Photo

Clippers 89 - HEAT 111 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Los Angeles Clippers Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT shot the lights out in a 111-89 rout of the Los Angeles Clippers. The win was the HEAT's fourth straight. The HEAT return to action Sunday afternoon against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James tied the franchise record for consecutive 30 point games tonight. He finished with 30 points on 11 shots. That is not a typo. He also pitched in six assists, five rebounds and two steals. When the HEAT blew the game wide open, it was James pulling the strings.

The Deciding Run: The HEAT opened up a big halftime lead, but it was an outburst in the third quarter that effectively ended the game. The HEAT lead 64-54 before going on a blistering 25-3 run. The HEAT included five threes in the barrage. All of the looks were open and in rhythm. It’s about as good an any offensive stretch that you’ll ever see.

Play of the Game: Lots of nominees tonight. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade each put on athletic shows in the post. James spun hard against a Clippers defender for a crazy finish. Wade hit a stunning fadeaway over Chris Paul. But the most impressive play was probably James’ cross-court pass to Mario Chalmers in the corner for an open three. How James saw Chalmers and was able to get the pass to him in time defies physics.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 126.0; Defensive Efficiency: 95.3

Trend to Watch: HEAT shooters sure looked cozy in the corners. The HEAT went 7-for-12 from the corners, lighting up the Clippers’ defense. Shane Battier, Mario Chalmers and LeBron James all contributed to the effort. The HEAT shoot corner threes more than anyone in the NBA because they’re one of the most efficient shots in basketball. Today’s performance may be a bit of an outlier, but the fact that the HEAT shot 12 corner threes is impressive.

The Takeaway: The Clippers have been one of the best teams in the NBA this season. To beat them by 22 points without Chris Bosh and Ray Allen is very impressive. The HEAT generally got the looks they wanted, both at the rim and beyond the arc. Defensively, after a slow start the HEAT kicked things up a notch, locking the Clippers down. This may have been the HEAT’s best performance of the season.

Notes: Dwyane Wade finished with 20 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Mario Chalmers scored 18 points, 15 coming on threes. Shane Battier added 12 points. Chris Bosh and Ray Allen missed the game with the flu.

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

nice...great game tho. flawless damn near
Posted Image

#3 Kid Clutch

Kid Clutch

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Location'Merica

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

When our shooters hit their 3 point shots we win, it's that simple. But man, our offense was scary good. So many open looks, you would think it was a pick up game.

#4 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

When our shooters hit their 3 point shots we win, it's that simple. But man, our offense was scary good. So many open looks, you would think it was a pick up game.

Yeah basically. We need our guys to hit their shots when open. Even tho we are like 5th I think in 3s made there were games when we couldn't hit the ocean. I think we could and very well should be #1. Once ray gets on track I think it'll change. Then that'll open it all up for us
Posted Image

#5 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

definitely the best game of the season, at one point it felt like Game 5 of the Finals the way the three's were falling haha. I kind of wonder if the Clips rushed some guys back too fast for this game it just didn't feel like Cp3 or Blake were even in this game.

10wl185.jpg

#6 FT will win us RING

FT will win us RING

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

The Birdman baby!

8 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assist, 2 steals

1897862_525862054189624_4025206878522373

#7 Katima

Katima

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Yet another living legend still doing his thang. There's no stopping him, no guarding him, can't defend him. All haters that's still having a hard time accepting this man accomplishments. And knows deep in ur heart that he's the greatest in the game...ACCEPT!! Give my man his props when due, stop underratting him.."Mama, who dat man?" "What, oh it's LeBron James baby"

#8 Katima

Katima

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

definitely the best game of the season, at one point it felt like Game 5 of the Finals the way the three's were falling haha. I kind of wonder if the Clips rushed some guys back too fast for this game it just didn't feel like Cp3 or Blake were even in this game.
[/qote]

'Katima' ~ Excactly how I felt, read my blog. Amazing from beginning till end.

#9 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,451 posts
  • Location3rd World Tribal Jungle

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Regular Season Games against the Thunders, Clippers, Lakers brings out the best from majority in the Heat roster

But damn, game earlier was simply outstanding, from LeBron red hot shooting was a good kind of contagious disease spreading through everyone in the roster outside of Mike Miller unfortunately

Legod_zpsc69a82cc.jpg

#10 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Another early season loss avenged on our home court. The funniest thing was watching this game with my dad in the 3rd. He acts like some of you guys sometimes. No lead is safe when Miami is up front. lol It's like he excepts us to collapse every game! NO FAITH!

Team Heat baby!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#11 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,001 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Great win against a quality opponent. This is the type of beatdown that MIAMI needs to administer to the Lakers on Sunday afternoon. Protect the Triple A...TEAM HEAT since '88!