Photo

Suns 99 - HEAT 124 Game Recap

Miami HEAT Phoenix Suns

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT knocked off the Phoenix Suns 124-99 Monday night at AmericanAirlines Arena to improve to 3-1. The HEAT host the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday night. Now let's get to the game recap:

Impact Performance of the Night: Mario Chalmers has been very good this season, and in the victory over the Suns he was excellent. Chalmers finished with nine points, 11 assists, four rebounds, three steals and, perhaps most importantly, one turnover. Chalmers has had total command of the floor. He’s finding easy buckets for teammates at the rim twice as often as he did last year. That’s phenomenal for the offense. The space created by the shooters is paying dividends.

Memorable Quote: “We preach defense here. When we defend we can do whatever we want on offense. The sky's the limit offensively.” –LeBron James

The Deciding Run: With 6:33 left in the third quarter, Luis Scola made a layup to cut the HEAT lead to 10 at 75-65. From that point until the end of the quarter the HEAT outscored the Suns 20-9, helped by five made three-pointers. The Suns were never able to recover.

Play of the Game: In the midst of the HEAT’s big third quarter run, LeBron James got out on the break and slammed home a powerful dunk over Marcin Gortat that brought the house down.

Sum It Up, Coach: “It was good to see two numbers, the sub-40 percent [field goal percentage] allowed and winning the rebound battle. I’ll take those two things. Everything else was just the cherry on top.” –Erik Spoelstra

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 121.1; Defensive Rating: 97.3

Trend to Watch: The offense stayed hot. It was the HEAT’s third game with an offensive efficiency over 120, the second game that Chalmers finished with 11 assists and Chris Bosh’s first half was tremendous. But keep an eye on the defense going forward. The HEAT held the Suns below league average offensive output.
The Takeaway: This was the first game that everything came together for the HEAT. The offense was extremely efficient. The ball was moving and the HEAT were getting shots in the restricted area and from behind the arc, which are the high value zones I’ve harped on this season. Defensively, the HEAT locked down the Suns, forcing turnovers and holding the Suns to under 40 percent shooting from the field.

Notes: LeBron James led the HEAT with 23 points and 11 rebounds. Dwyane Wade scored 22 points and dished out six assists, Chris Bosh added 18 points and Ray Allen filled the box score with 15 points, six assists and six rebounds. Josh Harrellson and Dexter Pittman were inactive. Ray Allen eclipsed the 23,000 career point mark.

#2 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Good, fun game. This team has some of the most exciting players to watch play.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#3 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

My God this offense is scary good. Ball movement is unlike anything I've seen since the Big 3 got together. Knicks game aside this unit has recorded at least 119 ppg. I think we are in much better position to have off nights from certain players because of the depth.
1zg3qc8.jpg

#4 helstinki

helstinki

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

78 to go

#5 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Very impressed with Ray Allen ( 15pts, 6rebs, 6ast) and Chalmers (9pts, 11ast, 1to). Good team effort but we can get even better, especially on the defensive side.

(NEW SIG HERE SOON)

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#6 gotankles

gotankles

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

at this stage , egos have really been put aside for the betterment of the team although i expect the big three to average a bigger scoring load as the season progresses its been rather impressive for the most part its been about the right play for the most efficient shot and the defense picked up although this suns team isn't that potent offensively and their defense was pretty terrible especially during pick n roll situations

#7 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

Very impressed with Ray Allen ( 15pts, 6rebs, 6ast) and Chalmers (9pts, 11ast, 1to). Good team effort but we can get even better, especially on the defensive side.

