Photo

HEAT 108 - Raptors 91 Game Recap and Infographic

Miami HEAT Toronto Raptors Recap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

All-NBA

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Posted Image
(Photo Credit: Ron Turenne)

The Miami HEAT used a strong fourth quarter to pull away from the Toronto Raptors on Sunday afternoon. The victory is the HEAT's 22nd in a row, which ties for the second longest streak in NBA history. The HEAT look to number 23 tomorrow against the Boston Celtics.

Impact Performance of the Night: Dwyane Wade has been on a tear over the course of the HEAT’s winning streak. He kept it up today, finishing with 24 points, nine assists and three rebounds. When Wade was on the floor, the HEAT outscored the Raptors by 30 points, a team high. Wade shot 75 percent from the floor, helped by 8-of-10 shooting in the painted area.

The Deciding Run: The Raptors erased a large HEAT lead and tied the game at 77 just one minute into the fourth quarter. From that point on, the HEAT dominated. Over the last 11 minutes of play, the HEAT outscored the Raptors 28-4. The closing run was one of the HEAT’s finest runs of the season.

Play of the Game: The long lob highlights keep on coming. This time is was Norris Cole finding Dwyane Wade over two Toronto Raptors defenders for an alley oop. Both Cole’s pass and Wade’s finish were on point. It’s can be easy to take these plays for granted when they happen so often, but search around the league and you’ll find that nobody does it quite like the HEAT.

Quote of the Day: “Open the door, Shane, we’re here.” – LeBron James on the HEAT joining the 2009 Rockets with 22 straight wins.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 120.3; Defensive Efficiency: 99.7

Trend to Watch: The HEAT got outrebounded by 21, but still got the win. Traditional rebound margin is a highly flawed statistic and today’s game is an example as to why. The HEAT shot the ball well enough to have the rebounding not matter. The Raptors missed 52 shots, giving them a number of offensive rebounding opportunities. The HEAT just missed 26 shots. The HEAT remain unorthodox and their ability to win games in a variety of ways is unique. Today’s win may be more impressive than the win over the Timberwolves earlier this season because the HEAT didn’t force nearly as many turnovers.

The Takeaway: Once. That’s the number of teams in NBA history to have longer winning streaks than the HEAT’s current 22-game game streak. The HEAT locked up their 22nd straight victory with a fourth quarter that may be the finest of the season. The Raptors manage four points over the last 11 minutes while the HEAT scored almost at will. The superlative well has just about run dry at this point. Today’s victory is another nice road win in what has been a remarkable run.

Notes: LeBron James finished with 22 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists. Chris Bosh added 18 points. Ray Allen scored 20 points off of the bench. Juwan Howard and Jarvis Varnado were inactive.

Infographic:

Posted Image

Party City HEAT Win:

Posted Image

#2 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,894 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Open the door, Shane, we’re here.” – LeBron James

"I've been waiting for you." - Shane Battier

lol

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#3 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

it was a great team effort and it's really good to see Wade maintening his high level !

The spurt was done with guard Dwyane Wade being the only starter on the court. He was joined in the lineup by Ray Allen, Chris Andersen, Norris Cole and Shane Battier.

"I take pride in it," Wade said. "I think the Atlanta game [March 12], the second quarter I think we were like minus 11. I was [ticked off] that the team that I look and say, `This is my unit.' I take it upon myself when we're out there for four or fives minutes to try to keep the same or try to be a plus."'

Give credit to the second unit tonight !

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#4 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

31 Assists on 39 FG made is my favorite stat of the game. That's crazy.
Posted Image

#5 Wuchuhurd

Wuchuhurd

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Looks like we're finally going to get a new player of the month lol

10wl185.jpg

#6 TrapStar3

TrapStar3

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

Looks like we're finally going to get a new player of the month lol

You mean the LeBron James player of the month
Lol :D

#7 michael_beasy_beasley

michael_beasy_beasley

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • LocationAlcatraz

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

I'll give it to Ray Allen who was relentless in his 3point esque somewhere in 4q IMO singlehandedly balloond our lead wen raps tied us

A bit of the 2008 lighthearted Beasley came out when he joked that he couldn't bring himself to watch the Heat during any of their last three runs to the NBA Finals. "You know that's a lie," Beasley cracked before instantly shifting into a more somber, serious tone. "You get hungry. Especially when you see your old team get there three times in a row -- all three years you weren't here. You get mad. But you channel that anger. You put it into basketball. And that's what I'm looking forward to doing."

#8 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Great win, impressive 4th qtr :wub:. If MIAMI plays games like the played the 4th qtr, night-night to the competition :ph34r:. Congrats on keeping the streak alive, now get that sweet 23rd...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#9 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD