Photo

Nuggets 116 - HEAT 119 Game Recap

Miami HEAT Denver Nuggets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT defeated the Denver Nuggets 119-116 Saturday night at AmericanAirlines Arena to improve their record to 2-1. Ray Allen sealed the victory with a four-point play with just six seconds left. Here is tonight's game recap:

Impact Performance of the Night: Yes, Ray Allen hit the game winner with only 14 seconds left, but the performance of the night has to go to Chris Bosh. Bosh scored a game high 40 points and added seven rebounds. Bosh’s jumper opened up the floor for him and allowed him to attack Nuggets defenders off the dribble. Kenneth Faried and Kosta Koufos crowded Bosh often and Bosh was able to take advantage. He got to the line 10 times and had seven more field goal attempts at the rim. It was an almost perfect night for Bosh.

Memorable Quote: “LeBron found me and it was curtains.” –Ray Allen

The Deciding Run: I’m going to cheat here and go with the whole game. The game was filled with non-stop action, exciting plays and practically unstoppable offense. That was about as pure of a shootout as you’ll ever see; I hope you enjoyed it.

Play of the Game: This is the no-brainer of no-brainers. The Nuggets took the lead with about 14 seconds left. The HEAT inbounded in the frontcourt, LeBron drove to his left and found Ray Allen when the Nuggets defender helped off of him. Allen drilled the three and was fouled. He made the free throw and put the HEAT up three with six seconds left. That was the choice teams are going to have to make often this season and there really isn’t a good answer.

Sum It Up, Coach: “That was a little more circa 1980 NBA with the tempo both ways. We clearly did not play how we wanted to consistently defensively against that dynamic. They put so much pressure on the rim in so many different ways. But, nevertheless, we found a way to grind it out and get a win. You have to do that and learn how to do that against different styles, different kinds of players, different teams.” –Coach Erik Spoelstra

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 124.1; Defensive Efficiency: 115.1

Trend to Watch: The HEAT got their offense back on track Saturday night. A big reason why is the return to high-value areas. Nearly 60 percent of the HEAT’s field goal attempts were in the restricted area or from three. That’s a number that the HEAT will be looking to reach most nights. When the HEAT got going offensively it was because their shooters were creating space for Chris Bosh to work.

The Takeaway: The HEAT won a game against a very good opponent by playing exactly the kind of offense they want to. The defense may not have been exactly what the coaching staff hoped for, but Denver is a top offensive team. They were going to score a lot of points regardless of how well the HEAT played on the defensive end. Chris Bosh was able to handle mismatches and LeBron James and Ray Allen sealed the win by putting the Nuggets defense in the most precarious of situations. It was a very solid night overall, especially considering the HEAT were playing on the second night of a back to back.

Notes: LeBron James came up one rebound shy of a triple double, finishing with 20 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds. Ray Allen scored 23 points on just 12 shot attempts. Dexter Pittman and Josh Harrellson were inactive. Terrel Harris and Norris Cole did not play.

#2 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

The quote from Ray just shows how cold blooded he is.
Posted Image

#3 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

That...was....AWESOME to watch. I think they are starting to find their rhythm I don't know what's going on with the defence though. I think PITTMAN or ANTHONY could have shut down some of those PAINT points from Denver, but when Bosh is having a 40 point night playing centre, LET IT RIDE! I would have liked to kill that Farried, where does he get off! PREDATOR I tell you. Maybe send the Pitt out throw a couple bows, and just be on with it. Or even Udonis. Come on man, don't throw AIRBALLS, throw some bows. When someone is doing that to you in the paint every time, in your own house, use your elbows, gouge some eyeballs, do whatever it takes to make it stop!

Exciting game though, LETS GO HEAT!

Please, post the signature one more time...

#4 Blazer Nation

Blazer Nation

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

I am emotionally drained right now. Between the nail-biter with Denver and the Bama/LSU game, I can't watch anymore sports tonight! Go Heat!!!
Mario Chalmers for 3...Kaboom!!!!

#5 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

Miami has a big problem on the boards as you get out hustled in the paint.

You won't get away with small ball for a long run
LOL I love how MaxHeat69 has over 1500 posts, and he's not a Heat guy (MoodMuzik)(Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM)

#6 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,080 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Wade needs to be more aggressive offensively. He's not attacking the basket enough in the half court.

I also noticed LeBron settling for too many jumpers.

Besides those 2 things I think the offense has been great.

Defensively everything needs work, especially our defense against penetration and our defensive rebounding.

#7 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Miami has a big problem on the boards as you get out hustled in the paint.

You won't get away with small ball for a long run

keneth feried is smaller than battier

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#8 AJ

AJ

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Allen's 4 point play was so nice I had to see it twice, glad to finally be happy when he nails a 3 pointer. Game ball goes to Bosh who proclaims himself "Mr. Random," and who even said tonight's play was random. 40 points, he kept this team in this game and if not for him, the outcome would more than likely had been different. With all that said, I am still kind of scratching my head at the lack of defense to start the season, in 3 days the opponents are averaging 109 per night. On the best defensive team? How in the world? It was a solid mixture of defense and offense that won it all for them last year, we can't really expect for them to play at that intensity all season long...but still, it would be nice to see more of an effort.

Their next game isn't going to have any defense in it either with the Suns coming to town..it's basically this game on crack...who can score the most points.

#9 LeBron James The G.O.A.T ™

LeBron James The G.O.A.T ™

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • LocationSouth Beach Miami Florida

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ray Allen !!!!
Posted Image

Miami Heat Fan Since 05

#10 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

Wade needs to be more aggressive offensively. He's not attacking the basket enough in the half court.

I also noticed LeBron settling for too many jumpers.

Besides those 2 things I think the offense has been great.

Defensively everything needs work, especially our defense against penetration and our defensive rebounding.

I dont think Wade will b attacking as much this early in the season coming off with knee surgery,hes been smart this season and his still needs to get in game shape,his dribbles and passes are rusty.

tumblr_mvhkk5n8bj1rfimo0o1_400.gif                           

#11 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Allen's 4 point play was so nice I had to see it twice, glad to finally be happy when he nails a 3 pointer. Game ball goes to Bosh who proclaims himself "Mr. Random," and who even said tonight's play was random. 40 points, he kept this team in this game and if not for him, the outcome would more than likely had been different. With all that said, I am still kind of scratching my head at the lack of defense to start the season, in 3 days the opponents are averaging 109 per night. On the best defensive team? How in the world? It was a solid mixture of defense and offense that won it all for them last year, we can't really expect for them to play at that intensity all season long...but still, it would be nice to see more of an effort.

Their next game isn't going to have any defense in it either with the Suns coming to town..it's basically this game on crack...who can score the most points.

I think they just get tired defending at a high level everygame and bored just thinking theres 79 games left.Since we know what it takes to win it all.

tumblr_mvhkk5n8bj1rfimo0o1_400.gif                           

#12 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

keneth feried is smaller than battier

Oh yeah, but if you check the statistics, Denver out rebounded you.
LOL I love how MaxHeat69 has over 1500 posts, and he's not a Heat guy (MoodMuzik)(Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM)

#13 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Oh yeah, but if you check the statistics, Denver out rebounded you.

Me?

It's got nothing to do with size

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#14 JZA

JZA

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think Miami needs to be more aggressive, they failed getting many easy baskets and breakaways. Still I am cautiously concern, this game should have ended Miami 10 above Denver.

Last season Miami did the same thing, keep behind but close only to take over the last quarter. But this seemed like a comeback that failed at 07:30 min left. Thanks for Ray Allen sealing the win and before Lebron dominating the woken Gallinari.