Photo

HEAT 99 - Lakers 90 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Los Angeles Lakers Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Andrew Bernstein)

The Miami HEAT took care of business on the road, beating the Los Angeles Lakers 99-90 on the second night of a back-to-back. The win was the HEAT's second straight to close the six-game road trip at 3-3. The HEAT have five days off and return to action next Wednesday against the Toronto Raptors.

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James dominated early and late to lead the HEAT to victory over the Lakers. James finished with 39 points, eight assists, seven rebounds and three steals. He shot 17-25 and had at least seven dunks on the night. Defensively, James defended Kobe Bryant down the stretch, locking him down after Bryant hit some quick buckets.

The Deciding Run: Kobe Bryant tied the game up at 90-90 with a three pointer with just 2:32 left on the clock. Dwyane Wade quickly answered with a jumper, which ignited a 9-0 to end the game. Offensively, the HEAT got baskets from Wade, James and Ray Allen. Defensively, the HEAT were able to lock down the Lakers, giving up no easy looks.

Play of the Game: There were numerous big plays down the stretch, but the air show put on by Wade and James in the first quarter is too difficult to ignore. Of the four dunks to start the game, the final one stands out. James stole the inbounds pass, waited until the last minute and rifled a backhanded pass to a cutting Wade. It was a thing of beauty.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 104.1; Defensive Efficiency: 93.4

Trend to Watch: A couple of jumpers fell for the HEAT late, but before that HEAT shooters were coming up dry. The HEAT’s effort on the defensive end and on the glass were strong enough to make it not matter. The HEAT’s defense has been really disruptive of late and tonight continued the trend. They forced 20 turnovers, including 16 in the first half. The work on the defensive glass against the Lakers big men was exceptional. The HEAT offense has been consistent the entire season. With the rebounding and defense coming around, things should really start to click.

The Takeaway: It’s a great way to finish a road trip. Almost halfway through the season we still aren’t sure where the Lakers are at, but on the second night of a back to back, the HEAT took care of business. They did it in a somewhat unconventional fashion, in that they only hit two threes. Two straight wins is the perfect way to head into a five-day break.

Notes: Dwyane Wade finished with 27 points, five assists and four rebounds. Ray Allen and Norris Cole combined for 15 points off of the bench. Josh Harrellson and Jarvis Varnado were inactive.

Infographic

Posted Image

Highlights

#2 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,007 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

That was a really fun game to watch. Defense and rebounding again was great.
Posted Image

#3 mrwormburn

mrwormburn

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

Props to you Danny. Nice writeup and graphics. This 5 day layoff is going to be cake because of this W here.

D-Brick.

SGL9QQQ.gif

#4 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Thanks. And yes. Back to back road wins will allow everyone to enjoy the break.

#5 FT will win us RING

FT will win us RING

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I think that Batman and Robin Duo are now clicking since Golden State win, that duo will destroy most of the teams by now, just hoping to see some more work from Bosh and some consistency from our 3 point shooters.

Lastly, pls give some min for Mr. Varnado, this lengthy dude has potential.

1897862_525862054189624_4025206878522373

#6 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

Lakers made a very conscious effort to get the ball to Dwight which led to a ridiculous amount of turnovers and he was only able to get off 7 shots. Probably the best display of post entry defense I have seen.

10wl185.jpg

#7 mrwormburn

mrwormburn

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Lakers made a very conscious effort to get the ball to Dwight which led to a ridiculous amount of turnovers and he was only able to get off 7 shots. Probably the best display of post entry defense I have seen.

Well, you see, many of those "passes" came from Kobe...he's just not very good at it. xD

D-Brick.

SGL9QQQ.gif

#8 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

Good team win, good to see Wade handle his binness.
Posted Image

#9 LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Dunkfest. That was a great game.
Posted Image

#10 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Luckily for the Lakers BOSH's jumper was off...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#11 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

So the Lakers fan will go away now? lol

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#12 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,058 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

and we still won..

Posted Image

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#13 stephenk24

stephenk24

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLondon England

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

I wish I could have seen this game. No TV coverage and it started at 3:30am... I can't complain though I did get to see live NBA last night, even though the Knicks did dominate...
British born and raised, Heat fan since 2007.

- Saw the Heat lose to the Nets at the O2 Arena in London during the 2008 NBA Europe Live Tour (top 3 night of my life)
- Saw Lebron James play Argentina as part of the "new" Dream Team during the London 2012 Olympics

Heat fan: Verb - To turn up halfway through the first quarter of a basketball game and leave halfway through the fourth. "I think I'm going to Heat fan tonight."

#14 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • Location3rd World Tribal Jungle

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

and we still won..

Posted Image

My God

That almost ooks like my shot selection in NBA 2k13, majority of the points coming under the rim

Legod_zpsc69a82cc.jpg

#15 SlyB33r

SlyB33r

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

Bballbreakdown. Official breakdown starts at 2:28. Great analysis for those interested. ;)

#16 mrwormburn

mrwormburn

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

^ That's nice. I love how we can just go into the DHP set from 2010-2011 like second nature. It couples well with the 4out-1in type stuff we run now.

D-Brick.

SGL9QQQ.gif

#17 heatchamp45

heatchamp45

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

we have to give credit to the big three for winning this game especially wade and bron but a lot of credit goes to ray allen he had some great buckets late in the game.

We are lucky to have ray allen on this team.

I saw the game twice on nfl network replay i just cant stay till 2 oclock in the morning and then get up at 6 to work.

MIAMI HEAT 2006 - 2012 - 2013 NBA CHAMPS.............3PEAT IN THE WORKS FOR 2014.  :) 

ykxo2.jpg