Photo

Knicks 112 - HEAT 92 Game Recap

Miami HEAT New York Knicks Reap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT dropped their second straight game, losing 112-92 to the New York Knicks. It was the HEAT's first home loss of the season. The HEAT fall to 12-5 on the season and trail the Knicks in the Eastern Conference. Here's a quick game recap:

Impact Performance of the Night: Raymond Felton was unstoppable tonight. He finished with 27 points and seven assists. He shot 6-of-10 from beyond the arc, leading the Knicks three-point barrage.

The Deciding Run: The HEAT and Knicks were tied 52-52 at the half. In the first nine minutes of the third quarter, the Knicks outscored the HEAT 33-15, building an 18-point advantage. During the run the Knicks made seven three-pointers.

Play of the Game: While attempting to lead a comeback, LeBron James finished a vicious slam dunk off a Ray Allen assist. James caught the ball moving at full speed and didn’t slow down on his way to the rim.

Sum It Up, Coach: “This game was played like a shootout, but in the wrong direction for us. They were knocking down a great deal of their shots and we weren’t knocking down ours. We weren’t doing a whole lot to discourage them or disrupt them from their rhythm. We tried a lot of different things. We just have to do it a whole lot harder than we’ve been doing. They came in and played a very good basketball game.” –Erik Spoelstra

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Rating: 96.5; Defensive Rating: 117.4

Trend to Watch: The Knicks have been committed to shooting threes all season and that didn’t stop against the HEAT. The HEAT have struggled at times to defend the three-point line and the Knicks took advantage. The HEAT defense has been lacking, but these aren’t problems that we haven’t seen before. For much of last season opponents were able to knock down long-range shots against the HEAT. That ended during the playoffs. The HEAT know how to plug the leaks and it will be interesting to see how the HEAT adjust going forward.

The Takeaway: This loss is frustrating, but just as the others this season, it’s just one. The HEAT are still in good shape while playing imperfect basketball. That’s encouraging in the sense that you know things can, and will, get better.

Notes: LeBron James came one assist shy of recording his second straight triple-double. He finished with 31 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists. Shane Battier and Norris Cole returned to action after missing time with injuries. Dexter Pittman and Josh Harrellson were inactive.

#2 SlyB33r

SlyB33r

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

LeBron James stayed for a post game workout.

They kicked our ***, he said. They have pretty much dominated us in two games. "Needs to get better".

http://www.sun-senti...57.story?page=1

Introducing the new Miami Heat shot clock. Now with 20% less cheese.runaway.gif

#3 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

our defensive rating was 96.5 or was that a typo?

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#4 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Fair to say that that rump-roasting was an eye-opener for MIAMI.I hope LEBRON,WADE,&BOSH decide to take this personal and start assaulting MIAMI's opposition going forward...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#5 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,142 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Knicks have a really deep team. I'm not surprised they won but I am surprised that it was a blowout.

#6 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

39 yr old Kidd > 30 yr old Wade

Only positive aside from LeBron I've seen is Haslem playing with lots of energy when injured compared to his lethargic self when healthy

#7 HM_Heat

HM_Heat

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMiramar, Florida

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Every player on the Knicks played great, I mean everyone...The odds of that happening again are slim.

I'm not worried about the Knicks. Bosh had an off-game but that happens now and then. I am WORRIED ABOUT D WADE. What is going on with him? The Heat will not win the title this year if this is the way he going to perform. For our sake I hope he is still recovering from knee surgery and it's not age.

#8 big3boi

big3boi

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Bad game all around . what is going on with wade he was breaking people's ankles and spreading the defense out and then clanging every single shot off the front of the rim c'mon man even i could make the shots that he was missing. Bosh shot the ball poorly, but i kinda guess he made up for it with his free throw's. Lebron played a monster game he was a beast nailing every single shot attempt, at least that what it felt like. He passed the ball great to joel anthony who played good offense, but extremely poor defense. Also i loved lebron's crazy dunk where he drove in and slammed it down one handed, even chandler moved out of the way when lebron exploded to the rim. Oh and ray allen couldn't make consecutive three's that would have kept miami closer.

