40 replies to this topic

#1 Heat D

Heat D

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

No one knows the present condition of Oden except for Greg Oden himself, his doctor, trainer and the teams interested. So I'm not going to speculate but only hope that this kid can see the court again and hopefully with our Miami Heat, it's a shame because this kid was a Beast in college. Love to see him get a chance in Miami , he has a great situation down here where he doesn't have to be everything all at once and could be a good role player in post season, even if it's just 6-8 minutes a game blocking shots and rebounding. We should check him out !

#2 BBall

BBall

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Only place he should go is PHX, only place he stands a chance of staying healthy.

#3 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

^^^ Cleveland Clinic is also top of the world class in sports medicine.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#4 Takashi

Takashi

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWade County

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

If Oden doesn't come to Miami there are other options

lebronjam.gif

#5 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

He should sign in Cleveland.
Posted Image

#6 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Everybody says, "they wanna go to Miami", but in the end they won't....

#7 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Finally we are taking Oden's knee to south beach. Goodluck!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Danny, 27 February 2013 - 11:15 AM.
Removed inappropriate picture.

A bit of the 2008 lighthearted Beasley came out when he joked that he couldn't bring himself to watch the Heat during any of their last three runs to the NBA Finals. "You know that's a lie," Beasley cracked before instantly shifting into a more somber, serious tone. "You get hungry. Especially when you see your old team get there three times in a row -- all three years you weren't here. You get mad. But you channel that anger. You put it into basketball. And that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

#8 z3rOoOo

z3rOoOo

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

ahahah..LOL at TPAM...

"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often an illusion" - Michael Jordan

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2251475/lebronkingjam.gif

#9 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

More rumors.

http://www.insidehoo...m/blog/?p=12664

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#10 Kid Clutch

Kid Clutch

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Location'Merica

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

If Oden had stayed healthy, he would have been a superstar. Consider this...Oden made Durant a second draft pick in every one's eyes.

#11 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

More rumors.

Yeah i saw that... at least there is a mutual attraction. the fact he's waiting until summer bodes well IMO, because then we can use mini MLE to match or come closer to Cleveland offer. It sounds like Riley's been in closer communication with Oden camp all along than what has been publicly disclosed.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#12 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

More rumors.

Hell NO, NO MO', NO...MORE!!!!!!! In this case you'd better stay with your current supporting cast-gramps-squad

#13 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

Signing Oden is tantamount to fail treadmill IMO
Posted Image

A bit of the 2008 lighthearted Beasley came out when he joked that he couldn't bring himself to watch the Heat during any of their last three runs to the NBA Finals. "You know that's a lie," Beasley cracked before instantly shifting into a more somber, serious tone. "You get hungry. Especially when you see your old team get there three times in a row -- all three years you weren't here. You get mad. But you channel that anger. You put it into basketball. And that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

#14 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Signing Oden is tantamount to fail treadmill IMO
Posted Image

LMAO

This would be true if we had to invest deeply, but all things considered... I doubt Riley would jump into Oden unless price was right and our training staff was 100% certain his health has recovered. He's taken enough time off to get his body right. Wherever he lands he will make an impact... even if limited role. Unless someone like Dalembert, Kwame or JJ Hickson is willing to take mini-MLE... or if we can get Tony Allen or Shannon Brown... then I am more than happy to bring Oden on board... especially if Andersen is coming back on board.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#15 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

LMAO

This would be true if we had to invest deeply, but all things considered... I doubt Riley would jump into Oden unless price was right and our training staff was 100% certain his health has recovered. He's taken enough time off to get his body right. Wherever he lands he will make an impact... even if limited role. Unless someone like Dalembert, Kwame or JJ Hickson is willing to take mini-MLE... or if we can get Tony Allen or Shannon Brown... then I am more than happy to bring Oden on board... especially if Andersen is coming back on board.

But its a waste of time brother his broken knees are already done. Believe me Im in medical field and with his body proportion putting pressure on his junk knees he's already finished, it will just recur over and over again. I know how great he is in his college years but **** happens man his injured knees was just very unfortunate for him.

