Photo

HEAT at Wizards Official Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Washington Wizards Preview

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Ned Dishman)

The Miami HEAT hit the road to take on the Washington Wizards tonight in the nation's capital. The HEAT have won six games in a row and are 12-3 overall. The Wizards are 1-13. Tip off is set for 7 PM. Coverage on Sun Sports starts at 6:30.

1. What has to happen for Washington, the least efficient offense in the league, to win?

Couper: Pretty much what any team needs to do, except in this case it’s asking a lot based on the production the Wizards are getting so far. They’ll need active games from Nene, Kevin Seraphin and Emeka Okafor – remember when Okafor went nuts for 23 and 13 two years ago – but more than anything they’ll have to be very efficient with isolated, contested jumpers. It’s possible, but if that’s the plan of action then the odds are usually not in your favor.

Danny: For the Wizards to win, they’ll need a lot of breaks to go their way. They’ll need lots offensive rebounds and lots of threes. If they don’t get those, they’ll need the HEAT offense to go especially cold. This will be a tough game for the Wizards, but anything can happen in a one game sample.

2. Do you expect to see the same defense we saw against Brooklyn in the second half? Do we need to?

Couper: It’s a bit much to ask for that level of intensity on a consistent basis, especially this early in the regular season, but considering the efficiency difference between the offenses of the Brooklyn Nets and the Wizards, the HEAT could turn in a solid, consistent effort and end up with similar results. On a personal note, I’ve seen enough of the defense for now that I won’t have much reason to be critical for quite some time, but it wouldn’t hurt to get the defensive ranking into the Top 10 just so we can avoid silly narratives.

Danny: No. I doubt we’ll see that energy level unless the Wizards are making a serious push late in the game. The HEAT’s defense has gotten better and better the last two weeks. I expect that to continue. But what we saw against the Nets was some next-level stuff. The Wizards really struggle to score and I’d be shocked if they all of a sudden lit up the HEAT.

3. How would this game be different if John Wall was around?

Couper: On one hand, Wall would really test Miami’s transition defense with his ability to push the ball from any spot on the floor, but he also was one of the greatest singular offensive drains last season because of his affinity for mid-range jumpers, on which he converted almost at a league-low rate. In the end, his playmaking ability is a huge plus for a team that really needs it. I’m sure you would also have heard about how much speed guards tend to hurt the HEAT, to which I always reply that speed guards tend to hurt just about everyone.

Danny: Wall hasn’t been as efficient as I thought he would be, but he still puts pressure on a defense. Wall’s speed allows him to breakdown a defense, which opens up space for shooters. His presence would help boost some of the team’s shooting numbers. Also, his two-man game with Nene would present problems. I look forward to Wall’s return. This Wizards offense needs him.

4. Mario Chalmers appeared to struggle a bit against Brooklyn. Anything to be concerned about?

Couper: Chalmers had some good moments early in that game, and many of his turnovers were the result of him trying to make tough passes in traffic – the same risks he’s been making all season. Sometimes you’re just going to come out on the unlucky side throwing those passes, which Erik Spoelstra knows very well, but the fact that Norris Cole was putting in an incredible defensive effort on Deron Williams is what really earned Cole the late-game minutes. Chalmers is capable of that type of defense, too, and we’ll see it eventually, but that just wasn’t his night, as he readily admitted himself.

Danny: I lean towards no. Chalmers started off the season extremely well and while he’s struggled some, it’s not like his production has totally fallen off. Chalmers’ three-point shooting figures to get better and he’s still making some impressive passes. As the team’s defense rounds into form, his contributions on that end will look better too. Patience is the name of the game this season. It will take much more than a handful of games to make me concerned about anything.

#2 miamiheat#1

miamiheat#1

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

The Heat really don't have to do nothing because Washington is being destroyed this season. Just put in Lebron James and Dwyane Wade in and the game will be over by the end of the first quarter.
MIAMI HEAT ALL FRIKKIN DAY

#3 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

I look forward to watching another exciting Heat basketball game.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#4 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,614 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

As long as MIAMI play HEAT basketball,they should be fan.These types of games tend to lull MIAMI to sleep,I'm just hoping that it don't come down to late game theatrics to pull this game out,or lose it...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#5 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Shane Battier and Norris Cole are out for this game

(NEW SIG HERE SOON)

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#6 Leonhart

Leonhart

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

They're probably gonna go ham on offense and forget about defense, which is alright considering we're going against the worst team in the league
"Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's truly about the game, and in some ways that's about life too." -Michael Jordan
Posted Image

#7 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Perhaps we see more minutes from our own supporting cast?

Let's take a page out of Pop's playbook in this game. lol

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#8 Brooklyn New York

Brooklyn New York

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Chat link?

2jfdb2c.gif

#9 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

OOOH Scrub of the Night.... AJ Price

Wade will cry... PEPE NOOOOO :rolleyes:

#10 LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I hope we just take care of business from the start and blow them out.
Posted Image

#11 Strafe Breaker

Strafe Breaker

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSpencer Mansion

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Learn from the mistakes of others and ones team and Play hard, doesn't matter if the Wizards gets the jump first, Grind it and push for the W.
"Bottom line, let the others hate but should we win they too will hypocritically celebrate with us who unwaveringly took all the weight".

Go Miami Heat!

Lebron James : "I don't do what I do for other people's approval."

#12 !HardWood!

!HardWood!

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Game chat??

Edited:
Danny said none tonight.
Posted Image

#13 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

No chat today, guys. We didn't have enough mods. Thursday we'll have one.

#14 G-Manny

G-Manny

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

1-13 wizards are playing as if they were 13-1, why everybody has to play so good against the heat :angry:

#15 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

1-13 wizards are playing as if they were 13-1, why everybody has to play so good against the heat :angry:

Loving the Wiz effort...

But wow... just compare the FT discrepancy

Heat 4-5

Wiz 14-19

#16 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,715 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Loving the Wiz effort...

But wow... just compare the FT discrepancy

Heat 4-5

Wiz 14-19

We are getting STERNED BIG TIME they want to set up the NY VS Miami game as a huge game for 1st place in the east, Heat will need to beat the refs and wizards tonight.

#17 mrwormburn

mrwormburn

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

UD flat out sucks out there. Since he can't hit a broad barn, just play Joel instead.

#18 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Joel shooting 60% this season so far being efficient when given the opportunity

Spo should really consider giving him more playing time

#19 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,445 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

We better not lose to this team lol
Posted Image

#20 SG-Three

SG-Three

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

This is starting to be fun. Somehow, you know that the heat will win.

DWade+Sig.jpg