Photo

HEAT 85 - Bucks 104 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Milwaukee Bucks Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Gary Dineen)

The Miami HEAT dropped their consecutive game, losing 104-85 to the Milwaukee Bucks. The HEAT look to get back on the winning track Monday against the Orlando Magic.

Impact Performance of the Night: Larry Sanders, who didn’t play much in the first matchup, played extremely well tonight for the Bucks. He finished with 16 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks. When he was on the floor, the Bucks outscored the HEAT by 26 points. Often, individual game +/- can be misleading, but here it matches the eye test.

The Deciding Run: The HEAT held a 71-64 lead with two minutes left in the third quarter. The Bucks then went on a 14-0 tear and never looked back.

Play of the Game: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh all had numerous impressive dunks, but it wasn’t enough.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 89.9; Defensive Efficiency: 106.7

Trend to Watch: This is the second straight game in which the HEAT defense struggled. Against the Pistons it was lights-out three-point shooting that hurt the HEAT. Tonight, the Bucks punished the HEAT inside. Also, the HEAT turned the ball over 21 times. Ball protection will be something to watch the next few games.

The Takeaway: It’s hard to tell how to judge this game. It was the HEAT’s fourth game in five nights. The schedule hasn’t been kind this week and it looked as if all the travel may have taken its toll. The HEAT didn’t appear to have much energy in the fourth quarter, especially after clawing their way back into the game in the third quarter. The turnovers would also seem to indicate fatigue. There were certainly defensive lapses, but the HEAT are coming off a stretch of excellent defense. This two game stretch may just be a little bump in the road.

Notes: LeBron James finished with 26 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Dwyane Wade finished with 24 points, six rebounds and four assists. Chris Bosh scored 12 points and grabbed 16 rebounds. Udonis Haslem missed the game with a neck contusion.

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Coach SPO really needs to find a rotation that is productive while limiting LEBRON's minutes.I don't know what it is about my beloved HEAT but something seems off.MIAMI has tooooo much talent,too many shooters to be struggling in the fashion that they're struggling.Something has to change,and fast...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#3 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

1st Major Minutes for Jorts
What can I say about that.... the guy looks lost its like he never expected to be called out to play that night

What about Terrel Harris, he should get minutes and Spo can test him out due to Almario and Cole looking like cow dung against their speedy matchup

Next game against the very inexperienced Orlando Magic, it would be a great game to test Harris, Jorts and probably think about inserting Lewis to the lineup against his former team while RayRay takes some extended rest, Allen looks like some corpse out there in both defense and offense

#4 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:13 AM

Lucky, you can't really expect someone to automatically produce. I mean he's new with the team, Spo has him inactive on almost all nights and it's not easy. I think if Jorts had some consistent minutes, he'd be more comfortable and thus play better. His stretch with the Knicks last year wasn't a fluke, he can be a solid role player for us. Don't you think?

"Home of the 2006, 2012, & 2013 NBA titles. 27 Game Winning Streak. Wade-County. Zo. UD. Big Shot Bosh. Micky & Mr. Riley. And future league MVP James Ennis."

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#5 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

Still seeing teammates leaving Jorts to guard Monta and Jennings out in the perimeter is still some dumb decision either by the players themselves or coaching staff

He's a big guy, he should be at least mid range preparing for a rebound matching up either Larry Sanders or Majabooty

#6 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

It was good to win a game like this against the defending champs." -- Luc Richard Mbah a Moute

Still the word "rotation" were talking about since the big 3 assembled.

still 54 like playoffs games left for the Heat against 29 teams...

#7 JonathanClayRedick

JonathanClayRedick

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

You guys ready for me and my boys? We've had a bit of downers over the past few games but I think the Heat are the perfect practice team. We also have some free time so if you guys need your championship trophies polished, we could lend you the rooks. Mo and Drew need to get accustomed to holding those babies anyways so why not get a little practice on your bling, eh?

