Photo

HEAT 98 - Celtics 100 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Boston Celtics Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Brian Babineau)

The Miami HEAT were knocked off by the Boston Celtics 100-98, Sunday afternoon. The loss snapped the HEAT's four-game winning streak. The game went to double overtime before it was decided. The HEAT return to the court Wednesday in Brooklyn.

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James was once again the best player on the floor, scoring 34 points, grabbing 16 rebounds and dishing out seven assists. James was the HEAT’s engine all night and hit the big three that sent the game to overtime.

The Deciding Run: In a game that was close throughout, the Celtics closed out the second overtime period on a 5-0 run. Jason Terry and Paul Pierce combined for all of the Celtics’ points.

Play of the Game: Paul Pierce put the Celtics ahead for good on a jumper in transition after a Dwyane Wade miss. Pierce controlled the tempo of the break and was extremely patient before raising to shoot. The HEAT were not able to respond.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 90.1; Defensive Efficiency: 91.8

Trend to Watch: The HEAT turned the ball over 21 times against the Celtics. The Celtics, a poor rebounding team, used the extra opportunities to make up for their disadvantage on the glass. The Celtics scored 19 points off of the 21 turnovers. The HEAT excel when they force live ball changes of possession, but when they turn the ball over themselves, they negate the advantage. Turnovers haven’t been a big issue for the HEAT this season, but today that wasn’t the case.

The Takeaway: That was as interesting as a game can get in late January. The HEAT struggled to score efficiently, but they were able to stay in it because of offensive rebounding. The loss drops the HEAT to 3-7 against the Celtics in the regular season over the last three seasons. So while the loss might hurt now, it doesn’t portend much. The HEAT had five players play over 36 minutes tonight, so a break until Wednesday will do the team well.

Notes: Ray Allen scored 21 points and grabbed five rebounds off the bench. Dwyane Wade finished with 17 points and seven assists. Chris Bosh added 16 points and 16 rebounds. Dexter Pittman and Jarvis Varnado were inactive.

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

@ Danny : If you are giving some stats, give them all please !

Wade scored 17 points but 6 on 20 with 0 on 4 at the 3 and 6 turnovers,

Almario Chalmers 0 point ! I say it again 0 point without facing Rondo ! he didnt play just 2 mn or 5 mn but 22 minutes ! And 3 turnovers ! My lord !
I say it many times but he is the defintion of the inconsistency ! Keep calling him the GOAT !

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#3 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,067 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

chillout he only took three shots

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

#4 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

3 shots, less or more, at the end of the game is still 0 point !

Only 3 shots when wade, bron and bosh got double teamed ! Indeed very impressive

#5 Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

This loss might be a blessing in disguise. The heat are still comfortably first place in the east, and if we gave Boston the win they needed to keep the 8th seed, then I'm all for it. As a first round opponent, I'm much more scared of a healthy Bynum than a Rondo-less Celtics. Hopefully Boston can continue to ward off philly

#6 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,228 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

This loss might be a blessing in disguise. The heat are still comfortably first place in the east, and if we gave Boston the win they needed to keep the 8th seed, then I'm all for it. As a first round opponent, I'm much more scared of a healthy Bynum than a Rondo-less Celtics. Hopefully Boston can continue to ward off philly

Sorry I totally dissagree with you Boston has the better coach and Miami struggles historically to win at Boston while the Heat have totally dominated this 76ers team over the years.

#7 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,067 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

3 shots, less or more, at the end of the game is still 0 point !

Only 3 shots when wade, bron and bosh got double teamed ! Indeed very impressive

nobody said it was impessive.

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

#8 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Where the heck is those setting picks from everyone from the Lakers game

Just watching this game has the feel of the 2010 season where its just ISO ISO ISO SETTLE FOR JUMPSHOTS FOREVER

#9 Brooklyn New York

Brooklyn New York

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

LMAO ALL THE FOREIGN VIRGINS ARE MAD CUZ WE LOST TO A TEAM THAT WONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

2jfdb2c.gif

#10 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

It sure did look like a flashback to those pathetic offensive days with James and Wade taking turns taking people off the dribble and jacking up lousy shots. Only now we add in a bunch of contested jumpers from Allen. Seems like Spoelstra tried to remind Lebron every once in a while that he can play in the post these days but he'd get frustrated and go back to the face up game.

Kinda depressing when the other team is not even close to the talent level the Heat possess and yet they're able to generate good looks at the basket while for the Heat its a struggle every possession.

#11 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

@ Danny : If you are giving some stats, give them all please !

Wade scored 17 points but 6 on 20 with 0 on 4 at the 3 and 6 turnovers,

Almario Chalmers 0 point ! I say it again 0 point without facing Rondo ! he didnt play just 2 mn or 5 mn but 22 minutes ! And 3 turnovers ! My lord !
I say it many times but he is the defintion of the inconsistency ! Keep calling him the GOAT !

He only puts good stats that had an effect on the game. Wade and Rio were bad today so why put their stats up.
Posted Image

#12 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,139 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

MIAMI has a couple of days off to continue to try and find some consistency in their all around game. Nothing much to say other than they must be ready for Brooklyn...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#13 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

MIAMI has a couple of days off to continue to try and find some consistency in their all around game. Nothing much to say other than they must be ready for Brooklyn...TEAM HEAT since '88!

No, please Heat don't be ready for Brooklyn, be bad. haha I'm a Brooklyn fan, actually pretty excited about the game, even though I think Nets lose, but hope Nets treat it more like the games against Knicks and Thunder and they got a chance to make this one of the better games of the season if that happens

#14 T-Bone

T-Bone

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

chillout he only took three shots

ThunderDAN you know some people are gonna hate on the GOAT regardless. Even when he hit the 10 treys, posters were saying "But it was against a scrub team though!!!" Madness
Mario Chalmers for 3...Kaboom!!!!

#15 LebronaldPalmer45.

LebronaldPalmer45.

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationP U R P L E Draaank!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

No, please Heat don't be ready for Brooklyn, be bad. haha I'm a Brooklyn fan, actually pretty excited about the game, even though I think Nets lose, but hope Nets treat it more like the games against Knicks and Thunder and they got a chance to make this one of the better games of the season if that happens

Birdmans gunna be flapping his wings all over Reggie and Brook.
Posted Image

#16 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

He only puts good stats that had an effect on the game. Wade and Rio were bad today so why put their stats up.

because from Danny i expect some objectivity otherwise i call it homerism.

#17 Brooklyn New York

Brooklyn New York

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image

2jfdb2c.gif

#18 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

In the "Notes" section I put points, rebounds and assists if they're significant. Not trying to hide anything, just what I've done all season.

#19 ZoMourningJr

ZoMourningJr

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

I wish Ray Ray took the last shot in 2nd OT.... it would be priceless to see the clowns devastated at the end.... Then they'd have a REAL reason to boo him.... Them celtic fans are disrespectful, insignificant, worthless bunch of clowns.... See y'all in March....

#20 Rileysrighthand

Rileysrighthand

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts
  • LocationWest Side LA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

coach Spo forgot to use his subs during the 2 overtime periods and most of the 4th quarter. they got tired a bit and shots didn't fall. don't know why Battier took the last shot on that last play when they knew he was struggling shooting for many games now. it was a Spo blunder imo.

"That dance card had been punched," he said of the too-late push for Anthony. "We were a little bit late to that party. I made a call, but we were late in on that one."