Photo

HEAT at Warriors Official Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Golden State Warriors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Ezra Shaw)

The Miami HEAT are in Oakland tonight, taking on the Golden State Warriors. Both teams are looking to bounce back from three losses in their last four games. Tip off is set for 10:30 PM; coverage on Sun Sports kicks off at 10 PM.

1. The Warriors have dropped three of their last four, just like the HEAT. Who has had the more troubling stretch?

Couper Moorhead: Neither, really. The Warriors are in the midst of an absolutely brutal stretch of games and those three losses have been to the Clippers, Grizzlies and Nuggets, while the HEAT are on a long road trip and haven’t exactly been giving games away. Miami loses games in January the same way they were losing games in November and until a real and unfixable flaw presents itself, there’s no cause to push the panic button. The Warriors don’t have the same performance history to lean on, but you can’t hold it against a team just because they’re playing some of the best teams in the league. If there is a time to be concerned about Golden State, it would be after this stretch when you would naturally expect them to win a few more games.

Danny Martinez: I don’t think either stretch is all that troubling, but if I had to pick I’d go with the Warriors’. That’s not for any reason other than playoff seeding. They’re right behind the Grizzlies for fourth in the West, which would give them homecourt in the first round. Any time they can make up ground on the Grizzlies, they need to. But, not that’s not how things have gone, and really, it’s not that big of a deal.

2. The narrative continues to focus on rebounding, but is that really the main issue of late?

Couper: A few months ago all anyone wanted to talk about was the HEAT’s three-point defense, but opponents have actually shot better from downtown since December 1st, which marks a bigger change than the one in Miami’s actual defensive rebounding percentage. The point is not that one thing is worse than the other, but that defense, particularly Miami’s system, is about a number of complex relationships between players and space. One of the few things that governs how those relationships play out is energy. As with all things, when you aren’t at your best your weaknesses will show up first, but those same weaknesses don’t necessarily show up when you play like your system demands. One thing is never the whole thing.

Danny: I don’t quite understand the line of thinking that drives us to the HEAT having one “main” issue. The tunnel vision limits our ability to analyze the team as a whole. As I touched on yesterday, with the rebounding we’re talking about fractions of a defensive rebound. Much ado about nothing as far as I’m concerned.

3. When Ray Allen and Steve Nash eventually retire, will Stephen Curry be the best shooter in the league?

Couper: It’s going to be a battle between Curry and Kevin Durant for years to come – full of 50-40-90 seasons – and we will all be privileged to watch it.

Danny: Kevin Durant will probably have a thing or two to say about that, but Curry is certainly in the discussion. When he’s healthy, he can fill it up from all over the floor. He and backcourt mate Klay Thompson are a ton of fun to watch.

#2 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Should be a fun game! Can't wait!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#3 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

What's up my fellow HEAT fans? Will tonight be the night that our beloved HEAT play a full game of basketball? Do we see a team that plays with pride, passion,and physicality, or a lackadasical effort given by our super squad? Finishing this road trip up strong will cure a lot of heartache for the players,but most of all the fans...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#4 AJ

AJ

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I want to see how motivated this team is from the get go, will they hoist up jumpers to try and match Golden State's offense or will the Heat try and out run the Warriors from the tip? If this is clearly a rebounding game by the end of the first quarter, my expectations will dwindle...

#5 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I want to see how motivated this team is from the get go, will they hoist up jumpers to try and match Golden State's offense or will the Heat try and out run the Warriors from the tip? If this is clearly a rebounding game by the end of the first quarter, my expectations will dwindle...

There is no "IF"

It will clearly be due to David Lee

#6 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

@IraHeatBeat: James Jones back with the Heat from his family matter.
Posted Image

#7 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

get on chat
1zg3qc8.jpg

#8 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Link anybody?
Posted Image

#9 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Bron goes out... Team forgets how to play

#10 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

They were actually getting good looks they just couldn't hit anything.
Posted Image

#11 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

They were actually getting good looks they just couldn't hit anything.

All true

#12 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

if Pop is our coach, he will play Jarvis by now.

#13 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Two symbolical plays almost: a rebound that is taken right out of Boshs hands and Wade not being able to jump high enough to catch the alley oop pass.

To me it's symbolical for the softness of Bosh and the aging of Dwyane

#14 GQ7

GQ7

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 6,815 posts
  • LocationNorth Cack-a-Lack

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

One big LOL at Bosh getting thrown to the ground by Landry when fighting over a rebound. Congrats!
Posted Image

Excellence is only a prerequisite...

#15 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Hey at least bosh is getting in there. You can't blame him for bit going after rebounds now.
Posted Image

#16 2Hot

2Hot

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 9,677 posts
  • LocationAll Around the World

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Bosh's arms in that picture? Is that photoshopped? My dude has arms like a female

But Congrats to Bron though. Youngest ever to 20k points in league history!

eamiwtp.jpg

Let's Do It Again...

#17 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

I haven't seen defense like this in a while! Good team defense!

#18 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Lol I know we beat Okc last time but just watching them recently is scary... They've surely improved compared to last season..

#19 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,671 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

So far,so good. The defense was impeccable in the 1st half,LEBRON is being LEBRON, WADE is showing hustle,but BOSH,well at least he's giving effort. My only complaint is MIAMI seems to stall when LEBRON goes to the bench,along with a few other things. Let's see if MIAMI can put the Warriors away in the 2nd half. And how about that UD40 slam?...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#20 G-Manny

G-Manny

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

wth is wrong with bosh? i like his personality but as a player he's become more and more soft every night