#9 Lorenzoac7

Lorenzoac7

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Let these past two games be a lesson to the conformists. You can't just brush off close wins against inferior teams as "A win is a win," or the loss as "just one loss." The reason is simple, the same issues keep popping up. It's not just a game where Miami just can't hit a shot, or can't do this. No, it's the same. They can't defend, and they're giving up way too many threes, etc, etc.
Posted Image

#10 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

our defensive rating was 96.5 or was that a typo?

Big typo. I was moving too fast last night. Fixed now.

#11 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Just some food for thought: the Knicks made seven unassisted threes last night. That ties the high mark of the last three and a half seasons. The league average per game is one. The Knicks had been averaging two a game. Yes, the Knicks outplayed the HEAT, but that shooting performance is a big, big, big outlier.

#12 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,479 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Although the Knicks are a greatly improved team this year, I just don't see them keeping this hot shooting up for the next 5 months of the season and going into the playoffs. Playoff basketball and December basketball are two different games.
Posted Image

#13 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I expect the HEAT to bounce back in a major way.If the lost to the Wizards didn't wake MIAMI up,I assure you all that this one did...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#14 Lorenzoac7

Lorenzoac7

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Just some food for thought: the Knicks made seven unassisted threes last night. That ties the high mark of the last three and a half seasons. The league average per game is one. The Knicks had been averaging two a game. Yes, the Knicks outplayed the HEAT, but that shooting performance is a big, big, big outlier.

The problem is that it seems like every performance against the Heat is an outlier. Mediocre players that can barely get PT, some play the heat and have career nights. Teams that can't stay with teams and definitely can't win games play Miami and play down to the wire. Is this a coincidence? An outlier? Maybe it is, maybe it's not, and if it is, WHY is this happening? Well, when you play bad, careless, and disinterested, outliers tend to happen on you, and it has happened way too often this season to just shrug it off, or as LeBron put it "Put under the rug."
Posted Image

#15 KNICKS_RULE_HEAT

KNICKS_RULE_HEAT

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Offensive Rating: 96.5; Defensive Rating: 117.4 LOL!!!!!!!! Delusional. Time to get off the bandwagon and go back to the days of not so long ago of empty seats in Miami.

#16 Lorenzoac7

Lorenzoac7

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Offensive Rating: 96.5; Defensive Rating: 117.4 LOL!!!!!!!! Delusional. Time to get off the bandwagon and go back to the days of not so long ago of empty seats in Miami.

Last time I checked the Heat had more championships in the last 11 years than the Knicks have playoff wins. The knicks also have the same amount of playoff series wins as the Bobcats in that span--zero. I understand why you're proud of beating a struggling team. Mediocrity for so long does that to ya :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#17 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,479 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I knew it was a matter of time before one of you ventured over here. Its cute how you guys already deem yourselves champions after 2 wins vs us. Granted you dominated us but you're delusional if you think we were the same team from April. Just remember championships arent won in December but in in June. Tell it to the Celtics and Bulls. They know best. So enjoy the little bragging rights for now but just remember that come April, This Heat team now wont be anywhere as similar. And pray that y'all hot shooting and 12-15 3pointers a game will hold up the rest of the season and into the post season

And oh, how many champions yall have in the last 20 years? Then ask yourself how many Miami has in the last 6

Word of advice, its not worth it to troll this early in the season dude. The season is long and its only been 1 month in. It will bite you in the ***.
Posted Image

#18 stephenk24

stephenk24

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLondon England

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Just gotta wait for the playoffs. That's when it counts....
British born and raised, Heat fan since 2007.

- Saw the Heat lose to the Nets at the O2 Arena in London during the 2008 NBA Europe Live Tour (top 3 night of my life)
- Saw Lebron James play Argentina as part of the "new" Dream Team during the London 2012 Olympics

Heat fan: Verb - To turn up halfway through the first quarter of a basketball game and leave halfway through the fourth. "I think I'm going to Heat fan tonight."