Photo

HEAT 100 - Clippers 107

Miami HEAT LA Clippers Recap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Noah Graham)

The Miami HEAT dropped their third game of the season 107-100 to the Los Angeles Clippers Wednesday night. The HEAT travel to Denver to take on the Nuggets Thursday night. Here's a quick game recap:

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James in a losing effort. James led all scorers with 30 points. He added seven assists and five rebounds. James carried the scoring load for the HEAT all game and was able to make the game interesting long after many thought the game to be over. James was very proficient in the post, scoring on any defender stuck defending him on the block.

The Deciding Run: At the 2:41 mark of the third quarter the HEAT trailed the Clippers 74-72. Chris Paul hit back-to-back threes from way beyond the arc and sparked an 11-2 run to close the quarter. The HEAT were never able to truly recover.

Play of the Game: Chris Paul’s three late in the shot clock to start the Clippers’ run. Paul pulled up from 32 feet and drilled the jumper, which was the beginning of the end for the HEAT.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 102.3; Defensive Efficiency: 111.4

Trend to Watch: The HEAT have steadied themselves on the glass. Up next, the HEAT will likely focus on their perimeter rotations and defending three-point shots. On the road trip, HEAT opponents are shooting 43 percent from deep. Normal regression will bring this down, but so will the HEAT getting valuable practice time in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on the progress as the HEAT approach the end of the calendar year.

The Takeaway: Last season the HEAT dropped three straight games on the west coast, including a back-to-back against the Clippers and Nuggets. It’s a tough road swing, and while the loss to the Clippers may have been frustrating, it doesn’t mean much in the long run. Like the Memphis game, accept the loss and move on.

Notes: Rashard Lewis scored 11 points in 14 minutes. Ray Allen finished with 14 points and five steals. Dexter Pittman and Josh Harrellson were inactive. The HEAT play in Denver on Thursday night. Tip is set for 10:30.

#2 Blazer Nation

Blazer Nation

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for the breakdown Danny. I only got to listen to part of the game so I didn't know what happened. I'm confident everyone will get on the same page soon. Go Heat!!!
Mario Chalmers for 3...Kaboom!!!!

#3 Miami Best predictor

Miami Best predictor

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationOH

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

WE NEED MORE TIME, AND WAUT AND SEE, WE ARE GOING TO BE THE MONSTER THAT TEAR EVERY TEAM APART,
ALOT OF PPL THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE THE CLIPPERS HAVE WON FEW GAMES THAT THEY WILL BE CONTENDERS IN THE WEST, HERE WHERE IT'S GOING TO BE: MIAMI ALL THE WAY, WE ARE THE HARDEST, FASTEST,SMARTEST WORKING TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, LEBRON IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE THE KING, WADE GOT THE BEST BASKET SKILL MOVES EVER, RAY ALLEN AND BATTIER AND LEWIS WILL BE THE BEST THREE POINT SHOOTERS, WE NEED CHALMER TO STEP UP EVERYNIGHT, AS WELL AS NORRIS KOLE, MIKE MILLER WILL BE OUR SAVIOR IN THE PLAYOFFS, SAVE HIM FOR LATER.
WE WILL BE CHAMPIONS aGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN..!!! bASSIMO

#4 King of The Roads

King of The Roads

Rotation Player

• Administrators
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Uhhhhh...what is Dwyane doing right now?
"Then '96 came...."

#5 MYC

MYC

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

still hangover from the summer I guess

www.mycsculptures.com
www.facebook.com/mycsculptures
science fiction and fantasy statues

#6 Heat4daWin

Heat4daWin

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

I hope he decides to sit out... I think we'll have a better chance

#7 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,612 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Seems as if LEBRON was the only starter to show up.LEWIS/ALLEN was solid coming off the bench,but MIAMI needs more from it's starters.Maybe MIAMI will bounce back and get this HEAT machine rolling for a nice win streak.Ten games in a row should ease HEAT nation's worries...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#8 No Rebounds No Rings

No Rebounds No Rings

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Score was alot closer than it should've been.

I hope Joel gets some burn next game. I know his offensive game sucks but what we really need right now is someone who can protect the rim and slow down quick guards off the PnR.

Joel has proved numerous times he is good at both so lets get him back into the rotation even if it means cutting into UD's/Lewis/Battier minutes.
Posted Image