Threebombs are my weapon of choice

#8 Glen Davis

Glen Davis

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

You guys ready for me and my boys? We've had a bit of downers over the past few games but I think the Heat are the perfect practice team. We also have some free time so if you guys need your championship trophies polished, we could lend you the rooks. Mo and Drew need to get accustomed to holding those babies anyways so why not get a little practice on your bling, eh?

Nicholson >> Bosh

#9 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Impressive how the leads dissipate when Lebron is not on the court. And I do agree that the team misses him but it should not be this way, I mean there are still quality players on this team (Wade, Bosh, Allen, Chalmers, etc.) who should be able to maintain a lead. To me, this is partly the players' fault but also the coach's fault. It shows that Spo relies too much on Lebron to run his offense, and he has no plan B when Lebron is not on the court. Don't fool yourselves, Spo is still a mediocre coach with a fantastic team.

#10 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

Impressive how the leads dissipate when Lebron is not on the court. And I do agree that the team misses him but it should not be this way, I mean there are still quality players on this team (Wade, Bosh, Allen, Chalmers, etc.) who should be able to maintain a lead. To me, this is partly the players' fault but also the coach's fault. It shows that Spo relies too much on Lebron to run his offense, and he has no plan B when Lebron is not on the court. Don't fool yourselves, Spo is still a mediocre coach with a fantastic team.

Everybody relies on Lebron too much and it'll always be that way because of how good he is. So yeah the teams gonna look lost when he's not out there.
Posted Image

#11 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

He looked exhausted in that game.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#12 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

he played 45mn against the Pistons the night before.

When LeBron is on the bench, the offense is no longer working because of our point guard

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#13 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,840 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Everybody relies on Lebron too much and it'll always be that way because of how good he is. So yeah the teams gonna look lost when he's not out there.

But should it really be to this extent? And btw, what the f*** has happened to Allen over the last 10 games or so? Has he just lost it?

Did he ever go through a tough stretch like this with Boston? I think we need to use Allen more coming off screens, instead of just being another spot-up shooter. That way you can get mismatches on offense, and if they sleep on Allen, he can take the good shot (and make it, hopefully). What do you think?

#14 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

But should it really be to this extent? And btw, what the f*** has happened to Allen over the last 10 games or so? Has he just lost it?

Did he ever go through a tough stretch like this with Boston? I think we need to use Allen more coming off screens, instead of just being another spot-up shooter. That way you can get mismatches on offense, and if they sleep on Allen, he can take the good shot (and make it, hopefully). What do you think?

Yeah Allen's been in a slump as of late and it feels like forever since he's had a good game but I'm sure he'll get out of it soon. And yes he did have slumps in Boston that's what happens with shooters, you make a lot on a row and then miss a lot. Actually pretty much all of Rays season last year was one big shooting slump but he was also injured most of the year.

Miami should probly use him more off screens and stuff but as good as Ray is he's pretty much a spot up shooter now days. Also Miami offence is run so much around Lebron and Wade that everybody else in the offense is there to sit behind the 3 pt line and shoot it when they're open.
Posted Image

#15 Arron Agustin Afflalo

Arron Agustin Afflalo

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Nicholson >> Bosh Jordan

Posted Image

#16 JonathanClayRedick

JonathanClayRedick

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Drew is still polishing up his game, he promised me he'll be as good or better than Hakeem in just three years. Just depends on JV now. Harkless is the next GOAT too.

#17 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Just Jumpers Redick is in the house.
Posted Image

#18 JonathanClayRedick

JonathanClayRedick

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Just Jumpers Redick is in the house.

That's my ambition, my profession and my perfection. Your boy LeBron wishes he had my silky smooth stroke. And my hair.

#19 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

That's my ambition, my profession and my perfection. Your boy LeBron wishes he had my silky smooth stroke. And my hair.

Too bad LeBron isnt my boy. But, he and Wade have something you wish you had... and ultimately never will get. Thats a championship ring.
Posted Image

#20 JonathanClayRedick

JonathanClayRedick

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Too bad LeBron isnt my boy. But, he and Wade have something you wish you had... and ultimately never will get. Thats a championship ring.

Maybe Ron Artest Metta World Peace wins another one and sells it. I got the cash waiting.