Photo

HEAT 97 - Jazz 104 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Utah Jazz Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Melissa Majchrzak)

The Miami HEAT fell behind early and was unable to recove against the Utah Jazz, losing 104-97. The HEAT are now 1-3 on the six game road trip. Up next, the HEAT travel to Oakland to take on the Golden State Warriors Wednesday night.

Impact Performance of the Night: Al Jefferson led the Jazz to victory behind 23 points and 11 rebounds, four of which were offensive. Jefferson hit jumpers and got to the line at will. His performance was excellent. Honorable mention goes to Gordon Hayward who scored 22 points off the bench.

The Deciding Run: The HEAT battled back from a 18-point deficit to cut the Jazz lead to two with 3:31 left in the game. But from that point forward, the HEAT were outscored 11-6, dropping the game 104-97.

Play of the Game: The Utah Jazz struggled in the fourth quarter, but Gordon Hayward drained two big shots, a three and a two, to stymie HEAT runs. They halted the HEAT momentum and gave the Jazz the cushion they needed to win the game. The big shots from Hayward are most certainly deserving of the play(s) of the game.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 108.9; Defensive Efficiency: 113.9

Trend to Watch: The HEAT used some uncommon lineups against the Jazz, especially in the second half. Coach Spoelstra is using this road trip to look at some new combinations. Going forward, it’ll be interesting to see what works and what doesn’t. Tonight, Rashard Lewis came off the bench and played well while flanked by Joel Anthony and LeBron James in the frontcourt. The HEAT have a lot of players who can make significant contributions. Finding the right combinations will be important as the season goes on.

The Takeaway: The HEAT dug themselves a big whole that they couldn’t climb out of. Eight first half turnovers and a hot shooting start by the Jazz did the HEAT in. The fourth quarter, was encouraging. The HEAT fought back and made things interesting. Like the Indiana and Portland games, the result wasn’t great, but the film will give the HEAT little things to work on. Utah has been a tough place to play for the HEAT over the years, and tonight was no different.

Notes: LeBron James led the HEAT with 32 points, six assists, four rebounds, three steals and two blocks. Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen combined for 23 points off of the bench. James Jones and Dexter Pittman were inactive. Shane Battier sat out while recovering from injury.

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 bone_fletcher57

bone_fletcher57

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationPHILIPPINES

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

R E B O U N D !!

#3 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Miami Heat helped Utah Jazz get 1 win to cocckblock the Lakers in the playoff race
Probably also the reason why they lost to Portland <_<

8th and 9th seed needs every win they can get

#4 Agent 006

Agent 006

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Heat have no heart. Some of them at the very least don't care. Body language when there is a rebound tells it all.

Afraid - Afraid - Afraid

#5 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Heat have no heart. Some of them at the very least don't care. Body language when there is a rebound tells it all.

Afraid - Afraid - Afraid

Posted Image

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#6 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! OH MY!

Is this what you meant by AFRAID?
Posted Image

#7 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! OH MY!

Is this what you meant by AFRAID?

Posted Image

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#8 Agent 006

Agent 006

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

More like "Rebounding", Utah, Bulls, Knicks. No matter how much ya'll want to cover your eyes and ears...that ain't gonna make it go away.

#9 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Posted Image

Lmao haha
Posted Image

#10 Afroman86

Afroman86

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Miami Heat helped Utah Jazz get 1 win to cocckblock the Lakers in the playoff race
Probably also the reason why they lost to Portland <_<

8th and 9th seed needs every win they can get

Thank you. Thank you thank you MIA HEAT......if that is the reason then I am glad. I just hate to see LA FAKERS in playoff this season. That LA FAKERS win against the lowly CAVS has caused their fans to have orgasms which has given them hope of reaching the 8th seed. I hate KO-ME CRYANT and the LA FAKERS. I am rooting for every team playing against them even teams I hate......lol. I followed FAKERS games religiously just to watch them lose. Now I am starting to be concerned man. They could be on a winning streak the next few games and might BEAT the MIA HEAT. There is no telling. :ph34r: :ph34r: :unsure: :unsure:

#11 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Somebody get this guy laid. He's way too high strung.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)