Photo

HEAT 101 - Wizards 105 Game Recap

Miami HEAT Washington Wizards Recap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Ned Dishman)

The Miami HEAT lost 105-101 to the Washington Wizards Tuesday night, snapping a six game winning streak. The loss drops the HEAT to 12-4 on the season. Th HEAT return to action Thursday night when they host the New York Knicks.

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James recorded his first triple-double of the season with 26 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists. James started slow but came on strong during the second half. In the fourth quarter he scored 11 points and got open shots for teammates all over the floor. Unfortunately for the HEAT, the shots didn’t fall.

The Deciding Run: There really wasn’t a short run that decided the game. The Wizards built an early lead and held on in the second half. They were able to respond to HEAT baskets throughout the second half.

Play of the Game: With the HEAT down four points late in the fourth quarter, LeBron James threw a crazy bounce pass to Dwyane Wade under the basket that resulted in a layup. How James and Wade were able to connect there, we’ll never know.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 105.1; Defensive Efficiency: 109.6

Trend to Watch: Tonight, the HEAT’s open threes didn’t fall like they did in other contests. In their close games against Denver, Milwaukee, Cleveland and others, the HEAT used three-pointers to catch opponents and then eventually knock them off. Ray Allen and Mike Miller got clean, open looks, but they rimmed out. Those shots are still the looks they HEAT want. It will be interesting to see if the HEAT go back to that well the next time a game gets tight.

The Takeaway: It’s an early December loss that we’ll probably forget come playoff time, especially considering the HEAT were without three rotation players. However, the loss gives the HEAT some game film that will show them where to get better. Losses, while inconvenient, can be tremendous learning tools. It’ll be interesting to see how the HEAT respond.

Notes: Chris Bosh finished with 20 points, 12 rebounds and four assists. Dwyane Wade added 24 points. Mario Chalmers left the game early with a finger injury. Norris Cole and Shane Battier were inactive, both are recovering from injury.

#2 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Just one of those games.
1zg3qc8.jpg

#3 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

is it cool if i panic?

its way more fun

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#4 TrapStar3

TrapStar3

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Did we just lost to the wizards???

#5 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Miami lost to the Wizards when Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all had good games, well that's pretty funny and cool

#6 big3boi

big3boi

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Miami lost to the Wizards when Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all had good games, well that's pretty funny and cool

No that's not pretty funny and cool if ur not a miami fan than get off this website.

#7 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,801 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Perimeter defense and poor first half play finally caught up to them,huh?It was overdue,let's see if they respond like champions...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#8 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

No that's not pretty funny and cool if ur not a miami fan than get off this website.

take a chill pill man, it's only a game. It's funny because the Heat are pretty good and the Wizards are laughable with how bad they are doing, so when a team like that beats a great team you got to make jokes, even fans got to make jokes. And it's cool, because now I don't have to worry about Knicks beating Heat. I was worried before, but since Miami lost I'm not a worried, trust me I'm not a big Heat fan, so I don't root for them(don't root against them either anymore, they are a team like the Kings that are just there in NBA). But I want to see the Knicks lose to the Heat badly, so I was hoping the Heat would lose so they had a monkey on there back to help them play much better vs Knicks

#9 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

im a make a bunch of Early November jokes now.

how's the lead singer's solo project coming along?

its funny how the keyboard player joined hellogoodbye and now they suck too.

KxKMltE.gif

#10 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

im a make a bunch of Early November jokes now.

how's the lead singer's solo project coming along?

its funny how the keyboard player joined hellogoodbye and now they suck too.

actually ace's solo projects are great, and I guess Hellogoodbye sucks since Joe isn't in the band anymore.

And you know those weren't jokes, those were questions.

#11 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Is Hellogoodbye still doing music? They use to be big back in 04-05.
Posted Image

#12 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

#13 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

actually ace's solo projects are great, and I guess Hellogoodbye sucks since Joe isn't in the band anymore.

And you know those weren't jokes, those were questions.

iv seen his solo project live. me and the 4 other people watching didnt seem to care for it.

the second one wasnt a question.

KxKMltE.gif

#14 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Every dog has his day especially since the Heat were missing two key players like Battier and Chalmers, also not having Cole hurts.

#15 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

guys i just realized im arguing with the only girl on this site..

wassup?

you like the early november huh?

KxKMltE.gif

#16 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Is Hellogoodbye still doing music? They use to be big back in 04-05.

yeah I think they are I know they played a show in NYC a week after thanksgiving. Not as big as they once were

#17 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

iv seen his solo project live. me and the 4 other people watching didnt seem to care for it.

the second one wasnt a question.

well then we got something in common. You don't like Ace much and I don't like Heat much, I like talking with fans though all the trash talk is in good fun and you learn something from other fans. I've learned their are a few good Heat fan(ones who liked them before Lebron and Bosh)

#18 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

well then we got something in common. You don't like Ace much and I don't like Heat much, I like talking with fans though all the trash talk is in good fun and you learn something from other fans. I've learned their are a few good Heat fan(ones who liked them before Lebron and Bosh)

I didnt even know there was a team callled the heat until bosh brond james

KxKMltE.gif

#19 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I figured it out.

The Heat are used to one scrub player going ham against them on any given night.

Thing is...the Wizards are a team filled with scrubs. The Heat never had a chance!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#20 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

@WindhorstESPN: Battier (knee), Chalmers (finger), Cole (groin), Haslem (hip) all expected to be available for Heat vs. Knicks.
Posted Image