Photo

Rockets 108 - HEAT 114 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Houston Rockets Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT extended their winning streak to three games with a 114-108 victory over the Houston Rockets. The game was a high-paced affair that stayed close throughout. The HEAT host the Los Angeles Clippers Friday night.

Impact Performance of the Night: Dwyane Wade gets the honors tonight. He finished with 31 points, eight assists, five rebounds, four steals and two blocks, one of which iced the game. Wade got to the line 13 times, making all 13 free throws.

The Deciding Run: James Harden made three free throws to cut the HEAT lead to three points with 2:29 left. The HEAT went on a 10-5 run to close things out. Shane Battier hit a big three and the HEAT closed it out with free throws.

Play of the Game: We’ve got a few different offensive options here, but Udonis Haslem gets the nod for his defensive efforts late in the fourth. With the HEAT up three, the Rockets had the ball with 28 seconds left. After running down 10 seconds, James Anderson drove to the basket, but Haslem slid over and drew the charge. On the next possession, Wade blocked Harden’s three-point attempt with 11 seconds left. But it was Haslem’s closeout that caused Harden to pause for a split second that allowed Wade to recover over an Omer Asik screen. Haslem’s late defensive stands locked the game up for the HEAT.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 118.4; Defensive Efficiency: 109.1

Trend to Watch: The threes were falling for the HEAT, but more importantly, they were going up. The HEAT shot 23 threes, the most for a non-overtime game since the road win at Golden State. When the HEAT are taking threes, it opens up the floor for everyone. Three-point attempts correlate very highly with offensive efficiency, so it’s nice to see the HEAT put up so many attempts from downtown. Tonight, 28 percent of the HEAT’s shot attempts were from three. When threes-point attempts account for 25 percent or more of HEAT shot attempts, the HEAT are 20-8.

The Takeaway: What a fun game against a fun team. The HEAT were able to stretch their legs a little on the offensive end with their pace and space. The Rockets play at a tempo that leads to lots of points being scored and the HEAT were more than happy to oblige. Getting a win tonight sets the HEAT up to have a really nice homestand leading up to the game in Oklahoma City next week. It was a good win against a good team.

Notes: LeBron James score 32 points to lead the HEAT. He also added six rebounds and five assists. Udonis Haslem had a big game with nine points and 13 rebounds. Shane Battier scored 12 points, all on three-pointers. Norris Cole added 10 points off the bench. Chris Bosh and Dexter Pittman were inactive. Bosh missed the game with a cold and is day-to-day.

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

good to see the bigs step up in the place of Bosh
1zg3qc8.jpg

#3 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

Wuchuhurd, you're the first commenter on the recap. Want a HEAT headband?

#4 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

How come nobody's crying about the rebounding anymore?
Posted Image

#5 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

I want a heat headband.... :(

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#6 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Wuchuhurd, you're the first commenter on the recap. Want a HEAT headband?

You gave me one already lol, I think someone else should get it. Thanks for the offer though.
1zg3qc8.jpg

#7 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Ha. Ok, figured I'd ask. I've got a few things to giveaway. I'll do them randomly.

#8 SlyB33r

SlyB33r

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Miami wins, New York loses, great day! On to the Clippers!

Posted Image

Introducing the new Miami Heat shot clock. Now with 20% less cheese.runaway.gif

#9 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

Rebounding and offense were excellent, defense sucked but the Rockets are a really good offensive team that's clicking on all cylinders right now. Also it's weird but we've really been beasting this year with just LeBron and Wade without Bosh this year, before this game when Wade and James have played together without Bosh they've posted a offensive rating of 120.5 and a defensive rating of 99.5 in 223 minutes. That's some really impressive stuff.

#10 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Love the Heat D when it's activated, just like watching Bulls of 90's...

Get well soon Mr. Christopher Wesson Bosh... :D

#11 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Anyone got a vid of that not counted alleyoop during the 2nd quarter

DAMN REFS ROBBIN THE TEAM OF THAT HIGHLIGHT

#12 Brooklyn New York

Brooklyn New York

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

IS THE HEADBAND TURBAN SIZE LIKE LEBRONS? I THINK THAT MIGHT BE TO BIG

2jfdb2c.gif

#13 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,527 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Ha. Ok, figured I'd ask. I've got a few things to giveaway. I'll do them randomly.

hey danny if wuchuhurd doesnt want the head band, ill take it
Posted Image

#14 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Fun game. The Rockets sure can score in bunches, but...like I said earlier, Linsanity was bottled up. We don't play that ish round here young fella!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#15 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,858 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

In the abscence of BOSH, the GUYS really stepped up big against a young, high scoring squad like the Rockets. MIAMI needed that effort to overcome a scrappy Harden and crew. Congrats are in abundance: WADE perfect from the line(13-13), HASLEM with the 13 boards, LEBRON being LEBRON, COLE played productive minutes providing nice defensive pressure, RAY-RAY, well I'm confident he'll find his mojo, and need I say "CAW CAW"...TEAM HEAT since '88!