Photo

Kings 129 - HEAT 141 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Sacramento Kings Recaps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Issac Baldizon)

The Miami HEAT survived 141-129 in double overtime against the Sacramento Kings. The win pushed the HEAT's winning streak to 12 games, which ties for the second longest streak in team history. The HEAT have two days off before they host the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday night.

Impact Performance of the Night: The HEAT finally found their groove in the second overtime and LeBron James was in control during the period. James either scored or assisted on every HEAT point in the period, 17 in all. James hit a pair of huge jumpers in the second overtime that have the HEAT a six point lead.

The Deciding Run: The HEAT looked to have the game in hand at multiple points of the fourth quarter and first overtime. However, the Kings continued to make shots and keep things going. In the second overtime the HEAT finally pulled away, winning the period 17-5. A quick 7-0 spurt in under two minutes that was spurred by a Dwyane Wade block and James three-pointer was the true deciding run.

Play of the Game: The Kings trailed the HEAT by one at 128-127 when Marcus Thornton was able to steal a HEAT pass. Thornton looked to finish the layup when Wade came flying in and blocked the attempt. Ray Allen secured the rebound, got the ball back to Wade who threw a hit-ahead pass to James who nailed a three. What could have been a one-point deficit became a four point lead.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 121.0; Defensive Efficiency: 117.9

Trend to Watch: In the two overtime periods the HEAT were able to generate good looks for Chris Bosh, Wade and James. This season, when things slow down in crunch time the HEAT have been able to get efficient offensive looks. Tonight, that was still the case. Bosh, Wade and James scored all 29 points for the HEAT in overtime. Of the 29 points, 20 came in the restricted area or at the free throw line. Efficiency like that is tough to beat. While the Kings were making contested jumpers, the HEAT were getting layups and dunks.

The Takeaway: That was fun. The HEAT and Kings traded blows throughout the second half and into the overtime periods. The 141 points scored by the HEAT ties a franchise high and the 270 combined points sets the new franchise high. If you like points, you liked this game. While the defensive execution wasn’t great for the HEAT, they were still forcing the Kings into plenty of tough looks and at the end Wade’s block was the play of the game. Not every game goes according to plan. When one careens off the tracks like this it’s tough to know which direction it will go in. Tonight, the HEAT found a way to win and score a boatload of points. The winning streak marches on.

Notes: Dwyane Wade scored 39 points, grabbed eight rebounds and dished out seven assists. Ray Allen scored 21 points off of the bench. Chris Bosh finished with 15 points, eight rebounds and four blocked shots. Shane Battier was inactive.

Infographic:

Posted Image

#2 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

these bastards sent my heart rate through the roof these past two games though I expect more of the same in the next two. If they win the next two, this streak is hitting 18!
1zg3qc8.jpg

#3 helen heat lover

helen heat lover

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

it seems the kings put in their very best against the heat. The problem for them is that Lebron showed them the king of the kings in basketball is Miami heat.

#4 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

i would have kept Marcus Thornton over than that second overall pick called Almario Chalmers :rolleyes:
The real GOAT :wub: :ph34r:

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#5 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

Living Legend

• Moderators
  • 5,067 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

i would have kept Marcus Thornton over than that second overall pick called Almario Chalmers :rolleyes:
The real GOAT :wub: :ph34r:

second overall pick?

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

#6 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

second round pick my bad

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#7 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I've always been a fan of lil buckets.

~

Anyways, after a pretty unimpressive January, the Heat came back strong in February winning 12 of its 13 games in the month. Not bad Miami!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#8 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,553 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

these bastards sent my heart rate through the roof these past two games though I expect more of the same in the next two. If they win the next two, this streak is hitting 18!

LMFAO
Bro they be doing the same stuff with me. I was almost depressed last year during the Indy series. I'm placing bets and these dudes were looking crazy out there. Lol
Posted Image

#9 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

A game of many emotions, nice win...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#10 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

LMFAO
Bro they be doing the same stuff with me. I was almost depressed last year during the Indy series. I'm placing bets and these dudes were looking crazy out there. Lol

I was terrified before Game 6 against Boston. This whole Big 3 experiment looked dead at that point haha
1zg3qc8.jpg