Photo

Lakers 97 - HEAT 107 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Los Angeles Lakers Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT pulled away from the Los Angeles Lakers in the fourth quarter, cruising to a 107-97 victory. The HEAT overcame early turnovers and foul trouble to knock the Lakers off. The HEAT have now won five games in a row. Up next are the Portland Trail Blazers, who the HEAT host Tuesday night at AmericanAirlines Arena.

Impact Performance of the Night: Two players, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James, share the honor tonight. Wade and James combined for 62 points, nine rebounds, nine assists and six steals. The domination by both players on both ends of the floor was essential for the HEAT in a game that was close until the end. When the HEAT needed stops, Wade and James created turnovers that led to easy, fastbreak points for the HEAT.

The Deciding Run: With 8:18 left in the contest, Dwight Howard made a free throw to bring the Lakers within two at 84-82. Over the next five minutes, the HEAT went on a 16-8 run that effectively put the game away. Four HEAT players scored during the run.

Play of the Game: The alley oops and dunks by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade will get top billing on the highlight shows, and rightfully so, but the play of the game was a Shane Battier corner three. With just under three minutes, the HEAT started a possession with a Wade-James pick-and-roll. James slipped the pick and Wade found him with a simple pass. James then turned, passed to Bosh who waited a Lakers defender to collapse on him before finding Battier in the corner. Battier buried the three and buried the Lakers. It was the picture of basketball perfection.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 122.8; Defensive Efficiency: 106.1

Trend to Watch: The defense in the second half was excellent for the HEAT. Over the last 24 minutes, the HEAT forced 10 turnovers, eight of which were of the live-ball variety. The Lakers had been shooting well game, so limiting their possessions was a premium. Wade and James each finished with three steals in the second half. The activity was too much for the Lakers to handle. The HEAT used the turnovers to create 11 fastbreak points. When the defense is causing that kind of chaos, the HEAT are especially difficult to beat.

The Takeaway: The HEAT continue to roll. The winning streak is now five games long and the HEAT are playing some of their best basketball of the season. Today’s game had everything for the HEAT: efficient offense, suffocating defense and all-world defensive rebounding. The Lakers shot the ball very well all game. For the HEAT to find ways to still win by double digits is very impressive.

Notes: Chris Bosh finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Mario Chalmers added 13 points. Shane Battier scored nine points, all on three-pointers. Jarvis Varnado and Dexter Pittman were inactive.

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,133 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Posted Image

"He is the one"

#3 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

I loved the half time crew explaining to me that the heat always get dominated by "big teams".

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#4 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Bosh barely gave a fawk on rebounds and boxing out until he gets his monster jam somewhere in the 2nd Q

Off and On Switch thing for him though

#5 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'm not one to complain about the refs but damn it was really bad today, you touch a neck hair and you get whistled for it. With that said I was pretty pleased with the performance and it looks like Birdman is regaining his shot blocking instincts. Even though he was racking fouls like Big Pitt, his presence was definitely felt.
1zg3qc8.jpg

#6 AMas92

AMas92

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image

"He is the one"

!!!!

#7 FelipeVeiga25

FelipeVeiga25

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

King JAmes

#8 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,785 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nice win, next up, Portland....TEAM HEAT since '88!

#9 R.F

R.F

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

i wanna ask about the First quarter .. how long was ?? i didn't watch the First quarter but i heard that .. " was the First quarter 45 minutes " ??
im waiting the answer .. its very necessary for me ..

#10 Heat.2013

Heat.2013

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

i wanna ask about the First quarter .. how long was ?? i didn't watch the First quarter but i heard that .. " was the First quarter 45 minutes " ??
im waiting the answer .. its very necessary for me ..

i think the person who has told u that was watching football not NBA
i dont know what to say hahahah if what u heard is right it means the duration of TimeOut in NBA is 7 minutes

#11 MartaDJuarez

MartaDJuarez

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

lol :lol: :lol: :lol: