Photo

Basketball VS Hockey

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

So I posted these in another thread trying to prove a point about girls in sports, but I really thought this deserved it's own thread...

Basketball is "Cute" right? If you want, post up some videos on this thread showing how you think basketball and hockey compare.

Please, post the signature one more time...

#2 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'm gonna say though, I havn't missed a Heat game all year, but I've only watched like 3 hockey games. Of course come playoffs I'll be watching allot of hockey too, but I LOVE BASKETBALL and hockey.

#3 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:38 AM

Basketball gets one extra point because you can actually see the players. It makes it easier to get to know them. Whereas hockey unless you really know the guys mannerisms, it's hard to establish the same kind of thing. It's just harder to know the players. They are covered in so much equipment, visors, helmets, you really only get to know the core guys... whereas on the heat I know every player and all their mannerisms, etc. But the Oilers I might know 10 of the 20 guys without reading the name on their back or seeing the number.

#4 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

My brother Skip Bayless is that a working therapy thread ???

Anyway i cheer with you Bro

Posted Image

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#5 baller9sm

baller9sm

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Oilers. Rough time to be their fan eh? To think they almost had the eighth seed. Such a heart breaker.

#6 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Oilers. Rough time to be their fan eh? To think they almost had the eighth seed. Such a heart breaker.

They are a tough team to cheer for I'll tell you that much. Oh well, can't wait for some 'ol time hockey come playoffs. I'm still ABC anyone but Canucks :P Maybe I'll jump on the Montreal bandwagon, either way I'd like a Canadian team to win it for the first time in FOREVER... As long as it's not the Canucks! Who is your team?

#7 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

My brother Skip Bayless is that a working therapy thread ???

Anyway i cheer with you Bro

It's like a therapy thread because I want to be a basket ball fan, but I still want to feel masculine, you know? :lol: So, my brother Steve Smith, what do you think of all those vicious hockey hits in the video? Isn't it unreal? I love that video, but some of those hits are seriously like an assault... Scott Stevens on Paul Kariya is like the worst... good thing he is retired. Scott Stevens was too brutal sometimes! The good thing is they crack down on the hits to the head more now, since Sidney Crosby the biggest star keeps getting his bell rung and his career will end with just a few more concussions. But if you wanna see the BEAUTY of the game, you must watch this one... tell me if you think it's not beautiful!

#8 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Beautiful video indeed ! i always liked the russian touch, i used to appreciate Mister Fedorov when he played for the Red wings !
i prefered much more the NHL games than the NBA on my PS3

#9 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Beautiful video indeed ! i always liked the russian touch, i used to appreciate Mister Fedorov when he played for the Red wings !
i prefered much more the NHL games than the NBA on my PS3

I liked Fedorov too... but Mr. Smith you never cease to impress! Never knew you had such eclectic tastes, I underestimated you again! :P I'm glad you appreciate "our little game of hockey"... i'm sure not too many "Marokos" or Parisians can say that! PS what is the back story on that GIF up there on this thread? Well... good morning... it's time for bed here ;) You staying up for the game tonight????? I'm sure the Heat are done ripping the fans and maybe play with LBJ------ ha ha ;)

Edited by 0, 12 April 2013 - 01:42 AM.

#10 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:56 AM

Sorry Bro, i am going to London with my precious for the week-end :P
Take care of our Board and feed the troll B)

i have to go i am late !

#11 baller9sm

baller9sm

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

They are a tough team to cheer for I'll tell you that much. Oh well, can't wait for some 'ol time hockey come playoffs. I'm still ABC anyone but Canucks :P Maybe I'll jump on the Montreal bandwagon, either way I'd like a Canadian team to win it for the first time in FOREVER... As long as it's not the Canucks! Who is your team?

Oilers. Gotta cheer for the home team. Haha

#12 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

HOCKEY GETS A PLUS ONE... for not "RESTING" healthy players for playoffs. That is some WEAK *** DIVA ****, never seen or heard of by ANY self respecting athlete. NBA however is full of DIVAS who need to "rest". You would NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS SEE THAT DONE BY A HOCKEY PLAYER IF HE IS HEALTHY. It's all about pride and respecting the fans. SORRY NBA, but this particular point goes to hockey.

