Photo

The Official Video Games Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1292 replies to this topic

#1 WB3

WB3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

Well it's been a while since my 2009 Video Games Thread was deleted along with my multiple attempts at making the 2010 Video Game Thread, so I figured "Why not make an official Thread?" so here it is.

So far the games that I have interest in for 2010-2011 are:

JustCause 2
Portal 2
InFamous 2
Resistance 3 (hasn't been confirmed)

If anybody has any games they are interested in sharing I would love to here and discuss them.

The games I have for my PS3 (isn't online because of construction at my house and a few wireless connectivity problems) include:

NBA 2K7
NBA 2K9
NBA 2K10
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2010
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Resistance: Fall Of Man
Resistance 2
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools Of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time
Fallout 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Need For Speed Shift
Heavy Rain
Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed 2

My favorite Video Game Developers/Companies include NaughtyDog (Made Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter and Uncharted), Insomniac (Made Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet and Clank and Resistance, 2K Sports (NBA 2K series and SuckerPunch Productions (Made Sly Cooper and InFamous).

My favorite Video Games are mainly series, I love Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted all equally and the most and the next level down would be InFamous and Resistance.

I play NBA 2K10 the most because of my basketball and Miami Heat addiction lol. I am actually very good at 2K10, as I was with every NBA 2K game, not trying to be arrogant or c*cky, but it's the truth.

I will hold updates in this Thread on new games, old games, gaming news and post videos of my friend on Youtube who is the ultimate Video Game guy (pure computer genious and video game fanatic, not too big on sports though) and I will also post trailers and pictures of new and old games as well.

If there are any questions feel free to ask, those who participated in my last thread know I'm pretty easy going and will explain anything about games I have played or like (summary, graphics, plot ect).

Please feel free to contribute or ask questions, it will be appreciated and I hope you participate actively. Thank you.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 schizo

schizo

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

I'm a huge gamer myself. I've baught every NBA 2K series game EXCEPT for last years. I'll definitely be picking up the upcoming 2K11. Not cause of our new found potential, but solely cause of Michael Jordan being in the game, FINALLY!

No more creating a player with Jordan's stats and physique only to hear the announcer say "Number 23 with the Dunk!"..lol.

It's been too long since those days of Bulls vs Blazers (1992) & Lakers vs Celtics (1989) games when we could actually play as Jordan in game while all great players had their marquee moves.

I also own a ps3. Feel free anyone, to add me to your friends list, "schiz-o-phren-ic" is my nick.

A blast from the past... Best basketball game ever was Coach K College Basketball on the Genesis! lolz Cool
Posted Image

#3 Jumpman™

Jumpman™

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationGreece/Kilkis

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Heat3peat/WB3:
So far the games that I have interest in for 2010-2011 are:

JustCause 2
Portal 2
InFamous 2
Resistance 3 (hasn't been confirmed)

You missed 2k11 Big Grin
[
Formely known as JumpmanWade

#4 Jumpman™

Jumpman™

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationGreece/Kilkis

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by schizo:

No more creating a player with Jordan's stats and physique only to hear the announcer say "Number 23 with the Dunk!"..lol.

You should have bought 2k10,he does not say number 23,he names him regurlarly,Jordan with the dunk. Wink
[
Formely known as JumpmanWade

#5 Roli

Roli

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:00 AM

I recommend you to get these games:Mass Effect 2,Dante's Inferno,Gta Episodes from Liberty city,fight night round 4.Also you seriously need to get Red Dead Redemption.That's a must have.

These are the games i have for my 360:

-Gta IV
-Gta Episodes From Liberty City
-Halo 3
-Halo Wars
-Gears of War 2
-Need for Speed Shift
-Fight Night Round 4
-NBA Live 09
-NBA 2k10
-Madden NFL 10
-Assassin's Creed 2
-Dante's Inferno
-Mass Effect 2
-Red Dead Redemption

i'm planning to get these games:
-NBA 2k11
-either Mafia 2 or La Noire
-Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
-Call of Duty Black Ops
-Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
-Gears of War 3
Posted Image

#6 #1draftppick

#1draftppick

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • 10,028 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:49 AM

Anybody hear about that Street Fighter 4 vs Tekken Game? It would get boring in a half hour.

564032845.gif

-Winner Of The 2010 Miami Heat Message Boards Most Improved Poster Award   
-Winner Of The 2011 Miami Heat Message Boards Most Improved Poster Award

I don't lock threads, I just delete them

© 2009, #1draftppick, Inc. All rights reserved. Mario "The GOAT" Chalmers, GOAT, and the GOAT logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of #1draftppick, Inc. In the United States of America and

elsewhere.

#7 WB3

WB3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Roli:
I recommend you to get these games:Mass Effect 2,Dante's Inferno,Gta Episodes from Liberty city,fight night round 4.Also you seriously need to get Red Dead Redemption.That's a must have.

These are the games i have for my 360:

-Gta IV
-Gta Episodes From Liberty City
-Halo 3
-Halo Wars
-Gears of War 2
-Need for Speed Shift
-Fight Night Round 4
-NBA Live 09
-NBA 2k10
-Madden NFL 10
-Assassin's Creed 2
-Dante's Inferno
-Mass Effect 2
-Red Dead Redemption

i'm planning to get these games:
-NBA 2k11
-either Mafia 2 or La Noire
-Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
-Call of Duty Black Ops
-Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
-Gears of War 3
Nice collection of games you have there my friend.

I do plan on getting Red Dead Redemption and I have for some time now, I have the money to get it but I'm saving my money for a few Heat and Knicks games this year, but I definately plan on getting Red Dead Redemption some time in the future.

BTW, do you know if Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is a PS3 game too or is a 360 Exclusive? I'm a pretty big fan of the Assassins Creed series.

quote:
Originally posted by JumpmanWade:
You missed 2k11 Big Grin

Yeah, thanks for the headsup man. Those games are just off of the top of my head but 2K11 is a must have with MJ and the new Miami Heat. Big Grin I also plan on getting Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Roli

Roli

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

quote:

thanks

quote:
BTW, do you know if Assassins Creed: Brotherhood is a PS3 game too or is a 360 Exclusive? I'm a pretty big fan of the Assassins Creed series.

No,it's not a 360 Exclusive.It's coming out for the 360,ps3 and pc in november.
Posted Image

#9 Flawl3$$

Flawl3$$

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:05 AM

Halo: Reach anyone?
Or does everyone hear just have a PS3?
Also, can't wait for Madden 11 Big Grin the ratings for all the players came out on IGN.com just so everyone knows.

Roli, How was mass effect 2? I played the first one a few months ago and have been dying to get the 2nd one but haven't had to opportunity to yet. Frowner
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Officially against Official Threads.

Posted Image

"Who needs Deron Williams when Carlos Arroyo makes Ronnie Price look like him in OT?" -LowP3 after arroyo got anally raped

#10 WB3

WB3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

quote:
quote:

thanks

quote:

No,it's not a 360 Exclusive.It's coming out for the 360,ps3 and pc in november.
No problem and I can now add Assassins Creed: BrotherHood to my list of games to get as well. Big Grin

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Roli

Roli

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Flawl3$$:
Halo: Reach anyone?
Or does everyone hear just have a PS3?
Also, can't wait for Madden 11 Big Grin the ratings for all the players came out on IGN.com just so everyone knows.

Roli, How was mass effect 2? I played the first one a few months ago and have been dying to get the 2nd one but haven't had to opportunity to yet. Frowner

Forgot about Halo Reach.Can't wait for that game to come out.

Mass Effect 2 was FANTASTIC.Definitely worth buying.It's one of the best game i've ever played.If i could only take 3 games it would be: Red Dead Redemption,Mass Effect 2 and NBA 2k10.

btw will there be any new features in Madden NFL 11?
Posted Image

#12 Roli

Roli

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Has anyone played Splinter Cell Conviction ?Was it any good?

I wanted to buy it but decided to get Gta Episodes from Liberty City instead(loved it) because the ign review said that a decent gamer can finish it(splinter cell) in about five hours.The game looks awesome tho,but it's just way too short.
Posted Image

#13 schizo

schizo

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

My list...

Plus I just recently got Darksiders.
Also have quite a few PSN games, BionicCommando:Rearmed, BF1943, all the PixelJunk games, Joe Danger, Warhawk, Flower, WipeoutHD and some others that don't come to mind atm.
Posted Image

#14 WB3

WB3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

quote:
My list...

Also have quite a few PSN games, BF1943, all the PixelJunk games, Joe Danger, Warhawk, Flower, Wipeout and some others that don't come to mind atm.
Schizo, you were holding out on us, not a gamer lol.

That's a nice list of games. Did you beat all of them and how are the BioShock games? I was planning on getting the first one years ago but I for me Uncharted, NBA 2K and Ratchet and Clank were priorities at the time.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Roli

Roli

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

quote:
My list...

Also have quite a few PSN games, BionicCommando:Rearmed, BF1943, all the PixelJunk games, Joe Danger, Warhawk, Flower, WipeoutHD and some others that don't come to mind atm.

nice collection!
Is Just Cause 2 any good? I've watched some videos on youtube,it looks great.
Posted Image

#16 schizo

schizo

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

quote:
Schizo, you were holding out on us, not a gamer lol.

HAHA, I did say "I'm a huge gamer myself." Cool

Yea, I beat most of them.

As for Bioshock; Let's put it this way, It was a 360 exclusive when it was first released. I bought it and played through it twice. I picked it up a year later and my 360 died while I was playing through it a 3rd time. Mad

So as you can see, I just had to go out and get it again for the PS3 when it finally became available for the system. I can't really stress how great the game is, both gameplay & story-wise. I have yet to play a game that sucks you into it's atmosphere like Bioshock. Dead Space comes really close to matching the atmospheric feel. Bioshock 2 unfortunately doesn't measure up to the first. It's hard to improve on a sequel, when it's predecessor was so polished to begin with.

So yea bro, you can pickup Bioshock really cheap now. I paid $16.00 for mine, new. Definitely worth it!

quote:
Is Just Cause 2 any good? I've watched some videos on youtube,it looks great.

Lol, mannnn...! I lost count at the amount of times I had to slap myself to get back to finishing its Story. I couldn't help but get sidetracked in this game. There's so much you can do in the world. When I say 'world, I mean it! It's the largest game world I've ever seen. It's really A LOT of fun! In the end, the actual Story was it's greatest flaw. But the fun factor and misc things to do were tons of fun. I love the physics in this game. I'm also a Spiderman fan, so the grappling hook in this game just tickles my kiddie-bone.

Just like Bioshock, you can find Just Cause 2 really cheap. Worth it as well.

Check how the world of JustCause2 scales against other game worlds... http://i.imgur.com/uBWCz.jpg
Posted Image

#17 WB3

WB3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

That's cool Schizo, I can see I might have an active poster in this thread lol.

I am definately interested in both Bioshock and Just Cause 2 so I might just get both and then I'll exchange what I thought of the game in with you in this thread when I get and beat those games.

Schizo, what did you think of the Uncharted, Resistance and Assassins Creed games, particulary Uncharted 2. I loved all of the series and have beat all of the games to date in each, but I have to say, Uncharted 2 is undoubtfully my all-time favorite game.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 schizo

schizo

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Naughty Dog is definitely my favorite Developer. The industry should take note from these guys. Great support with their DLC (both free and reasonably priced) and really in touch with their consumers. Can't wait to see Killzone3 after hearing Naughty Dog is lending their expertise on the project. Same with inFamous2!

I had Uncharted2 on pre-order and just a week before its release, I came around to playing the original. "Holy **** this is good!" was my first impressions. With the exception of minor climbing mechanic glitches that ultimately had me jumping to my death (lol), I couldn't see it getting any better. I've had my ps3 since launch and could not believe I hadn't played it sooner. Definite Sleeper-Hit! Loved it all the way through. Never a dull moment.

Uncharted 2, heh, what can I say? It without a doubt has set the bar for gaming this generation. My ONLY gripe with the game, was that the most beautiful level, happened to be the same one that had us maneuvering through it frantically, stopping to enjoy the scenery meant death by crossbow. Big Grin If there's such a thing as a perfect game, UC:2 is it. Fun multiplayer too. Instant favorite indeed.

