Photo

Raptors at HEAT Official Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Toronto Raptors Previews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
138 replies to this topic

#121 2Hot

2Hot

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 9,263 posts
  • LocationAll Around the World

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

:lol: @ Bron not even bothering to guard on that last play. Son just camped out for that board. Good game thru 3 quarters for him though. Didn't like what he was doing in the 4th and OT in terms of decision making, but at least we won.

Good game from Wade, but them fts will make me clown him forever. How has he developed no muscle memory for free throws thru a 10 year career? Every ft shot looks different, even within the same trip, and always flat and garbage.

Posted Image

THE LEAGUE GON GET THIS WORK

#122 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Not a good game at all it took the Heat OT to beat the lowly Raptors at home after having 5 days of rest.

#123 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image

S/O to Wade for balling out these past two games.

Posted Image

#124 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Lebron with another triple double LOL its ok if he chokes a couple of times in the game.

#125 Ian Scuffling

Ian Scuffling

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Lebron with another triple double LOL its ok if he chokes a couple of times in the game.

LMAO. Only a Miami Heat fan will complain about a guy who has a 31p on very good shooting, 10r and 11a triple double, because he made a few misplays. I guess that's why fans are "fanatics".

#126 VPD

VPD

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

LeBron's 3pts have been in down trend though. It should be kind of a reversion effect although he does improve his 3pt.

#127 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

LMAO. Only a Miami Heat fan will complain about a guy who has a 31p on very good shooting, 10r and 11a triple double, because he made a few misplays. I guess that's why fans are "fanatics".

I just said the guy is simply not a clutch player and he has not been a clutch player throughout his career but he is a great player no doubt.

#128 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

I just said the guy is simply not a clutch player and he has not been throughout his career but he is great player no doubt.

2 buzzer beaters for a 10 year veteran doesn't exactly scream clutch. Lebron isn't good at walk-off shots but he's good at other forms of being clutch, like icing the game when his team is up, helping the team tie the game, making the right pass, etc. He can't get the walkoff shot though. That's his "clutchtime issue".

#129 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

2 buzzer beaters for a 10 year veteran doesn't exactly scream clutch. Lebron isn't good at walk-off shots but he's good at other forms of being clutch, like icing the game when his team is up, helping the team tie the game, making the right pass, etc. He can't get the walkoff shot though. That's his "clutchtime issue".

Yeah I know and that is why I wanted Lebron to pass the ball at the end instead of shooting it.

#130 VPD

VPD

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I just said the guy is simply not a clutch player and he has not been a clutch player throughout his career but he is a great player no doubt.

I don't really agree with you. I think you're too harsh on him in the clutch regard as other fans including me. LeBron's been weak with last second shot but clutchness is not only about it. I'm pretty sure Lebron's been one of the clutches players this season offensively and defensively, especially in the beginning of the season or just the last Lakers game when he dominated. So yeah, LeBron is very weak at last second shot but he's clutch at the same time.

#131 gotankles

gotankles

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

damn missed the game seems like it would of been a fun one to watch

#132 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

damn missed the game seems like it would of been a fun one to watch

It was ugly for some time and exciting at the end, close game.

#133 Tay015

Tay015

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationGym with Dexter Pittman

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yeah I know and that is why I wanted Lebron to pass the ball at the end instead of shooting it.

Same here. I always hope he's ready to hand it over to Wade like in that one pacers game.
Posted Image

#134 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,028 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm thankful for the win, but those free throws are nerve-wrecking. It's gotten to the point that everytime a HEAT member not named RAY ALLEN gets to the line, I cringe. Game started slowly for the HEAT, but the second half was significantly better, with the exception of those dreaded free throws. Overtime should've never been. Oh yeah, nice job on the boards...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#135 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Wade could of had 40 if he hit his FT's :(. Great game though. Also LeBron has been very clutch this season. He still struggles with the walk off though.
Posted Image

#136 AJ

AJ

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,737 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Not a pretty win by any means, but a dirty and grind-it-out type effort this team has needed for a long time.

Sure, it sure helps when LBJ gets a triple-double and Wade has a season high in points...along with Allen pouring in 18 points off the bench, but I am taking way the effort from this game more than anything.

Yes, it was against the Toronto Raptors but Miami got punched, responded and then get sucker punched again to not only pull a Rockey on their Drago but put it in the team's conscious that if they want to, they can board.

Loved 53 to 28 boards for the Heat.

Solid win, not against the opponent but how they won...

We have to wait another game to see the Heat debut of the Bird Man!
"There's no such thing as coulda, shoulda, or woulda. If you shoulda and coulda, you woulda done it." - Pat Riley

#137 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Being clutch isn't just about how you hit buzzer beating shots. Being clutch imo is how you rise up in tight situations( last few minutes of the 4th) and preform. Lebron is clutch. He just hasn't hit a ton if buzzer beating shots. If you watched our Finals run, then you'll know that clutch is his middle name because he rose up in every single tight spot and situation.
Posted Image

#138 Ballyoop

Ballyoop

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFilipinas

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Being clutch isn't just about how you hit buzzer beating shots. Being clutch imo is how you rise up in tight situations( last few minutes of the 4th) and preform. Lebron is clutch. He just hasn't hit a ton if buzzer beating shots. If you watched our Finals run, then you'll know that clutch is his middle name because he rose up in every single tight spot and situation.

this.

ReHeat

#139 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

LOL @ at everyone's responses during this game. You all need to have more faith in our amazing team.

Wade and Bosh had a bad night at the charity stripe. Usually we lose games where our FTs aren't going in. Good to see we had enough to overcome that poor performance.

LeBron not being clutch is starting to become a redundant fallacy. Those aren't the greatest circumstances to make shots. The best thing about eating up the clock in that situation is, we leave no time for the other team a chance to win the game in regulation. Anyone remember game 6 of the Boston series? If that's not clutch I dunno what is.

LeBron not being clutch is as useless a statement as Wade's needs to stop using his pump fake so much.

Great win for our boys though. I wish one day I could come in here and see some more confidence in our supposed strong fan base. We ARE the defending champs for a reason.

Now, let's redeem ourselves and win those bad boys from Detroit.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)