Photo

Bulls at HEAT Official Game Thread and Preview

Chicago Bulls Miami HEAT Previews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT look to continue their winning ways when they take on the Chicago Bulls tonight at AmericanAirlines Arena. The HEAT are the top seed in the East with a record of 22-8. The Bulls are 17-13 and currently 5th in the East. Tip off is set for 8 PM; coverage on Sun Sports kicks off at 7:30 PM.

1. Is Tom Thibodeau the best defensive coach in the league?

Couper Moorhead: There isn’t much question about it right now, at least in terms of getting the same defense out of his team on a night-to-night basis. His style is the type that makes you concerned about him wearing thin on his players after a while, but Chicago has shown no signs of that yet and short of a lively Celtics defense (only when Kevin Garnett is on the floor) there is no team that would test Miami’s spacing more in the playoffs.

Danny Martinez: There isn’t any proof to the contrary at this point. The Bulls finished second to the Celtics the last two seasons in defensive efficiency and are fifth this season despite significant roster turnover and injuries. Who designed those Celtics defenses? Thibodeau. He’s a defensive mastermind who’s credentials speak for themselves.

2. Is Miami’s offense or defense more important in this game?

Couper: Chicago leads the league in mid-range jumpers and that likely isn’t going to change much regardless of how on-point the HEAT defense is, so it’s the offense. This is as true a test as Miami’s 2012-13 lineups have had this season, and it should give Erik Spoelstra plenty of practice fodder, regardless of result.

Danny: The Bulls offense has struggled all season to score efficiently. Unless something out of the ordinary occurs, that shouldn’t change against the HEAT. The offense is more important tonight. In the HEAT’s recent losses, they struggled to score for long stretches at a time. The Bulls defense won’t make things easy on the HEAT. It will be a good test to see whether the HEAT can continue to generate high quality shots that have been their staple so far this season.

3. Why is this Joakim Noah’s finest season?

Couper: Because his defense is better than ever. He’s shooting more than ever and making less than half his shots, but there have been shades of Kevin Garnett is his defense this year that we haven’t quite seen before. He’s also become more of a focal part of the offense with Rose out, and an assist-percentage of almost 20 percent is incredibly impressive for a big man. This is the type of center you can build around in today’s NBA.

Danny: I’m not so sure that it is. His defense has been exceptional and it is a big, big reason why the Bulls are winning games, but this campaign probably doesn’t match last season’s. While Noah’s assist numbers are up in Rose’s absence, his turnovers are way up, his efficiency is down and his rebounding has slipped. Don’t get me wrong; Noah is still playing at an all-star level. I just think that he’s he had a better season a year ago.

4. Does this game matter much to you, considering the continued absence of Derrick Rose?

Couper: Actually, it does, but only as much as a regular season game will ever matter to me. Rose will no doubt change this team’s identity and if he is even 75 percent of his former self until summer, they can win multiple playoff series behind the defense. For now, I just want to see if Miami can generate its usual spacing and open looks against an elite defense – the same defense that will be there regardless of Rose’s presence. I don’t particularly care who wins, from the Miami perspective, only that – being boring old me – they can get to their process, and forgive the Spoism, their identity.

Danny: There haven’t been many dull HEAT-Bulls games the last two seasons, so I’m looking forward to the matchup. The Bulls will have a say in the Eastern Conference playoffs when Rose gets healthy, so it will be nice to get a read on how the HEAT matchup with them now. The game won’t mean much once April and May roll around, but it’s always nice to have a progress report like this a third of the way into the season.

#2 King of The Roads

King of The Roads

Rotation Player

• Administrators
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Even though Joakim is a beast and Thibs is one of the best at his job, I would love if the Bulls lost by 37 or more this evening. I would be very happy.
"Then '96 came...."

#3 King of The Roads

King of The Roads

Rotation Player

• Administrators
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

What does Donnie think about tonight's matchup?
"Then '96 came...."

#4 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

MIAMI needs to start instilling fear into their opponents,tonight is a good time to start...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#5 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Fear? No one is going to fear us until the playoffs.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#6 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,116 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm just looking for a solid collective rebounding effort, and for us to swing the ball on offense as usual. Main priority: Protect the paint and don't allow the Bulls to win the game from beyond the arc. They're not a great offensive team.

#7 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Fear? No one is going to fear us until the playoffs.

And if MIAMI don't start dominating a few of these team,teams won't fear them then either.Gotta put a little doubt in their minds during the regular season,then scare the hell out of them in the playoffs...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#8 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Cool, if they don't fear us, then they will get cocky and get blasted by us when we start playing for real.

#9 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

I feel ya,as long as the end results is those 16 wins in the post-season...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#10 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Why does Spo wanna play an injured LeBron , Dat Filapayno Slave Driver

He probably want the guy get injured like what Tibado did to D-Rose in the playoffs

#11 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Perhaps its LeBron more then Spo. He does kinda have this sorta streak like thing he is trying to keep going.

#12 SCIENTIST SPO

SCIENTIST SPO

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,284 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

LINK FOR CHAT http://fans.heat.nba...ndex.php?/chat/

#13 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

10-0 run to end the 2nd qtr,not good;not to mention getting killed on the boards.Let's see if MIAMI can play better...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#14 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Someone cover this scrub boozer please.

#15 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Man the **** up Bosh. So soft on the boards.

#16 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

20-10 on the boards and they have 10 2nd chance points already. We desperately need a glass eater.

#17 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Chicago's scrubs going off.

#18 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,116 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I can't express in words how much I hate this Bulls team, especially their "We just won the championship b***es!!" attitude after every play. They over-celebrate for everything it seems. But give them credit, they outhustle anybody. Still hate their guts though.

#19 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Riley has to get a defensive rebounding big man. Our rebounding is absolutely atrocious. Also the fact that were giving up points so easy to the Bulls terrible offense is embarrassing. This team has major problems that are no longer just coasting issues. The defense has dropped off huge and the rebounding as well. The only reason we're winning games is because our offense is great.

#20 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

These refs ***ing blow. There letting Chicago camp in the paint for like 5 seconds.