Photo

Avery Johnson fired by the Nets

deron williams coach killer brooklyn jay-z nets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Avery Johnson Fired By Nets, Carlesimo Named Interim

Posted Image

The Brooklyn Nets have fired Avery Johnson.
The Nets have lost 10 of their last 13 games and are now 14-14 after an 11-4 start.
Deron Williams publicly expressed dissatisfaction with the Nets' offense last week.
Johnson was Eastern Conference Coach of the Month for November.
“The Nets ownership would like to express thanks to Avery for his efforts and to wish him every success in the future,” said Mikhail Prokhorov.
P.J. Carlesimo has been named interim head coach.

Source : Adrian Woknarowski from Yahoo Sports

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#2 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,150 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Yeah saw this and was like...hmmm. I do agree that the Nets should be much better than they are right now. But I don't think the move was really warranted. It seems like a panic move. But who knows, maybe there's more going on behind the scenes. Its not easy to build a team into a contender overnight.

#3 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

but they got a coach killer aka Deron Williams

i can see Stan Van Gundy taking the seat

#4 O-Dogg

O-Dogg

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

Deron Williams is suspect for that one....

ohhh but it's all Avery Johnson's fault that he's not being aggressive & defering to iso Joe
Signature Removed: Way too big

#5 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

I said from the get go that getting Joe Johnson was not the right move by them. They don't look that much better then the Nets of years past.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#6 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

The expectations were way too high. This wasn't going to be a great team no matter who the coach was....get rid of this foolish contender talk and the team doesn't look as bad. Why would anyone expect a team starting Lopez and Humphries to be able to defend anything?

Its being reported that ownership didn't like Avery tinkering with the lineup but I dunno what they expect. Hes a defense first guy and he can't find a lineup that can stop anyone when Lopez is on the floor. They don't have the personnel to make up for a minus defender.

#7 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

As a big Brooklyn Nets fan(Nets fan for life since 3rd grade) I will say I don't know if firing Avery was the right move. Yes expectations were high, but they were winning in the beginning and for the last few games things just didn't seem right(I watch them play every night so I see that). So I will say something needed to happen. I mean if you watch you can see they have the talent(no not on Knicks level, sorry Heat Fans, Heat might be in first, but I've been more impressed with Knicks then Heat, though in playoffs I'd want Heat to kill Knicks lol) but the Nets do got the talent to be better then the record

#8 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

but they got a coach killer aka Deron Williams

i can see Stan Van Gundy taking the seat

how is Deron a coach killer? Hey if he plays better because of it, good for him, players are human too. example lebron wanting to go team up with wade

#9 O-Dogg

O-Dogg

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

how is Deron a coach killer? Hey if he plays better because of it, good for him, players are human too. example lebron wanting to go team up with wade

Lebron teaming up w. Wade has nothing to do w. getting a coach fired just because a player gave up on his team the 2nd month into the season

you didnt see the Heat organization firinf Erik Spoelstra when they got off to a bad start

and how are you coach of the month last month then get fired the following month?

#10 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

They did the General dirty.
Posted Image

#11 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

you didnt see the Heat organization firinf Erik Spoelstra when they got off to a bad start

how are you coach of the month last month then get fired the following month?

In the other hand, Spo was put in place by Riley, no Avery with Billy King.

I think it was the right call because something needed to be done, he lost the respect of the locker room. It was him or Deron, the choice was easy to do

#12 O-Dogg

O-Dogg

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

In the other hand, Spo was put in place by Riley, no Avery with Billy King.

I think it was the right call because something needed to be done, he lost the respect of the locker room. It was him or Deron, the choice was easy to do

imo that was the easy way out....cause in actually I think that Deron Williams was starting to lose his confidence, Joe Johnson went back to his ATL days, & instead of pointing the finger at themselves they threw Avery Johnson under the bus

#13 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I agree with you but at the moment you cant trade Derron, what will you do ? i mean yes this is the easy way.
It's sad but the NBA is a business.

But that loss on the christmas day against the Celtics was very embarrassing. In the regular season despite all the haters, there are some games that you must win and for Coach Avery it was one !

I would like to see Stan Van Gundy coaching again

#14 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Still surprised Spo is the only coach that survived when the team sucked so bad

All other superteams fired their coach when shyit happens (Knicks, Lakers, now Nets lol)

#15 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

The problem is their team is a bunch of misfits. They have Deron whos better in a faster pace up tempo offense but they're running a super slow paced half court offense because of Lopez. They also have poor spacing with Crash and Humprhies who cant shoot and you need that next to Deron. To top it all off they're a bad defensive team with bad defensive players. Crash and Evans are the only good defensive players they have. Also it's time to admit that Deron is just massively overrated. I don't know how their was ever a conversation between him and CP3 for best PG. I think Sloan had a lot to do with Derons success.

#16 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Lebron teaming up w. Wade has nothing to do w. getting a coach fired just because a player gave up on his team the 2nd month into the season

and how are you coach of the month last month then get fired the following month?

Did I say, I was using Lebron as a example, as being human, just like Deron. Hope you blamed the Kobe and rest of Laker players when they fired there coach. And I hope if Heat ever fire Erik Spoelstra you'll blame the players rather then coach

#17 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Still surprised Spo is the only coach that survived when the team sucked so bad

All other superteams fired their coach when shyit happens (Knicks, Lakers, now Nets lol)

And where were the people blames players on the Lakers and Knicks when those coaches got fired. I don't remember that much hate for those firings. Heck even my dad who is a basketball fan and has been for many years and is usually right about basketball moves thinks Avery had to go so this is actually saying something never thought I'd heard my dad say that

#18 O-Dogg

O-Dogg

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Did I say, I was using Lebron as a example, as being human, just like Deron. Hope you blamed the Kobe and rest of Laker players when they fired there coach. And I hope if Heat ever fire Erik Spoelstra you'll blame the players rather then coach

it actually was Kobe fault Mike Brown got fired lol...but it was also of Mike Browns inability to make a system that fitted LA so that was just

but w. BK that was more of an effort thing on Brooklyns behalf cause at 1st they were winning...& when things got hard Deron Williams gave up & Joe Johnson went back to his old self...the ball is sposed to be in Deron Williams hands anyway cause he's the faciliator...if he don't like the offense that they're running he could've did something about it, cause a point guards job is to run the offense

& as long as Lebron is there to bail Spoelstra out he's never going to get fired

#19 Blazer Nation

Blazer Nation

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I feel kind of bad for Avery. He's a good coach. He'd probably be a good fit for Charlotte or Washington. Hopefully he finds another coaching gig.
Mario Chalmers for 3...Kaboom!!!!

#20 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,151 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

He can be a coach for us.

As an assistant. lol

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)