Photo

Thunder at HEAT Official Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Oklahoma City Thunder Previews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
428 replies to this topic

#421 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,445 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

yall know what a must win game is?

an elimination game. thats about it.

Sadly, everyone doesn't get it
Posted Image

#422 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Sadly, everyone doesn't get it

You are the first on that list... SMH

3 stats but no one of you had an argument against

Miami Arena :

attendance 20,300, Heat say largest crowd EVER in building,playoffs or regular season.

National TV : Generated a 6.0 overnight rating, making it the fourth highest-rated NBA regular-season game EVER on ABC.

Local Audience : Delivered a 15.9 rating in Miami, which is the highest-rated NBA regular-season game on ABC ever in the market.

So sorry if i have faith on my team and if i expect them to win.

No matter what you said there are games during the regular season that count as a must win game for the players, for the coachs, the fans and the medias...

And no not every game is a must win game but SOME ! And no the world wont end the day after and neither during the playoffs.

There is some contract between the coach and the players to say ok guys tomorrow we have to win that game. I mean its very common to use that method to check the schedule and pick game to test the team, the system, the rotations etc, i mean if you are a real competitor, it gives a bit more of motivation

Another example :

From the Nets owner perspective :

Listen Avery you have 2 games to get that team working now.

So for the coach Avery Johnson will he say :

AHAHAHA OWNER THERE IS NO MUST WIN GAME DURING THE REGULAR SEASON, WHAT DO YOU SMOKE ?

And AGAIN, i never said a team must win every single game during the regular season but there are SOME

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#423 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

do you know what stakes are?

If you go up to someone in the street and say "give me your wallet". The person asks you "or you'll do what?"

Now if you say "ill shoot you in the face", there are stakes. He MUST give you his wallet.

But if you say "ill write bad things about you in my blog", those arent high enough stakes. He doesnt HAVE to give you his wallet. He can, but it's not the end of the world if he doesnt.

now for avery, you can say they were must win games for him. Because there is a chance he would be eliminated. but the nets could right now go on a 10 game winning streak and look awesome. Would people be saying "oh but what about that must win game they lost?", no, no one would remember that "have to win game or cthulu would arise and rule the world" game because it didnt mean anything.

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#424 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Of course they will remember because they will say the owner made the right choice and now the team is playing well.

Players who are eliminated during the playoffs, most of them will be back in the NBA the following year no matter what the result is?
You see the world wont end after that loss and the fans will be back the next year in the arena, forums etc...

Following your statement there is no must win, i simply disagree with that

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#425 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

derp

KxKMltE.gif

#426 Heat.com

Heat.com

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Gotta agree at least SOME regular season games are must win, depending on the conference there's at least 45-50 must win games. Otherwise you don't make the playoffs.

Some teams have to play their way into the playoffs, 5 games left in the season and you're in the 8th, 9thor 10th spot, nearly all of those are must wins or you don't make the show at all.

We won 15 games one year, I guess we figured the other 67 games weren't must wins cause we were a sure thing for the playoffs no matter our record ;)
SIGNATURE REMOVED
Reduce image size.

#427 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Gotta agree at least SOME regular season games are must win, depending on the conference there's at least 45-50 must win games. Otherwise you don't make the playoffs.

Some teams have to play their way into the playoffs, 5 games left in the season and you're in the 8th, 9thor 10th spot, nearly all of those are must wins or you don't make the show at all.

We won 15 games one year, I guess we figured the other 67 games weren't must wins cause we were a sure thing for the playoffs no matter our record ;)

those games are must wins because if they dont win theres a chance they get eliminated.

the 20th game of the season is not a must win

KxKMltE.gif

#428 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

derp

KxKMltE.gif

#429 Heat.com

Heat.com

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Not for a team with our record. For the Wizards it is.

Derp.
SIGNATURE REMOVED
Reduce image size.