#16 SG-Three

SG-Three

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

I agree with not signing Greg Oden. His knees are weak, and it will never be okay. The Heat should find and sign someone who can stay healthy and productive. Definitely, not Oden.

33-41776-F.jpg

#17 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

But its a waste of time brother his broken knees are already done. Believe me Im in medical field and with his body proportion putting pressure on his junk knees he's already finished, it will just recur over and over again. I know how great he is in his college years but **** happens man his injured knees was just very unfortunate for him.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your medical practice?

I'm not a doctor but I have studied preliminary years at Parker Chiropractic college in Dallas before I shifted fields to pursue instead filmmaking & career in entertainment. My old study partner graduated with top marks and currently has a top practice in Phoenix where he works and consults with the Suns, Diamondbacks and Coyotes. I've had this discussion with him regarding Oden and how the Blazers medical staff misdiagnosed him at the start rushing him into surgery and also outdated ineffective treatment. From what I understand the diagnosis that Oden received ignored the major fact that his hips were out if alignment... putting undue stress on his right knee which was shorter... then being rushed into micro fracture surgery without correcting his hip placement... he sustained foot injury next season and then chipped his right kneecap in a collision... those two injuries were consequence of bad luck... but the injury that followed was circumstance of bad sports medicine which should have been corrected before his first surgery. Because his hips were never put into alignment, his first injury on his right knee caused him to put undue pressure on his left, leading to a fractured left patella and later a preventative micro fracture surgery on the same knee.

Had the training staff originally caught the root structural problem to Oden's hips, it is most likely his left knee would have been spared excessive damage he sustained and likely his right knee would have been minimized and healed properly. He then later went through the platelet enrichment after a follow up micro fracture minor process to scrape scar tissue to eliviate pain he was experiencing. This was a precautionary surgery that was recommended by Portland staff which at this point wanted to just write off his contract to medical insurance so that the team could clear itself under cap expenditures.

IMO Portland medical staff should be sued for malpractice... not only for Oden, but for how they akso mishandled Brandon Roy and Darius Miles in similar fashion. That organization even went out of their way to try prevent Miles from making an NBA comeback so that they could clear his contract on a forced medical retirement. They bad mouthed his character around the league to other GM's and even made threats against teams who wanted to sign him until the Grizzlies forced the issue snd gave him a comeback. Now LeMarcus Aldridge is experiencing knee issues, and they also have had dubious history with other players getting injured. Including Joel Pryzbilla and Travis Outlaw. Is this all co-incidence? Or is their something fishy with Blazers medical staff using outdated method of evaluating injuries. One could argue that they've been cursed since Bill Walton to Sam Bowie... but the rash of injuries in recent years has been suspect... and I'm inclined to believe that if Oden had instead been drafted by the Phoenix Suns, he would be enjoying a relatively healthy career right now,

If you don't agree with my assessment from a distance (I've never personally examined Greg, nor neither has my friend... but it is not a well kept secret that Portland's medical staff is a bit suspect in their methods in comparison to some other leading medical staffs). But here is an interesting article from the independent kinesiologist who did examine both Oden and Roy and who's diagnosis and recommendation was ignored by the team and it's staff.

http://zigsports.wor...-what-happened/

If the Orthokine treatments and full rest have allowed his tissue and ligaments to heal fully, combined with correcting his gait and the stress load on his knees... then Greg should be able to make a healthy comeback. It's not guaranteed... but look at how productive players like Amare, KMart, Jason Kidd, Antonio McDyess and others who've had micro fracture surgery. After two years of recovery time there has been recovery rate which have allowed them to resume their careers at a competetive level. Granted not at the level of before their surguries, but still at high level if success. Hopefully Greg gets the same shot.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#18 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Oden, who is continuing to rehab in Columbus, Ohio, where he had played at Ohio State, isn’t ready yet to play this season anyway. Conley Sr. had looked into the possibility of Oden signing with a team for rehab purposes, but he said no team stepped up with an offer. “I would say if I had to put money on it that he wouldn’t do anything until this summer,’’ Conley Sr. said. “It doesn’t make sense now because teams will have a better idea of where they stand financially in the summer and Greg isn’t able yet to work out with teams …. If a team stepped up with an offer that made it worthwhile (for Oden to sign later this season), that would be great. But we’ll probably hold off until the summer.’’