Assassin's Creed. I got so bored with this game. It got extremely repetitive very early in the game. I ended up throwing it aside. Then part 2 comes around and word that they fixed everything players felt was flawed in the first. I kicked myself in the *** when I heard this cause it only meant I had to go back to the first and finish it.

Just as I did with Uncharted. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for a good story. I cannot play a sequel without knocking out the first. So I get to the first again, strictly stayed with the storyline. What do you know, to my surprise the story ended up being really interesting and actually built up to a great cliffhanger ending.

AC:2, IMO the best sequel follow up in gaming. It literally picked up where the first ended, brilliantly. It fixed so many problems that the original had, that it ultimately felt like a whole new game. The freedom and fluidity in the player movement was very satisfying. Great authentic scenery as well. The story really got weird towards the end (i don't want to get into it for spoilers sake). Interesting non-the-less. Can't wait for the 3rd installment.

I know, I'm such a game-geek. Cool
Posted Image

#19 WB3

WB3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

Schizo, just from your posting on the Heat, telling it how it is and your posts in this thread, I can tell me and you are going to get along pretty good lol.

Naughtydog is also my favorite developer and the workers from Naughtydog worked in the same building as the workers from Insomniac (Resistance developers) and both are good friends with SuckerPunch which is the reasoning of Naughtydog helping SuckerPunch Productions with InFamous 2.

A lot of people don't like the changes to Cole, but they did it to make him more personable or hero-like I hear and forget about the "negative" changes to him and look at the improvements in graphics and ideas and I know it's going to be a great story-line.

As for your opinions on Uncharted and Assassins Creed, I 100% agree with both. I wasn't a big fan of the first Assassins Creed to be honest, I stayed with it because of the gameplay and storyline and I'm thankful after Assassins Creed 2, which was great.

Uncharted 2 for me is the greatest game of All-Time and the beautiful part I think your talking about is either towards the end of the Heart Of Ice level when the scarecrows come out or towards the end of the game before Lazarevic drinks the plasma/nector stuff from the Tree Of Life in Shambahla when the ScareCrows/Guardians or "yetis" attack. That part was hard as hell for me on Hard Mode but on Crushing Defeat it was pretty easy.

Is it me or does Crushing Defeat seem easier than Hard or even Medium Modes in Uncharted 2? lol

And what did you think of InFamous (I loved it!!!) and Resistance (loved that too but to a lesser extent at times lol)?

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 schizo

schizo

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

quote:
A lot of people don't like the changes to Cole, but they did it to make him more personable or hero-like I hear and forget about the "negative" changes to him and look at the improvements in graphics and ideas and I know it's going to be a great story-line.

Haven/t you heard? They're scaling the Cole character back. Apparently too many complaints on the new revision.

http://au.ps3.ign.co.../1108060p1.html
http://www.gamingeve...amous_2_details

I was completely fine with the new adjustments. I was also quite fond of the original. I kinda liked the fact that the 'superhero' had this grimey/gritty look to him. Win/Win for me. Big Grin

I haven't played Resistance since PS3's launch. I can say that what I do remember was my first impression of its multiplayer. I joined some random game and as soon as the scene opens and I spawn, I couldn't help but stand there, stuck on stupid just watching all the projectiles, explosions and bullet tracers flying across my screen all simultaneously without the slightest hint of frame drop/slowdown. I definitely have to pick it back up and revisit the single player.

inFamous was awesome. I wish they did more with the lighting. I actually got my Platinum trophy on it (yes, I got all the shards HAHA). Wished it was locked at 60fps too, that would've been sweet.

BTW,
I know it doesn't contain any in-game material, but isn't this one of the sickest teaser/trailers you've ever seen for a game ?
It's rumored that if you're a PSN+ Member, it covers your monthly fee as it's an MMO. This really raises a brow to those into these types of games.

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
height="385"
width="640"
> value="transparent"
> value="never"
> /> /> /> /> name="movie"
/> /> /> wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
height="385"
width="640"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2lGTfK4PmPw&hl=en_US&fs=1"