thaonly1guly

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

BARKLEY IS NOT 6 4 BRAH
\Posted Image

I wouldn't even bother bringing it up because el mariachi is never going to admit he is wrong on something like that. For some strange reason he REALLY believes he knows all NBA players true height.

#42 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

BARKLEY IS NOT 6 4 BRAH
\Posted Image

Yeah considering Jordan true height was only 6-4 and Barley looks at least half an inch shorter in that picture, you're right Charles might only be 6-3 and change then... even though he admits to only being 6-4 or 6-5 in this link:

http://www.celebheig...rkley-2722.html

probably in shoes, especially street shoes he had added lift... if you find his mugshots online he measures 6-8 which is wrong measurement of true height. Scottie Pippen was a true 6-7 and change and looks much taller than Charles stood side by side.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#43 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Its such a stupid argument. Players have their listed height which is always going to be 1-1.5" taller than what they would be measured in the doctors office. Now that we have combine numbers everyone likes to bring up the disparity but what in reality is his "true" height? His height is measured relative to his peers, not you or me. So if they're all inflated in order to reach a proper reference point you must inflate his as well.

#44 Ballyoop

Ballyoop

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationFilipinas

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

the same with durant, i see him as 6'11 guy and only listed as 6'9... I think it is because they avoid giving him tougher def assignments...
ReHeat

#45 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

Emperor's EYE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Back to topic:

I wouldn't start Chris Andersen, but if give him at least 15 minutes by now on a regular basis.
LOL I love how MaxHeat69 has over 1500 posts, and he's not a Heat guy (MoodMuzik)(Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM)

#46 SCIENTIST SPO

SCIENTIST SPO

KING SPOEY IS COY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,340 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

MULLIEN AND BARKELY ARE 6'6" AND PIPPEN IS 6 7"
Posted Image

Yeah considering Jordan true height was only 6-4 .

EH NAA WHAT IS WADE THAN 6'2"? ROFL
Posted Image

STOP IT FIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O7NIG7BCmU

#47 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

MULLIEN AND BARKELY ARE 6'6" AND PIPPEN IS 6 7"
Posted Image

EH NAA WHAT IS WADE THAN 6'2"? ROFL
Posted Image

STOP IT FIVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O7NIG7BCmU

Yeah man... this can probably go back and forth... but I would say Wade is about 6-3 and change true height... and if you look closely at that USA picture where their shoes line up... Barkley looks a good 2 inches+ shorter than Pip who is wearing slippers with barely any sole... I'd give Barkley just under 6-5 at best... but 6-4 and change sounds right during his tallest time of day. Looking at pictures of Barkely, Pippen and Hakeem stood next to each other, the difference in Height between The Dream and Pippen looks equal to the difference between Pippen and Barkley. Dream was about 6-10. Pippen 6-7... that places Barkley around 6-4ish... even if his presence was much larger in effect in how he played.

http://1.bp.blogspot.../image.php.jpeg

CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#48 SCIENTIST SPO

SCIENTIST SPO

KING SPOEY IS COY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,340 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yeah man... this can probably go back and forth...

NOT REALLY
ARE U COUNTING AN INCH OF SCOTTIES FRO? ROFL

THE SHORTEST BARKELY CAN BE IS 6 5, PEOPLE HAVE SAID THIS
BUT NO ONE EVER SAYS JORDAN IS 6 4, YOUR BLOGS ARE RETARDED

#49 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Ye

Back to topic:

I wouldn't start Chris Andersen, but if give him at least 15 minutes by now on a regular basis.

Yeah Im good birdman in the bench but Haslem should be replaced either Anthony or Battier. The guy is strugglin for christ sake. Anyhow, never thought Birdman has coast to coast repetoire like he did aginst bobcats and nets. Guy has some dribbling skills.hehe

A bit of the 2008 lighthearted Beasley came out when he joked that he couldn't bring himself to watch the Heat during any of their last three runs to the NBA Finals. "You know that's a lie," Beasley cracked before instantly shifting into a more somber, serious tone. "You get hungry. Especially when you see your old team get there three times in a row -- all three years you weren't here. You get mad. But you channel that anger. You put it into basketball. And that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

#50 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

Emperor's EYE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Ye

Yeah Im good birdman in the bench but Haslem should be replaced either Anthony or Battier. The guy is strugglin for christ sake. Anyhow, never thought Birdman has coast to coast repetoire like he did aginst bobcats and nets. Guy has some dribbling skills.hehe

That's what I'm talking about... Put UD out of the starting line up and let Anthony.
LOL I love how MaxHeat69 has over 1500 posts, and he's not a Heat guy (MoodMuzik)(Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM)

#51 helstinki

helstinki

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

I see more birdman in his 10 day trial than Rashard w/ a contract SMH

#52 z3rOoOo

z3rOoOo

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

WHy are people arguing about heights here? Its funny.. ANyways this is supposed to be the birdman thread and he just showed hustle and rebounds again.. He got more impact in the game in his 15 minutes than UD in his 17.. Just saying..

"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often an illusion" - Michael Jordan

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2251475/lebronkingjam.gif

#53 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

WHy are people arguing about heights here? Its funny.. ANyways this is supposed to be the birdman thread and he just showed hustle and rebounds again.. He got more impact in the game in his 15 minutes than UD in his 17.. Just saying..

Birdman is much more productive lately than UD. Im just wondering if Spo will have the courage and try to put him temporarily as one of the starters.

A bit of the 2008 lighthearted Beasley came out when he joked that he couldn't bring himself to watch the Heat during any of their last three runs to the NBA Finals. "You know that's a lie," Beasley cracked before instantly shifting into a more somber, serious tone. "You get hungry. Especially when you see your old team get there three times in a row -- all three years you weren't here. You get mad. But you channel that anger. You put it into basketball. And that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

#54 KingOfMiami6

KingOfMiami6

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationOn Your Screen

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

another beast game for Birdman.. 6 boards 1 steal 1 assist 4 points in 16mins
Posted Image

-- Welcome to Miami Norris Cole. Represent Dayton, Ohio and Miami. The new BIG 4 --

#55 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

NOT REALLY
ARE U COUNTING AN INCH OF SCOTTIES FRO? ROFL

THE SHORTEST BARKELY CAN BE IS 6 5, PEOPLE HAVE SAID THIS
BUT NO ONE EVER SAYS JORDAN IS 6 4, YOUR BLOGS ARE RETARDED

Not to harp on it, but there are a lot if sites that contest Jordan was between 6-4 and 6-5 true height... also contending Barkley is between 6-3 and 6-5. Google it. Here's a few links:

http://www.insidehoo...=123484&page=22

http://forums.interb...aft-Measurement

http://cezl.files.wo...-payton-nba.jpg

CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#56 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

I thought Andersen and Miller are addicts guess Im wrong coz its the one posting heights in a starting chris andersen thread. SMH

#57 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

Emperor's EYE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

If he were a few years younger, Chris Andersen could have started

#58 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

It's not that Andersen isn't capable of starting, it's just he probably has greater impact off the bench on most nights. High energy, motor like that as a utility role player is exactly a perfect player to bring on second unit IMO... especially when our best starting unit come play offs will likely be a guy like Battier at the 4 who can stretch defenses while also making smart plays which bring best out of rest of starting unit.

RE: the height conversation, I didn't start it. I corrected whoever said Love is 6-11 (he is more like 6-8), and he suggested that the centers in today's NBA were weak sauce because a little guy like that was dominating boards... I only pointed out that Barkley, Rodman and Ben Wallace were all extremely dominant rebounders against a great generation of HOF calibre centers and those dudes were all undersized between 6-4 and 6-7... then SPO & gang insisted it was crazy to suggest Barkley was that short, when in fact he is and I provided links to where he admitted it and other discussions of true heights. I really could give a flying fcuk, but also know when I am right about something. Regardless, most people's heights vary day to day morning to night by as much as half an inch based on how hydrated your spinal cord is. But height means nothing when you have a wingspan like an orangutan and know how to box out, position and out leap slower players.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#59 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

Emperor's EYE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yes exactly Chris Anderson is much more suitable when he comes up the bench. And since you guys haven't heard any news about the Greg Oden I think you better sign Birdman for the rest of the season.

#60 KingOfMiami6

KingOfMiami6

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationOn Your Screen

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Heat need to let Pittman go if we can get Oden. But birdman 10 day contracts can only be twice right?
Posted Image

-- Welcome to Miami Norris Cole. Represent Dayton, Ohio and Miami. The new BIG 4 --

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users