Photo

Sacramento Kings at Miami HEAT Official Game Thread and Preview

Miami HEAT Sacramento Kings Previews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
163 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Mike Ehrmann)

The Miami HEAT host the Sacramento Kings tonight at AmericanAirlines Arena. The HEAT (40-14) beat the Kings (19-38) first matchup of the season, putting up the finest offensive display in team history. The HEAT have won 11 straight overall. Tip off is set for 7:30 PM; coverage on Sun Sports begins at 7 PM.

1: How did Miami blow out the Kings in January, and how much of it is repeatable?

Couper: The HEAT aren’t going to lose too many games when Mario Chalmers hits 10 threes, but that isn’t likely to happen again, either. Miami was simply able to get whatever it wanted to get on offense, assisting on nearly 80 percent of their baskets, and on the other end the Kings were relegated to rushed, dribble-happy offense. Basically, it was the same as Miami’s victory over the 76ers the other evening.

Danny: I don’t think we’ll see Mario Chalmers tie the team record for three-pointers again, but the big picture is still encouraging for the HEAT. The game in Sacramento was the HEAT’s highest offensive efficiency in team history. They got the looks they wanted all night long. Recently, it’s been much of the same, including when the HEAT have played tougher defenses than the Kings will present. So in a sense, much of the first game is repeatable in that the HEAT will probably get a similar shot distribution. However, I’d expect to see the conversion rate drop some.

2: What type of team fares better against Miami, Good Offense-Bad Defense or Bad Offense-Good Defense?

Couper: Good defense will always stand a better chance, because unless you’re a truly elite offense, you probably don’t have a chance to keep up with Miami’s efficiency pace if you don’t have a good system to rely on. The better your defense, the more you can slow the game down, take away shots the HEAT want to get and hope that on the other end, a couple of players will catch fire and hit enough shots to sustain you, at least for one evening. The Kings, we should note, are last in the league in defensive efficiency.

Danny: Good defense-bad offense. There are so many variables on offense that are hard to account for. On any given night in the league, a player gets hot and sets a career high. It’s not necessarily sustainable, but in a one-game sample you don’t need sustainable. So if a team has a strong defensive foundation, they can find a way to get the requisite offense. The other end of the spectrum can still win games against the HEAT, but the HEAT are so good offensively that it makes things much more difficult.

#2 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,865 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Man if RIO can reproduce his first outing of this match-up, MIAMI chances will be on the positive side for sure. Let's see if MIAMI can keep this train rolling...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#3 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Normally I would say this is an easy win but after watching he last game I'm not ready to say that lol
1zg3qc8.jpg

#4 305 Till I Die

305 Till I Die

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationMiami,FL

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

going to the game so i hope i can bring back some aesome pics for u guys

2d6fit.jpg

#5 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

With Birdman doing his stuffs sky is the limit FTW...

Posted Image

A bit of the 2008 lighthearted Beasley came out when he joked that he couldn't bring himself to watch the Heat during any of their last three runs to the NBA Finals. "You know that's a lie," Beasley cracked before instantly shifting into a more somber, serious tone. "You get hungry. Especially when you see your old team get there three times in a row -- all three years you weren't here. You get mad. But you channel that anger. You put it into basketball. And that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

#6 Durant Sucks MVpothead

Durant Sucks MVpothead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts
  • LocationNon bandwagon previews and recaps

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

What can I say. Pretty much give away by a bad defensive team. We can match their offense from either threes or attack mode or both.

#7 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

@IraHeatBeat: Shane Battier out with tightness in his hamstrings.
Posted Image

#8 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

@IraHeatBeat: Shane Battier out with tightness in his hamstrings.

No worries birdman comes to the rescue...

A bit of the 2008 lighthearted Beasley came out when he joked that he couldn't bring himself to watch the Heat during any of their last three runs to the NBA Finals. "You know that's a lie," Beasley cracked before instantly shifting into a more somber, serious tone. "You get hungry. Especially when you see your old team get there three times in a row -- all three years you weren't here. You get mad. But you channel that anger. You put it into basketball. And that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

#9 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,865 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Almost showtime my fellow HEAT fans. I'm curious about what squad show up tonight. MIAMI really need to blow these guys out in order to get some extra rest to prepare for the Grizzs. MIAMI must take care of the Kings 1st, although...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#10 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

No worries birdman comes to the rescue...

Meh, I'd rather see more Rashard and Joel.
Posted Image

#11 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Meh, I'd rather see more Rashard and Joel.

Please no

#12 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Chat anyone?

#13 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Chat anyone?

Link anyone?

On phone.
Posted Image

#14 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

This is gonna be a tough game Cousins and Thomas are gonna wreak havock and if they get 3 ball support Spurs could put up numbers. Thomas is a beauty by the way.

Please, post the signature one more time...

#15 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Great layup Wade...smh
Posted Image

#16 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Wade was looking for the foul on that SMH....

#17 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Or Bron

Please, post the signature one more time...

#18 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,164 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Nice hustle Wade.

#19 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend