Photo

HEAT 98 - Celtics 100 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Boston Celtics Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

coach Spo forgot to use his subs during the 2 overtime periods and most of the 4th quarter. they got tired a bit and shots didn't fall. don't know why Battier took the last shot on that last play when they knew he was struggling shooting for many games now. it was a Spo blunder imo.

The shot wasn't designed for Battier.

#22 AndrewWilliams

AndrewWilliams

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationMiami, Fl

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

It sure did look like a flashback to those pathetic offensive days with James and Wade taking turns taking people off the dribble and jacking up lousy shots. Only now we add in a bunch of contested jumpers from Allen. Seems like Spoelstra tried to remind Lebron every once in a while that he can play in the post these days but he'd get frustrated and go back to the face up game.

Kinda depressing when the other team is not even close to the talent level the Heat possess and yet they're able to generate good looks at the basket while for the Heat its a struggle every possession.

Couldn't agree with you more. I was underwhelmed by the types of plays and looks we were getting against a short handed old tired legs Boston team. Virtually every time Lebron drove to the bucket or got down in the post area good things happened and yet we see him revert to this easy-does-it mid-range jump shooter. I can't be too critical of him since he has been shooting at a wonderful clip, but at times he settles far too much.

I thought also it wise to sub out Battier in favor of Anthony since the Celts weren't honoring Shane's 3 point shooting anyhow (can't says I blame them the way he's brick laying). Not Spo's best work that's for sure.

#23 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Its not like the defense was really struggling.......maybe they would have been better with Anthony but they were doing a solid job containing the Celtics.

It was the offense that was just pathetic. The Celtics and Bulls both seem to make a habit of pushing James and Wade's buttons and getting them to revert back to bad habits. They'll execute a good play, get a good shot attempt that doesn't go in or a foul call that doesn't go their way and suddenly its Jordan time. At least last year when they got into this mode in the playoffs they had the sense to dump it off to Bosh. The Bosh mid range jumper is about the most effective offensive weapon this team has in the half court when they're in that mode.

#24 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

and yet they forgot about Bosh for much of the 2nd half and in overtime. Shame too, since he was hot in that game.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#25 AndrewWilliams

AndrewWilliams

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationMiami, Fl

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I agree that Bosh is continually underutilized. But in defense of that argument, Bosh himself is to fault as well. He'll be given the ball and just as quickly pass it back. He isn't demanding the ball or being selfish enough at times. I think part of that is just his character and the other part is KG's aggressive defense intimidates him to a degree.

#26 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Even if he is hesitant hes usually going to take the open jumper if you set it up for him. As much as people like to go on about how the mid range jumper is the worst shot in the game, when the Heat are playing a team that takes them out of what they want to do as effectively as the Celtics it turns into one of the best shots they can get.