Photo

I am not a big coach spo fan but he deserves some credit for the Heat winning, I will explain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

I am not a big coach spo fan and I have highly critize him all season long like most people on here know but I have to give him credit for keeping the mindset of the Heat team positive at all times even when things looked REALLY BAD against both the Pacers and Celtics and have to give him lots of credit for calling out Wade for acting/playing like a Diva against the Pacers which is something most coaches are afraid of doing to their star players, but Spo did and after that Wade played much better in both series even though you could tell that Wade is not at 100% physically.

Now don't get me wrong here I still think Spo is not a good coach at in game adjustments or at calling plays for players and I hate that he constantly changes linepups.But really now that the Heat have made the NBA finals again I feel that their is no way Riley can fire him now because the Heat have reached the NBA finals two straight years now and this year he did it with two star players both Wade and Bosh basically playing injured.So no way in hell will Spo get fired by Riley now and all Heat fans including me must accept that Spo will stay as the Heat coach win or lose in the NBA finals.

#2 john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
  • Locationuranus

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

doc rivers will be perfect for the heat and spo as defensive coach. if the heat can do that, perhaps they can snag kg, too?
Posted Image
- i am in heat -

#3 azndead

azndead

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Doc rivers as our head coach we dont need spo as defensive coach. And we get kg. thats like 4 championships in a row

#4 azndead

azndead

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

And get ray ray. Its like having the eastern all stars starting lineup

#5 john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
  • Locationuranus

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

maybe even rondo will decide to take his talents to s.beach, too? but that's just too much, of course.
Posted Image
- i am in heat -

#6 dfried9326

dfried9326

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Do you realize the different lineups ARE an adjustment?

#7 JayWork

JayWork

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Ga

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

Spo is an amatuer earning his stripes through experience. Last year he was too textbook and "Riley Stubborn", Rick Carlisle showed him flexibility and adjustments were neccessary game to game. This year playoffs I saw Spoelstra adjusting his rotations and line ups more than he ever has as head coach, sometimes overboard maybe because of the absence of Bosh but thats part of the adjustments and learning, and I can live with him taking extra steps to find a winning formula.

Also this Boston series Doc Rivers biggest coaching factor was his defensive rotations, Loading/Zoning the paint and doubling wade with no pick and pop forward to guard with Bosh out. This made our initial offense stagnant and threw our star players who love ISO ball out of rhythm early in the series.

The solution? COACH, force our players to run the offense - set back screens, baseline cuts and swing the ball. Our offense looked more fluent as its ever been in 2 years after the first few games against a great defensive scheme by Boston. That credit has to go to coaching as players ESPECIALLY superstars rather rely on talent than X and O offense. Also anyone notice KG was murdering us with Bosh out and Spo elected to take Joel Anthony, our best post defender, out of the rotations because him on he court played right into the hands of the Celtics defensive gameplan, thats a tough call for a defense first coach but Spo made the right choice by shortening his rotation and softening Bostons man-zone by playing the right players.. thats game to game adjustments at its best.

I analyzed alot more but the point is this Erik Spoelstra deserves alot of credit for this series win and back to back trip to the finals. I'm still not a fan of his but I love this team and I hope he continues to learn and grow as a coach because after this run he isn't going anywhere and we need him on his A game to win it all. Good job Spo, way to beat Doc Rivers with the clipboard.

"I'm liable to go Michael, take your pick.. Jackson, Tyson, JORDAN.. game six"

Posted Image

#8 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

Do you realize the different lineups ARE an adjustment?

Yeah it is and I stated that I dont like that too much because it ruins team chemistry and he has been starting different lineups all season/playoff long to the point that the media makes jokes about it and laughs at him.I also have seen several times this year where the opposing coach of another team does do a in game adjustment and that team goes on a big run and Spo does not even bother calling even a timeout or doing a in game adjustment.Basically I sometimes feel he is told what to do before the game even starts by Riley and rarely does he do his own thing.

#9 dfried9326

dfried9326

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Yeah it is and I stated that I dont like that too much because it ruins team chemistry and he has been starting different lineups all season/playoff long to the point that the media makes jokes about it and laughs at him.I also have seen several times this year where the opposing coach of another team does do a in game adjustment and that team goes on a big run and Spo does not even bother calling even a timeout or doing a in game adjustment.Basically I sometimes feel he is told what to do before the game even starts by Riley and rarely does he do his own thing.

Do you like finals appearances? Because that's what tweaking the line up has accomplished two years in a row. I guess it hasn't been that bad for chemistry after all.

#10 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

Do you like finals appearances? Because that's what tweaking the line up has accomplished two years in a row. I guess it hasn't been that bad for chemistry after all.

Yep I like finals appearances but you have to admit that their have been times this season where players look lost in games.

#11 SCIENTIST SPO

SCIENTIST SPO

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,374 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

#12 dfried9326

dfried9326

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Yep I like finals appearances but you have to admit that their have been times this season where players look lost in games.

Except for when the games matter the most. We've looked pretty damn good in the playoffs with the exception of maybe two games. Even those we lost because no one sweeps through the playoffs. All playoff teams are good, you're bound to lose a few.

#13 GT

GT

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

That would be amazing, Doc as our coach and he also brings KG and Ray along. jk. Go Spo!
Posted Image

#14 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

Except for when the games matter the most. We've looked pretty damn good in the playoffs with the exception of maybe two games. Even those we lost because no one sweeps through the playoffs. All playoff teams are good, you're bound to lose a few.

Game 7 Miami looked lost until the 4th qtr and in game 5 Miami lost a KEY home game they should have won.

#15 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

LOL I give spo your man more credit than he deserves and you say this thread sucks.I guess you only think my bashing Spo threads are the only good ones LOL.

#16 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image