Photo

Cleveland Cavaliers at Miami HEAT Official Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Cleveland Cavaliers Previews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Joe Murphy)

The Miami HEAT return home tonight to take on the Cleveland Cavaliers. The HEAT (39-14) have won 10 games in a row, a season high. Tip off is set for 6 PM; coverage on Sun Sports starts at 5:30 PM.

1: Why did it take All-Star Weekend for everyone to catch on to how good Kyrie Irving is?

Couper Moorhead: While anyone who uses Twitter to accentuate their NBA viewing has known about Irving for quite some time, the majority of casual fans still don’t purchase League Pass – and since Irving missed a huge chunk of his one year in college as well, he simply missed out on nationally televised exposure up until last weekend. Some are jumping ahead a little too quickly to anoint him as one of the very, very best point guards in the league – he is fantastic, but not without flaws – but guys like Irving that play entertaining, efficient, winning basketball deserve attention, especially with so much underserved hyperbole tossed about in this league.

Danny Martinez: For the casual fan, there seems to be a lag period before a player is truly appreciated. The last two seasons, the Cavaliers haven’t had many nationally televised games, so it was hard for Irving to get serious exposure. Well, that’s changed now. Irving is one of the best players in the league and is only 20 years old. All-Star Weekend wasn’t a surprise to those who follow NBA action every night on twitter, but it still served as Irving’s coming out party. He’s a treat to watch and the thought that he’s this good this fast is scary.

2: The Cavaliers took some grief last year for their selection of Tristan Thompson, but has he looked better this season?

Couper: Thompson’s greatest issue last season was that he simply couldn’t make a shot, but even then he had good rebounding and activity (offensive boards, blocks) rates. Now he’s catching and finishing around the rim with consistency and even has a few touch shots in the 4-10 foot range he can go to. Defense is another story entirely, but Thompson has at the very least shown that he has both talent and the drive to improve his play.

Danny: Thompson’s season really took off when Anderson Varejao went out injury. Thompson had always posted strong rebounding numbers, but even they jumped to another level when he started to receive more playing time. Offensively, Thompson is scoring more efficiently than last season. He’s still not a finished project on that end, but the improvement has been promising. Thompson’s growth in just two seasons portends good things for the Cavaliers moving forward.

3: Is there anything left for the HEAT to prove in the regular season?

Couper: There are always going to be people that hold a regular season record against a team like the Knicks – in third place in the East now behind Indiana – against the HEAT, but I don’t know what else the HEAT can possibly prove until the playoffs roll around. If you know where to look and have been paying attention the defense has shown up at a playoff level in spurts, the offense is world beating and nobody is playing the type of heavy minutes that should worry anyone about fatigue. We’ve always known that they just need to get to mid-April healthy, but even the toughest to please out there don’t have much to nit-pick these days.

Danny: No, not really. Over the course of the season, there has been chatter that the HEAT defense had fallen off, that the HEAT struggled to win on the road and that the HEAT struggled too much on the glass to have a chance to repeat. None of which were really true, but space had to be filled. This most recent 10-game winning streak should put an end to the worries as the HEAT have played great basketball, on both ends of the floor, at home and on the road. The only place left to prove anything is the postseason. We’ll get there soon enough.

#2 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

The Dinosaur better step up 2 night,hes been playing like a girl lately.

tumblr_mvhkk5n8bj1rfimo0o1_400.gif                           

#3 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

The Dinosaur better step up 2 night,hes been playing like a girl lately.

This is the worst comment of the season.

#4 Durant Sucks MVpothead

Durant Sucks MVpothead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • LocationNon bandwagon previews and recaps

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

The irony of King James beating his cavs. I don't know the rumors about him returning to that team. Bet he won't for few more years. Not unless they've had great signings and a 52 or so wins on some other year which I doubt. He'll come up 40 points or more tonight: 40 points, 12 rebounds, 8 or 9 assists. Some of the Heat should be tired. Get some minutes off Lewis.

#5 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Not a fan of road-home back 2 backs..

(NEW SIG HERE SOON)

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#6 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

This is the worst comment of the season.

Stay in ur lane.

tumblr_mvhkk5n8bj1rfimo0o1_400.gif                           

#7 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,080 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

It's only vs the Cavs but I'm still excited to go to the game :D Hopefully D Wade has another big game.

#8 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

interesting, I thought everyone had already caught on to how good Kyrie is before the All-Star weekend. Between his Rookie of the Year, game winning shots, highlights on Sportscenter, the Uncle Drew commercials, I thought he has had pretty coverage. Everyone I talk to is pretty familiar with his game but maybe its just me.
1zg3qc8.jpg

#9 LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Put LeBron on Kyrie and its game over.
Posted Image

#10 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Stay in ur lane.

This is my highway. But really, insulting any player by using a "girl" reference is weak. It's 2013, we should be past that by now. Also, Bosh has had one bad game during the 10 game win streak, the Atlanta game.

#11 305 Till I Die

305 Till I Die

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMiami,FL

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

there u go danny haha being a boss ;)

2d6fit.jpg

#12 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

OMG what a start with that FURIOUS DUNK

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#13 G-Manny

G-Manny

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

this cavs team play a lot better than what their record shows

#14 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

lol getting destroyed without varejao

#15 G-Manny

G-Manny

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

it's amazing how well the heat are playing

#16 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

LeGod Dunkathon

#17 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I can't complain about any of the starting 5 lately. just tremendous basketball!
1zg3qc8.jpg

#18 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

DP & TD Jizzin on Rio's deep 3

#19 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Kaboom town!!
1zg3qc8.jpg

#20 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Its raining 3s in Miami

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD