Photo

HEAT at Raptors Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Toronto Raptors Previews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Down by 6 at the half on the road,and not playing well, not bad. Y'all gots to believe that MIAMI will turn it up a notch in the second half, gotta rest the guys for the game tomorrow ;). Have faith...TEAM HEAT since '88!

Wasn't that second half money? :) That type of effort will yield plenty of comfortable victories for MIAMI, not to mention stress-free viewing for us fans...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#62 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

DAMN I MISSED THIS GAME

Good thing there are 2 meetings left and see the Gay - Derozan wing tandem

#63 AJ

AJ

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

This game was beautiful from the standpoint of the team placing the blame on themselves and actually using that feeling to out work and out hustle their opponent.

The first half was just frustrating to watch, the Toronto Raptors were simply out playing the Heat and it showed with a 6 point lead at the half. Derozan had a subpar game from the field but he was doing what we all want Wade to do, put your head down and be aggressive on offense to get to the line.

I mean at one point, he had like 18 points with a mere 3 field goals. He was out shooting the Heat, as a team, himself from the stripe.

Then, I assume, Ron R laid the truth down on them in the locker room as he did Jax to start the 2nd half...*poof* Miami is jumping, diving, driving and contesting almost every offensive set by the Raptors.

Coach (Tony) made a good point tonight, when the defense is crisp and tight the offense usually follows...Bosh started the game luke warm with 2-2 but then I believe missed his next 4 or so shots. He had 6 points at half, had 7 in the third quarter.

Bosh seemed to have gotten that memo, instead of setting screens he was rolling to the hoop and finished with 28, 22 in the second half.

Also loved his seriousness during the winner's circle, I think this might spark a fire under his ***...

Can't really sit here and discuss either James or Wade, because by their standards, they had a medocre game (they are too good)...

But I gotta show some love for Chris Anderson. Sure, he had 1 point but he had 4 boards, 3 offensive and this is what the Heat need from him. He was making it a little more difficult to score in the paint for the Raptors.

I hope this does spark something for the Heat because if they come out lackidasical against the Bobcats, this team just doesn't get it...

Also congrats to the coaching staff, the victory secured the best record in the East by the break putting them in the All-Star game. Congrats, again.
"There's no such thing as coulda, shoulda, or woulda. If you shoulda and coulda, you woulda done it." - Pat Riley

#64 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Good game all around. Trailed by five for quite a while. Birdman good. I still want to see him play with CB. I think they also need to feed CB like tonight, every game! Nice to see Battier get a three finally, and from Allen too. I bet Allen likes not having to take those hard shots, and can just dish since hes not the man anymore! Keep taking the high percentage shots and keep your career FG% high as you near the end of your career! And the boys went to the Leafs/Bruins NHL game, and LBJ tweeted it was his first hockey game and "pretty damn cool"

Also you guys see what like a Bosh promised after his standup performance tonight? He apologized and said it's gonna be all out from here on in, so I'm expecting a Bobcat stew tomorrow. And I'm pumped to see an all out Heat rout.

Please, post the signature one more time...

#65 Gobiaoneltbob

Gobiaoneltbob

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

I join told all above. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM..