Photo

HEAT 86 - Grizzlies 104 Game Recap

Miami HEAT Memphis Grizzlies Recap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Joe Murphy)

The Miami HEAT lost 104-86 to the Memphis Grizzlies Sunday evening. The HEAT have a chance to bounce back tomorrow in Houston when they take on the Rockets. Here's a quick recap:

Impact Performance of the Night: Wayne Ellington. Ellington was on fire from downtown all night, shooting 7-for-11 from three. He finished with a career-high 25 points. Ellington was the jolt the Grizzlies needed off the bench.

The Deciding Run: At the 8:07 mark the HEAT forced a miss jumper from Jerryd Bayless. LeBron James secured the rebound, but turned it over when Rudy Gay got a hand on the pass. Zach Randolph scored and was fouled. Two possessions later Bayless blocked Ray Allen then found Wayne Ellington for a three. In the span of 40 seconds the HEAT went from down seven with possession to down 12. They were never able to recover.

Play of the Game: In the first quarter Mario Chalmers found James streaking on a fastbreak. Chalmers’ lob was perfect and James flushed it down, just missing hitting his head on the rim.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Rating: 91.6; Defensive Rating: 107.2

Trend to Watch: The HEAT defense struggled for the second time in three road games, surrendering 104 points to the Grizzlies. For the most part, the defense was OK, but the Grizzlies were able to find a number of open threes. Like after the game against the Knicks, the HEAT will self-correct, just as they’ve done over the last two seasons.

The Takeaway: This is a game to crumple up and throw in the trash. The HEAT missed 14 free throws and the Grizzlies hit 14 three-pointers. Both numbers figure to be outliers this season and both played a large part in the loss.

Notes: LeBron James finished with 20 points, 10 rebounds and six assists. Chris Bosh scored 22 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Terrel Harris and Dexter Pittman were inactive.

#2 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

OMG WE SUCK FIRE SPOELSTRA TRADE WADE!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#3 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

There was a lid on the rim for large stretches of the game.
Posted Image

#4 z3rOoOo

z3rOoOo

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

theres always an average joe that plays great when the heat plays any team.. jeff teague and now ellington.. whos next?

Heat has a weaknes in defensing the 3 just like how we were scorched by the Knick..

Anyways, lez go n "Bounce Back"...

"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often an illusion" - Michael Jordan

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2251475/lebronkingjam.gif

#5 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

sometime you need to play more outside shots than inside, we have plenty of 3 point threats, i think this game rotation is bad, they can counter them in another way by bringing the kaboom folks and let sick Wade and James drives to the goal...

#6 Ryan123

Ryan123

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with firing Coach Sop. IMO we need to change the lineup vs big teams such as LA, Memphis and etc. The way Rashard Lewis is playing off the bench. I think he should be starting now. SO the lineup will be C : Bosh , PF : Lewis , SF : Lebron , SG : Wade and PG : Chalmers. Eventually all this small ball will catch up to us.
Ryan Neilly

#7 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

momma said there'd be days like this...
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#8 Takashi

Takashi

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationWade County

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Its one of those games..We should be fine. I do agree that we should adjust the lineup when playing bigger teams to give us a better matchup

867772917.gif?1413071403

#9 305 Till I Die

305 Till I Die

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • LocationMiami,FL

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

stop going crazy guys its just one game smh <_<

2d6fit.jpg

#10 Miami Best predictor

Miami Best predictor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOH

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

come on!! this is too early..the heat will get to the finals. and remember me saying that.Lebron is too hungry to become a legend. he will get it.

#11 Heat.com

Heat.com

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Other teams can hit the panic button, we're 5-2 lol.
SIGNATURE REMOVED
Reduce image size.