Photo

A Lebron ring in Cleveland would of meant more than 3 rings in Miami.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#41 @CPw0rld

@CPw0rld

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well you just don't see Kobe, Jordan, or Magic jumping team to team like Lebron to join another champion like Wade is all I was saying.

It is cute...since Lebron and Wade are bests of buddies...but aside from the cuteness and from a competitive standpoint...it's something that the all time greats like Kobe, Jordan, Magic, or Bird didn't have to do. Staying with one team, and winning with that team even if you don't win right away makes it special.

Are you serious??? Wow Check the rosters of every championship team I guarantee you will find at least two stars.

#42 john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
  • Locationuranus

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

kobe does not really impress me.... 3 titles as a sidekick to the most dominant big man ever, 2 titles with so so finals performances - finals mvps by default on being team captain and gasol turned out to be the most important player in those series.

nah, kobe is a great player, but he can only dream of having compelling finals/playoffs performances put on by the likes of mj, bird, magic, shaq, duncan, hakeem, wade and lebron for that matter.
Posted Image
- i am in heat -

#43 Lakers

Lakers

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

No, kobe, magic and jordan stuck with their team. Even when kobe had smush parker etc. he still stuck it out with the lakers when they were not winning. jordan also stuck it out when he was not winning before phil came. I do not think jordan or kobe would ever think of joining wade just because they were not winning rings.
"81 points isn't some NBA 2K record, this is real life goat stuff"
- Lakers

#44 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

No, kobe, magic and jordan stuck with their team. Even when kobe had smush parker etc. he still stuck it out with the lakers when they were not winning. jordan also stuck it out when he was not winning before phil came. I do not think jordan or kobe would ever think of joining wade just because they were not winning rings.

Sorry who drafted Kobe ? So please

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#45 Heat.com

Heat.com

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Laker fans forget Kobe demanded to be traded on two seperate occasions lol that's worse than signing elsewhere as a free agent.
SIGNATURE REMOVED
Reduce image size.

#46 john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

john 3 1 6 teamjohndillinger

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
  • Locationuranus

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I can't really put kobe in the same sentence as magic and Jordan - kobe never had ANY dominant finals performance. I can't really recall any compelling series.... sorry.... but magic put on a show on his rookie year, and Jordan was just phenomenal. I would put kobe on the same level as Chauncey billups - heck, even tony parker made a more impressive finals show than kobe can ever dream of. those other guys, hakeem, shaq, Duncan, bird, jabbar - they all left a mark on a finals series worth remembering.... kobe has long been pampered by being just a laker, the best nba franchise... but as a playoff performer.... nah, not so much.
Posted Image
- i am in heat -

#47 Lakers

Lakers

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Laker fans forget Kobe demanded to be traded on two seperate occasions lol that's worse than signing elsewhere as a free agent.

No. That is just business and kobe trying to get the most money he can. "The Decision" by Lebron and using kids as charity cases for the basis behind it was grotesque and one of the biggest disgraces in sports history.
- Lakers

#48 z3rOoOo

z3rOoOo

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

No. That is just business and kobe trying to get the most money he can. "The Decision" by Lebron and using kids as charity cases for the basis behind it was grotesque and one of the biggest disgraces in sports history.

Which is more disgracefull in the history of sports? LeBron Leaving Cleveland or Kobe raping a girl?

"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often an illusion" - Michael Jordan

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2251475/lebronkingjam.gif

#49 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,184 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Which is more disgracefull in the history of sports? LeBron Leaving Cleveland or Kobe raping a girl?

lol Everybody with sense knows Kobe didn't rape that woman. She was just trying to get paid like most women do with athletes.

#50 Leonhart

Leonhart

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Well you just don't see Kobe, Jordan, or Magic jumping team to team like Lebron to join another champion like Wade is all I was saying.

It is cute...since Lebron and Wade are bests of buddies...but aside from the cuteness and from a competitive standpoint...it's something that the all time greats like Kobe, Jordan, Magic, or Bird didn't have to do. Staying with one team, and winning with that team even if you don't win right away makes it special.

Ok, I've responded to several of your posts already and I've given good arguments to shut down yours, but you don't seem to understand. It appears you don't want to, or maybe, and I certainly hope not, you can't, because your genes don't allow you to.
So I will give you another argument, and make it as simple and short as I can, so that maybe you are able to digest it.
Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and many other greats that in your poor mind are separated eternally from LeBron James because of this "staying on one team without joining other superstars" cause, ALL EVENTUALLY JOINED SUPERSTARS, IF NOT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. The difference is, their organizations made it easier for them, in the sense that they didn't f*** everything up so bad so that their superstars began to feel the urge to leave, and BROUGHT THEM OTHER SUPERSTARS FROM OTHER TEAMS TO JOIN THEIR OWN. That is the main difference, the compromise and intelligence of the organization. None of those players' teams was as bad as the one LeBron landed on (not to mention it's disgusting history in sports). As a matter of fact, 3 of those 4 players I named practically landed on sports mecas, full of history of winning. And to add weight to that, when they sensed the need for it, or even before they even got to that point, they made good decisions and got huge pieces to add to their own superstars. Let's see. Michael: Scottie (superstar), Rodman (champion). Kobe: Shaq (superstar), Horry (champion). Magic: Kareem (champion), Worthy (superstar). Larry: McHale (superstar), Parish (star), Ainge (star).
So basically, every one of those players ended up having an incredible, championship caliber team, that eventually brought them their due chapionships. F***, the one who longest had to wait for that team to assemble was MJ himself, and he DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT AS LONG AS LEBRON. Oh, and you know who had to wait the shortest? That's right, your boy Kobe. Another interesting fact, out of all these players, he was the only one who was the Robin on his team.
So, LeBron waited forever for Cleveland to do something to help him win a championship, and nothing came. The best player on his team apart from him was Varejao. VAREJAO. MJ waited long also, but the Bulls organization got him the pieces he needed.
The question isn't why LeBron left his "hometown" to join another superstar, the question is: why the f*** on earth wouldn't he???

Also true, and I said this on an earlier post of mine on this thread. So much for your "loyal" Kobe huh?
"Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's truly about the game, and in some ways that's about life too." -Michael Jordan
Posted Image

#51 Lakers

Lakers

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:14 AM

You have to admit it is more special when you do not have to go from team to team to team like lebron just to get one ring. Lebron got his ring. But in the end...it is a hollow ring victory.

Sports teams in cleveland never won a championship. Lebron could have broke that curse. That is another reason why one ring in cleveland could have really brought lebron in the goat conversation. But now he will need at least 6 more rings to pass mj and 7 more rings to pass kobe as goat. Lebron made it harder on himself.
- Lakers

#52 Leonhart

Leonhart

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

No, I don't admit anything, and everything you just said is inaccurate. It is not more special when you win a ring staying on one team, it's just a fortunate concatenation of events. Obviously, there's merit to the player's loyalty, but that is not always the case, and sometimes situations take place behind the scenes that we are not always aware of, or later prefer to forget (Kobe demanding to be traded, for example). I do value someone like Reggie Miller, who stayed his whole career in Indiana, sometimes in the midst of hopeless situations, and being ever loyal to his team. I heard that once a fan burned his house down after he missed a game winning shot, and he still stayed in Indiana. He was also offered MJ's spot in Chicago when he retired for the first time, but he turned that down as well. That is all impressive, but as we all know Reggie is now ringless, and he must ask himself now and then what he could've been had he changed teams and won a ring.
LeBron's ring is not a hollow victory, it's a championship, fair and square, and people like you who deliberately intend to reduce it are people who deep down are scared of what LeBron is and what he can eventually be, and the menace that he represents to Kobe or Michael.
LeBron winning a championship in Cleveland would not have positioned him even a hair's distance ahead in the GOAT conversation than having won it in Miami. Winning a championship in a specific city is not a cause for greatness, winning a championship alone is. All it would've done was moving him more in favor of the Cleveland audience and maybe the worldwide audience. And even if greatness were measured on rings alone, as it is not (why would MJ be better than Russell then?), what you said would also be untrue, because he would need 5 more to pass Kobe, and 6 more to pass Michael. But I assure you that if LeBron equals Kobe in rings, or even so much as comes close, he will probably be considered the better player in the end anyhow.
"Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's truly about the game, and in some ways that's about life too." -Michael Jordan
Posted Image

#53 Lakers

Lakers

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

I wouldn't doubt Lebron gets more rings if he keeps up the team hopping. Maybe he'll join Garnett and Pierce next.
- Lakers

#54 z3rOoOo

z3rOoOo

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

lol Everybody with sense knows Kobe didn't rape that woman. She was just trying to get paid like most women do with athletes.

How'd u know? U mean you were there when that happened?

"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often an illusion" - Michael Jordan

#55 z3rOoOo

z3rOoOo

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

You have to admit it is more special when you do not have to go from team to team to team like lebron just to get one ring. Lebron got his ring. But in the end...it is a hollow ring victory.

Sports teams in cleveland never won a championship. Lebron could have broke that curse. That is another reason why one ring in cleveland could have really brought lebron in the goat conversation. But now he will need at least 6 more rings to pass mj and 7 more rings to pass kobe as goat. Lebron made it harder on himself.

Bitterness at its best.. Let go.. Stop cryin.. Even the cleveland owner has already moved on after claiming cleveland will win a championship before miami does..

#56 Lakers

Lakers

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

It is what it is. Heck, from reports, looks like Lebron agrees, and would even consider going back to the Cavs according to a recent article. That would be crazy.
- Lakers

#57 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

It is what it is. Heck, from reports, looks like Lebron agrees, and would even consider going back to the Cavs according to a recent article. That would be crazy.

This Nolio?
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#58 Lakers

Lakers

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

It is something that will haunt lebron for the rest of his life. He had a team with the best record...went to the finals and choked. People make the excuse that the cavs were not a good team but they were a good team chemistry wise and had the best record.
- Lakers

#59 bigdog1002

bigdog1002

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

It is something that will haunt lebron for the rest of his life. He had a team with the best record...went to the finals and choked. People make the excuse that the cavs were not a good team but they were a good team chemistry wise and had the best record.

You don't watch basketball. You watch Sportscenter. That's the only explanation for the stupid things you post. Cleveland could've played the Spurs 10 times and they still wouldn't have won 4. LeBron is the only player on that team that could've gotten minutes for the Spurs. Maybe Varajaeo off their bench for defense, rebounding and energy.

And just so you know, the year they went to the Finals, they DID NOT have the best record in the league. They weren't even the #1 seed in the East. That was Detroit.

#60 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

It's okay, he won't be coming back now.

When Kobe went down, that Laker troll crawled back into his pit of despair and starting licking rocks again for precipitation.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)