Photo

Nets 89 - HEAT 102 Game Recap

Miami HEAT Brooklyn Nets Recap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT extended their winning streak to six games Saturday night when they took down the Brooklyn Nets 102-89. The HEAT took control of the game in the third quarter and never looked back. Here's a quick recap:

Impact Performance of the Night: Dwyane Wade dominated tonight’s game against the Nets. He finished with 34 points on 14-for-20 shooting, dished out seven assists and wreaked havoc on the defensive end. Wade made numerous vintage plays, splitting double teams, hitting circus layups and skying for dunks and alley oops. It was his best game of the season.

Memorable Quote: “In this early season, this is one of our best games so far. Complete from beginning to end as a unit. This is a good start for the month of December, defensively. We just want to continue to get better.” –Dwyane Wade

The Deciding Run: In the middle of the third quarter the Nets led by eight points. Two minutes later, the game was tied. Chris Bosh and Ray Allen made jumpers then Wade scored two quick buckets. After Wade’s jumper with 3:19 tied the game, the HEAT never trailed.

Play of the Game: Ray Allen has shown all season that he’s much more than a spot-up shooter. In the fourth quarter, Allen showed off his vision and passing as he found Dwyane Wade for a monster alley oop. Wade took contact on the bucket and was still able to finish over Kris Humphries.

Sum It Up, Coach: “This was a step-forward game for us. It was good to see our guys connected again. We didn’t necessarily play great basketball in the first half, but I think in some ways this was our best win, our best game in terms of the connection, the communication and the commitment to each other.” –Erik Spoelstra

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 115.4; Defensive Efficiency: 91.9

Trend to Watch: The HEAT’s defense came alive in the second half, especially the fourth quarter. After surrendering 59 points in the first half, 35 in the second quarter, the HEAT locked down the Brooklyn Nets offense. The HEAT forced 12 second half turnovers which led directly to 15 points. This is the type of defense the HEAT is capable of. It’s not surprising that this defensive effort came after a full week and a half at home, including numerous practices.

The Takeaway: This may have been the HEAT’s best, most complete win of the season. Dominating an Eastern Conference contender is a good way to end a four game homestand. Mark this game down on the calendar because it might be a springboard going forward.

Notes: LeBron James finished with 21 points, nine rebounds and six assists. Norris Cole and Ray Allen combined for 25 points, outscoring the entire Nets bench. Josh Harrellson and Shane Battier were inactive. Battier is day-to-day.

#2 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

I would like to see Jorts get some playing time.
Posted Image

#3 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,007 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

What a great game to be at! Posted Image We started off slow and couldn't get anything going early but Wade kept us alive. He really came out and played fantastic after being in a little slump. When he split those two defenders late in the 2nd quarter and slithered through the D, me and my friend went nuts. It was real good to see him play like vintage Flash. Cole gave us some great minutes as well, his D on Deron was vital and he finished at the rim well. I noticed he needs to make some better decisions on the fast break but he did a good job of making decisions in the half court yesterday even though the assists won't show it. The crowd was pretty good as well, at least in the upper levels. It still pissed me off people left early, but with how terrible the traffic is getting out of there, I can't say I blame them.
Posted Image

#4 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Good game last night by both teams. I'm a Nets Fan for life, been a Nets fan since I was in like 3rd grade since dad watch Nets and Knicks, but I know Heat are best team right now, but since Nets are doing well now good to see how they matched up and the Nets did a better then I thought they would for the most part, but Heat are just good and know how to win, which hope Nets will learn. Can't wait for Brooklyn game in January

#5 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,058 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

lol the early november? what is this, 2006?

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#6 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

lol the early november? what is this, 2006?

Nope The Early November is a band. Check them out if you haven't

#7 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Good team win,great to see WADE get a little of his rhythm back,and amazing second half defense...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#8 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,007 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image wow that flew over your head bro.
Posted Image

#9 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,058 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

i know. you didnt get the joke that people stopped liking them around 2006

Posted Image

KxKMltE.gif

#10 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

i know. you didnt get the joke that people stopped liking them around 2006

Posted Image

actually your wrong about that. People still like them. That's why they made a new record and a lot of their dates for the tours have sold out this year, but nice try saying people don't like them.

#11 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Posted Image wow that flew over your head bro.

nope didn't go over my head, like I said above, people still like them, that's why they got back together.

#12 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Never heard of them.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#13 big3boi

big3boi

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

nope didn't go over my head, like I said above, people still like them, that's why they got back together.

Who gives a ***!

#14 big3boi

big3boi

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

is miami going to keep wearing there white hot jerseys. i think that they should us those jerseys for their home games.

#15 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,058 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

actually your wrong about that. People still like them. That's why they made a new record and a lot of their dates for the tours have sold out this year, but nice try saying people don't like them.

yikes. not too into jokes, are ya..

KxKMltE.gif

#16 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

yikes. not too into jokes, are ya..

I'm into jokes, joke about the nets, the heat, any other team in the nba all you want, just not music jokes. Music is pretty much my life so jokes about that I don't really like.

#17 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,058 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

lol i love this guy

KxKMltE.gif

#18 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

lol i love this guy

I am a girl

#19 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Oh lord.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#20 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

I am a girl

Your lying.
Posted Image