#13 KKinsey

KKinsey

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

HOCKEY GETS A PLUS ONE... for not "RESTING" healthy players for playoffs. That is some WEAK *** DIVA ****, never seen or heard of by ANY self respecting athlete. NBA however is full of DIVAS who need to "rest". You would NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS SEE THAT DONE BY A HOCKEY PLAYER IF HE IS HEALTHY. It's all about pride and respecting the fans. SORRY NBA, but this particular point goes to hockey.

Hockey players average around 15 minutes on the ice tho, where as basketball players play close to 35-40 minutes a game without as many breaks inbetween. So bball players have to be in way better shape.
Posted Image

#14 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hockey players average around 15 minutes on the ice tho, where as basketball players play close to 35-40 minutes a game without as many breaks inbetween. So bball players have to be in way better shape.

I've heard that for soccer vs. hockey too, and you may well be right. I would say conditioning at that PRO level is equally important for both sports because it's people competing for their jobs... they have to remain elite athletes no matter what.

NHLers go out for 1 minute shifts and often rely more on for more anaerobic than aerobic. But you gotta think of defensemen like Doughty who are playing 27 mins a game, and will see upwards of 30 come playoffs.

I will give you this though, Kinsey... the superior athletes MAY be in the NBA. And I've said this before, think what guys like Wade and Bron could have done on the ice. We just don't have very many guys QUITE that athletic in the NHL, though there's a few like Iggy in his prime or Lindros who may have been close. I'll give a plus one to NBA for having possibly the superior athletes. Wade especially, he's like the prototype of the ultimate hockey player's build.

#15 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

In NHL it's more intense because of the a tight rotation you have to give it all, in a basketball you can sleep in a corner and resting if you are tired. And the contact are way more important in NHL despite the equipment , one second of loss concentration and can kiss the balustrade

#16 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

Skip B, nice vids. I'm not a hockey fan, but after watching those clips, I may have to tune in and watch a few games. Those hits are borderline criminal :o, ande the stick work by Pavel was awesome B). I'm definitely going to tune in, thanks...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#17 Maroko

Maroko

Hall of Famer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

To be honest, i didnt know much about that Pavel Datsiyk but man he is just incredible ! This is why i always appreciate the Red wings but they managed to mix the North American players with the Europeans players (Swedish (Niklas Lidstrom, Ztterberg) and Russian mostly (Fedorov and Larionov)

I just watch every day that video, thank you Skip Bayless ! B)

#18 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Skip B, nice vids. I'm not a hockey fan, but after watching those clips, I may have to tune in and watch a few games. Those hits are borderline criminal :o, ande the stick work by Pavel was awesome B). I'm definitely going to tune in, thanks...TEAM HEAT since '88!

It's like a relgion to be honest with you :D Thanks for the reply at least you can appreciate the sport, I'm glad to hear that!

To be honest, i didnt know much about that Pavel Datsiyk but man he is just incredible ! This is why i always appreciate the Red wings but they managed to mix the North American players with the Europeans players (Swedish (Niklas Lidstrom, Ztterberg) and Russian mostly (Fedorov and Larionov)

I just watch every day that video, thank you Skip Bayless ! B)

I know right? I didn't actually appreciate Pavol that much either until I was doing some research... I wanted to showcase the best for you guys! That video is well put together, and the music I wish it was my soundtrack for me getting ready for my day LOL... it's actually me playing the guitar in that song :P

But I guess you have to give the Wings credit for going into Europe and coming up with gems... I mean Datsyuk was drafted by Detroit 178th overall, and now he's superstar status.

#19 3 Ringz

3 Ringz

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

I enjoy watching both sports, with being a true Wild fan and Heat fan, i watch Basketball way more often than i do hockey. I may watch 5 hockey games during the reg season at most, i don't really get into hockey until the playoffs start, which is right around the corner. I think hockey is more of a tougher sport to play than basketball, it takes more skill and energy to do, not taking anything away from basketball because that was my first sport i fell in love with but hockey looks really hard to play.
Posted Image

#20 Skip B

Skip B

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

Hockey has GOALIES (+1), I was one.

Patty Roy FLASHING THE LEATHER

patrick-roy-demand.jpg