I agree 1hunnid% .
Posted Image

#8 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

Come on, Phoenix was by no means a threat, especially on the boards. Phoenix sucks, so move on to stronger opponents, guys.
LOL I love how MaxHeat69 has over 1500 posts, and he's not a Heat guy (MoodMuzik)(Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM)

#9 lebronLBJ

lebronLBJ

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Great ball movement, best we have played so far

#10 ScottiePippen33

ScottiePippen33

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts
  • LocationStratford,CT/ New Rochelle,NY

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

at this stage , egos have really been put aside for the betterment of the team although i expect the big three to average a bigger scoring load as the season progresses its been rather impressive for the most part its been about the right play for the most efficient shot and the defense picked up although this suns team isn't that potent offensively and their defense was pretty terrible especially during pick n roll situations

+1000

But as you said it was against the Suns. I rather see this vs the contenders or the beast teams of the East and West especially teams with bigs.
Posted ImagePosted ImageGreatest Athlete/Artist ever

#11 big3boi

big3boi

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

they played a great game. they have played great games all season with the exception of the knicks game which was total ********. i believe that miami let new york win because of hurrican sandy.

#12 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

57.7% 3pt!!!

I hope Mario can keep playing like this all year. Damn is Ray Allen ever playing better than advertised. Battier keeps doing those little things that don't show up on the scorecard, but makes everyone around him better. LeBron can be dominant in so many ways. If Bosh keeps getting going early on in games it's gonna *** up most teams. It's great to see Wade on form... Rashard is playing better than expected this early on. I hope this keeps up against tougher teams.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#13 big3boi

big3boi

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

57.7% 3pt!!!

I hope Mario can keep playing like this all year. Damn is Ray Allen ever playing better than advertised. Battier keeps doing those little things that don't show up on the scorecard, but makes everyone around him better. LeBron can be dominant in so many ways. If Bosh keeps getting going early on in games it's gonna *** up most teams. It's great to see Wade on form... Rashard is playing better than expected this early on. I hope this keeps up against tougher teams.

Mario is playing amazing and what stinks is people don't see that because they are caught up in the lebron james fame. i really hate when people start to follow the heat only because lebron comes to the heat. they don't realize that d-wade is a great player because they like lebron so much. now i'm not putting lebron down i believe he is the best player on the heat. i even have 4 jerseys of him, but i also have d-wade, bosh, and mario chalmers jerseys too. ray allen is a beast. he is unstoppable in the corner on three's. and yes if bosh get's going early on watch out (opposing teams) Let's go and win another championship. GO HEAT!!!

#14 heatchamp45

heatchamp45

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

We will be in the finals again. IMO the only team that can stop us is the knicks because they have so much talent and so much depth....

I think we will get to the east finals and we will play the knicks.

ATlanta indiana the magic i dont think are a threat to the heat.

But the knicks looks like they are getting it together at the beginning of this year. They were a mess last year but this year i think they are way better than last.

MIAMI HEAT  2006 - 2012 - 2013 NBA CHAMPS.............   :) 

#15 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

We will be in the finals again. IMO the only team that can stop us is the knicks because they have so much talent and so much depth....

I think we will get to the east finals and we will play the knicks.

ATlanta indiana the magic i dont think are a threat to the heat.

But the knicks looks like they are getting it together at the beginning of this year. They were a mess last year but this year i think they are way better than last.

I still see the Celtics as the second best team in the east but Knicks could very well challenge them and overtake that spot, if they keep on playing as they have been.

(NEW SIG HERE SOON)

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#16 LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

Much better D, but still need to tighten it up. I don't want us to turn into the Warriors. Talent can win games alone. But we got to get that D and rebounding turned up to win another ring. We will. It is early. And there isn't much you can do when we are as small as we are without a true center or any size. We sacrifice rebounding for our speed and quickness.
Posted Image

#17 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Great game,would love to see MIAMI play like that on a continuous basis,against 'better' teams...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#18 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

I still see the Celtics as the second best team in the east but Knicks could very well challenge them and overtake that spot, if they keep on playing as they have been.

agreed. Jason Kidd really is an understated add for the Knicks in unifying their team. His IQ really brings out the best in his team-mates to play up to their best potentials even if he physically has lost a step. Their ball movement is really good right now. Defensively they are playing well. They still have yet to add Camby, Amare and Shumpert. But the Celtics will continue to improve as their chemistry builds... but they lost a lot in letting Ray Allen escape. Even though the pieces they added are good, it doesn't close the gap created by Allen joining the Heat.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image