Photo

HEAT at Bobcats Official Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Charlotte Bobcats Previews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Kent Smith)

The Miami HEAT take on the Charlotte Bobcats in Charlotte tonight on the second night of a back-to-back. The HEAT enter with a record of 19-6 and atop the Eastern Conference. The Bobcats are 7-20. Tip off is set for 7 PM; coverage on Sun Sports starts at 6:30 PM.

1. Ah, the day after a big, marquee game. Is this really a trap game?

Couper Moorhead: There’s something to the idea of a trap game, but it’s nothing you could ever really prove. It’s probably more of our own confirmation bias coming into play whenever a team looks a little worn down against an opponent they should play better than. It’s going to be the second night of a back-to-back and as Erik Spoelstra likes to point out, nobody is going to lay down for Miami.

Danny Martinez: Sure. I think there’s some aspects that can be a trap. The Christmas Day game was a high-energy affair. A lot of the HEAT’s top players played big minutes. So there may be some physical fatigue. Mentally, the HEAT may relax a bit because the Bobcats don’t lead their conference like the Thunder do. If trap games are a real thing, this probably fits the bilk.

2. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is ___?

Couper: One of my favorite players to watch in the entire league. MKG is far from a polished product, but theirs is something mysteriously alluring about his game. Actually, it’s not mysterious at all: he just plays harder than most people he is playing against. There aren’t many defenders that have both the size, speed and motor to defend two or three places at once, but Kidd-Gilchrist is definitely one of them, able to close out on one shooter and then beat the pass to the next shooter about 15 feet away and prevent any type of shot. He’s really incredible to watch.

Danny: Fun. I like players like Kidd-Gilchrist. He’s all out, all the time and has arms that go on for miles and miles. He’s the youngest player in the NBA and has shown already that he clearly belongs. Not much of Kidd-Gilchrist’s offensive game is polished, but it is still efficient. Defensively, he already has stretches where he’s a terror. MKG is fun.

3. If the HEAT relax on defense, who is going to hurt them?

Couper: If the HEAT relax, it will probably be a combination of players, much like in the Wizards game. Kemba Walker and Ben Gordon have been their biggest perimeter threats as of late, but neither is the type of player that can consistently manipulate a defense slow in its rotations. Losing Gordon off the ball might be an issue, but there’s no clear exploit for the Bobcats other than Kidd-Gilchrist wreaking havoc.

Danny: It would stand to reason that the hurt will be inflicted from behind the arc. The guy that stands out to me is Ben Gordon. Gordon has done it before to the HEAT and can get extremely hot from the outside. If he gets it going early, Gordon can score 20+.

4. Sticking with defense, was the Oklahoma City game the best defense of the season?

Couper: Probably. Miami has had better defensive numbers, but not against such a lethal offense – especially considering how they’ve played against the Knicks and all the players that sat when they played the Spurs. Just about everyone was defending like it was the playoffs on Christmas Day, and if that isn’t a sign that the HEAT have been capable of turning on their elite defense, I don’t know what is. It’s been a gradual process of cleaning up various aspects of the defense, but Miami has always been capable of blitzkrieg. We might not see it against Charlotte, but they might not need it, either.

Danny: Considering the opponent, yes. The Thunder have the top offense in the NBA and two of the most dynamic players in the league. There are no breaks or possessions off. The HEAT were active and engaged from the tip. The Thunder didn’t seem to get very many clean, open looks. Also, the HEAT were able to force 17 turnovers. Those change of possessions are extremely valuable and their coming in bunches these days.

5. What do the HEAT need to work on at this point in the season?

Couper: Consistency. I don’t expect the HEAT to be as active as they were against the Thunder every single night, especially in January and February, but they have to consistently be better than they were for most of November, when mental mistakes plagued their first halves. As long as this team prevents itself from falling into any ruts, there aren’t any glaring flaws that need extra attention.

Danny: I don’t see any real weaknesses to this point. The defense has been very good recently and the offense is still elite. I think if you asked players and coaches this question you’d get a lot of answers that included the word “consistency.” The HEAT haven’t been perfect, but the last ten games or so are the way they want to play night in and night out. There will be bumps in January and February, but the hope is that the effort is always there.

#2 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Well it's a great introduction of game B)

However, i think EGPT made a good work last season (its killing me to say it) last
It could be interesting to have a mix between both contribution. I would like to see you know the line up with the pictures of the player etc etc... (It was just an example)

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#3 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yeah, dunno where Egypt ran off to...

Maybe with Bibby out of the NBA, she lost her will to watch baske4tball? lol

Anyways, I don't believe in trap games. the heat shouldn't take any team lightly. Before they won, teams wanted to beat them to make a statement. Now that they are the champs, that desire is still the same. Everyone wants to beat the HEAT.

Bring it on MJ!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#4 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Dont sleep on the Bobcats lol.
Posted Image

#5 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Thank you LeBron to respond by a tomahawk after that embarrasing block on ALMARIO CHALMERS

For sure he is consistent on silly play

#6 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Wade with the block! Weeeeeeeeeee

#7 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Probably gonna skip this game cause it obvious Charlotte Pussies gonna get pounded real hard

#8 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Is anyone going to do anything but LeBron?

#9 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

i am waiting for the Chalmers homers talking about being consistent...

#10 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME! OMG WE CAN'T LOSE, OR THE WORLD MIGHT END!

#11 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME! OMG WE CAN'T LOSE, OR THE WORLD MIGHT END!

it just shows how irrelevant you are, poor little kid !

#12 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

LeBron missed a dunk! Weird.

Nice move Bosh.

#13 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Is anyone going to do anything but LeBron?

LeBron 1 man wrecking crew.... I guess I will watch it then <_<

#14 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Poor Bobcat kids

#15 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

OOOH a Rare Sight... Female Ref

#16 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I really wish Wade would stop pump faking when he has an open shot smh.

#17 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

nolio :

I can barely stand to watch HEAT games since Lebron came to the team. I hate him, I hate his bandwagon fans and I hate how the culture of the team went from being a hard nosed blue collar group to Hollywood divas. That is all.

Man that game speaks volume about LeBron

#18 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

LeBron already has 4 steals, maybe he can get a quadruple double!

#19 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

LeBron aiming for the elusive Quadruple-double? lol

He's got a lot of steals in the first. That would be awesome if he becomes...what the fifth player ever to get that in a game?

edit: 305 hahaha, we were thinking the same thing.

#20 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Nolio probably enjoys his 1st round exits like what Kobe without his elite bigs :lol: