Photo

HEAT 110 - Thunder 100 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Oklahoma City Thunder Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Layne Murdoch)

The Miami HEAT knocked off the Oklahoma City Thunder 110-100 Thursday night. The HEAT opened up a large lead early and were able to hold on in the fourth quarter. The win is the HEAT's sixth straight win over the Thunder and seventh straight win overall. The HEAT return to action on Tuesday against the Atlanta Hawks.

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James makes it hard to ever award anyone else with this honor. Tonight, he made it impossible. James finished with 39 points on 58 percent shooting, 12 rebounds, seven assists and two steals. James also defended Kevin Durant well. James did it all in a performance that was eerily similar to those of the NBA Finals. James was able to operate out of the high post with ease.

The Deciding Run: The HEAT blew things open in the first quarter, racing out to a 32-17 lead after the period. HEAT went on a 20-8 run over the last 6:33 of the quarter. James scored 10 points during the run, which was aided by Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen and Norris Cole.

Play of the Game: The HEAT lead, as large as 22 at one point, was shrinking for the HEAT in the second half. Foul trouble and a Kevin Durant point explosion made the game interesting. With a minute and a half left, the Thunder trailed by eight and had just knocked the ball out of play. The HEAT had 3.7 seconds left on the shot clock. James darted down the lane and Allen threw a perfect lob. James forcefully finished the alley oop, putting the game out of reach for the Thunder.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 111.5; Defensive Efficiency: 101.1

Trend to Watch: Defensively, the HEAT wreaked havoc with active hands and energy. In the first three quarters the HEAT came up with 10 steals and four blocked shots, three of which gained the HEAT possession. That means the HEAT forced live ball changes of possession on 17.3 percent of Thunder possessions over that time, a number that would lead the league by a significant margin. Things slowed in the fourth quarter, but the work the HEAT put in early was more than enough to carry them through. As the defense has tightened over the course of the season, live ball changes of possession have been a big reason why.

The Takeaway: The HEAT have now won six straight games against the Thunder. It doesn’t mean much, regardless of what you might hear or read, but it’s always nice to win convincingly over a title contender. The HEAT roll into All-Star Weekend winners of seven straight games and lead the Eastern Conference by four games in the loss column. With the victory, the HEAT trail only the Spurs in the loss column, which could mean something come Finals time. But that’s a long ways away. Tonight, the HEAT looked strong on the national stage against an elite opponent. It was an impressive display and yet another reminder of what the HEAT are capable of accomplishing.

Notes: Chris Bosh finished with 20 points, 12 rebounds, three blocks, two steals and two assists. Dwyane Wade also stuffed the stat sheet with 13 points, eight assists, five rebounds, four steals and a block. Ray Allen and Norris Cole combined for 22 points off of the bench.

Box Score: http://stats.nba.com...meID=0021200787

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

good game from norris. Rio and battier were ok. Road ray atleast hit some freethrows. lebron played alright..

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#3 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,089 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

I'm excited for all star weekend. I hope the the team rests up good and they have some fun.

#4 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

nice win guys, get well soon UD!

#5 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Super happy for this win, but why did LBJ take that 3 at the end? Guess you can't have it all.

(NEW SIG HERE SOON)

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#6 AndrewWilliams

AndrewWilliams

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationMiami, Fl

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm kinda glad Lebron's shooting % streak is over with. I felt he started to think about that too much at times during that amazing run. That said, he should still play with that mentality of getting the 'best' possible shot available to him.

#7 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

lost in all the LeBron madness is Chris Bosh manning da fuq up and collecting a couple of double doubles while shooting LeBron-like at times. Nobody is stopping Miami when Bosh gets it going. NOBODY.
1zg3qc8.jpg

#8 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

James finished the first half with a flurry, hitting a pair of 3-pointers and a pair of jumpers from the left wing on four straight possessions. He said it all started with a fan who taunted him.

"He said, 'Shoot it. You can't shoot.' So, I said, 'OK,' and I shot it. I made it, and then I made another one, and then I made another one, and then I made another one, and he stopped talking to me," James said.

#9 Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

great win. team totally dominated every aspect of the game. prolly 65% of our shots were open. Defense was amazing whenever they werent playing 8 on 5. Just a total statement game.

#10 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,164 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Man the Thunder get a bunch of crazy calls. it sure seemed like the Heat's momentum was challenged throughout the game. The refs or someone wanted this game to be close. Sadly OKC could not get back in the game after that bad start.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#11 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

If Bron and wade can get 15 FTAs a game I'm sure they'll score 40 points a few games to. Our momentum was ruin bc of the disgusting foul calling late in the game. We were in the bonus damn near the entire quarter and every ticky tack foul was in favor of OKC. Another game where we prevail vs the refs and OKC. Monster game from us tho. And even tho wade was ok offensively, he had 8 ast and 4 steals and a block. So he was putting his stamp on other parts of the game
Posted Image

#12 ZoMourningJr

ZoMourningJr

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Posted Image

I love this shot!!! Each time okc tried to close the gap, and drop to single digit point difference, LBJ hit a big shot.... Tellin' the okc folks to get back to their seats and stop meaningless yellin' around...

#13 ZoMourningJr

ZoMourningJr

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

This is how westcrook shoots..... Shoooooort!!!!!!!
Posted Image

#14 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Good win, enjoy the break, there's still work to do...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#15 bigdog1002

bigdog1002

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

I love this shot!!! Each time okc tried to close the gap, and drop to single digit point difference, LBJ hit a big shot.... Tellin' the okc folks to get back to their seats and stop meaningless yellin' around...

Broken link? I can't get the image to show.. on the Westbrook post either

#16 Heat.com

Heat.com

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • LocationFl

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Workin for me^^ Big win for the Heat. Big win.
SIGNATURE REMOVED
Reduce image size.