Guess the Cleveland rumors were all nonsense.... Seems the Heat were interested but signed Howard instead. Probably based on that minute possibility of both Haslem and Bosh going down.

#19 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Nice Doc Meriachi and damn nice field you got their man filmmaking and entertaining stuffs...Guess you're filthy rich bro.haha. Im still in my pre med and hopefully subspec cranio later. I know havent really dig up Greg Oden's knee status but I think he is suffering what we called severe Unhappy triad. It will just recur from time to time with the body proportion he has with weak knees. No need to explain further coz obviously you know the patho of this. Well I guess my assessment is just skeptical coz havn't done any labs on Oden.

#20 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Nice Doc Meriachi and damn nice field you got their man filmmaking and entertaining stuffs...Guess you're filthy rich bro.haha. Im still in my pre med and hopefully subspec cranio later. I know havent really dig up Greg Oden's knee status but I think he is suffering what we called severe Unhappy triad. It will just recur from time to time with the body proportion he has with weak knees. No need to explain further coz obviously you know the patho of this. Well I guess my assessment is just skeptical coz havn't done any labs on Oden.

I'm a firm believer in good chiropractic and neuroscience to correct skeletal issues. I've seen it work miracles on injuries that were problematic and considered untreatable. In NBA we have witnessed this with both Shaq and Grant Hill who's injuries were considered career threatening until they landed in Phoenix. Shaq in particular is a good example because it was a hip correction that changed his weight load and allowed him to extend his career. Had he been more dedicated and self disciplined he probably could of played a few more years. The key for Oden is to get to know his own body science and retrain himself on the feel of proper alignment once it is corrected. I am assuming this is part of the reason why he hasn't been rushing back to NBA and has been spending a lot of time in Cleveland which has one of the most progressive sports clinics in the world. He has been in good hands since he left Portland.

On a side note, Shaq is a good example of someone who has sustained a lot of injuries and missed a considerable amount of games, but still had a highly productive career... being healthy during play-offs runs by being given time off during regular season grinds to keep healthy and recover. On the right team, Oden could have a similar big game impact and lighter regular season load. The Heat are one such team who can afford to use him this way and he has the IQ to thrive in this system without heavy usage to fully grasp Spo's system and where he would best be utilized. It would be a season long process to get him up to speed, but I think the rewards greatly outweigh the risks especially if Dwight returns to dominance next season for the Lakers that we might be able to use an Oden come play-offs time as our main competition makes adjustments to any holes in our roster. That and signing him would keep him out of the Celtics hands.

Also if Amare had wound up drafted to th Blazers with his same knee issues, he probably would have been out of the league a long time ago with similar issues. If you want another example of the difference between great sports medicine and what Oden received. But that might just be my opinion. I'm not a doctor. Also to answer your question on entertainment career, it isn't as financially lucrative as it sounds... sometimes there is a big payday, but that doesn't last long. It's more about chasing creative passions and if the money arrives for your efforts it is bonus. I know a lot of people who were millionaires a few years ago who now aren't. I never have been, but have got to travel and see a lot of the world and meet a lot of exceptional people in the process. It is what it is. Any field you chose is highly competetive with a lot of blinding brilliance at the top if the ladder. Only the top percentage make a consistent living worth bragging about. Not unlike pro sports or even building a successful medical practice... there is a lot of out of pocket investments and huge time commitments before you get to that place where currency flows into the black and you reach your high earning years. Even then that window can always be shorter than expected, so invest in your healthy lifestyle and never take for granted the income you do make when it finally arrives.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users