#1 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,105 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I think we need an official thread to whine and complain about how bad our fans are, and how much better this team could be if they actually had a real crowd. I was thinking that the fans were becoming more punctual for these playoffs, and game 1 vs the Bucks, and game 1 vs the Bulls the arena looked OK during tipoff which is actually an amazing feat. 

However, during game 2 this happened, and it was completely embarrassing:

6iy4v5.png

vzuc1l.png

And coming back from the 3rd quarter. More than 3 minutes into the Quarter (with timeouts and everything) and still a lot of empty seats!

33w9sw8.png

Also, what was with that stupid hoe flipping Joakim Noah off right on his face? Very unclassy . Another reason I hate the fans that go to these games, because there are a lot of real fans who would go wild from Miami. Unfortunately, the drug lords and gold diggers who get those seats are not real fans. 

#2 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,137 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

Well, I agree with you that it's superbly annoying to watch the AAA empty at tip off and after halftime, to think fans like that drunk ho bag aren't in every arena is kinda misleading. lol

If LeBron James playing in that arena for three years now hasn't changed the fans that go to our games, then I don't know what will.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#3 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:00 PM

Well, I agree with you that it's superbly annoying to watch the AAA empty at tip off and after halftime, to think fans like that drunk ho bag aren't in every arena is kinda misleading. lol

If LeBron James playing in that arena for three years now hasn't changed the fans that go to our games, then I don't know what will.

I hadn't seen anything like the arena during the tipoff for game 2 vs the Bulls in a long time. It's always got some empty seats in the beginning of games, but this last game was just ... wow. That's bad...

#4 SlyB33r

SlyB33r

Deal With It (⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

Looking at these pictures makes me want to nitpick a few things. I for one think the AAA needs to remove those orange seats and replace them with the red seats just for continuity. Or just adopt all black seats. In playoff time when we adopt the white-hot look, the arena looks odd when there are empty seats and it's even worse with the orange sections because it stands out so much. Another thing is there are a lot of fans that don't wear white and so everything just looks meh.

I mean I don't want to force things on fans because they PAID for their seats so I guess they can dress however the hell they want. But come on, it's the damn playoffs! Get into the team spirit! Get loud! I think Maroko mentioned this before, but adopting the Brooklyn Nets type of arena lighting might also look very good. But I guess it's fine the way it is. I'm just being a picky bastard but stuff like this rubs me the wrong way. Got other things to think about. Like the Bulls series. lol

"Yeah, they got the worst fans. No question. It's not even loud in there. You're at the game and you are like, 'Man, this place isn't even loud.' At least when you go to Chicago, it's loud in there, it's crazy down in Dallas, but it's not even loud in Miami's arena." - Charles Barkley

Introducing the new Miami Heat shot clock. Now with 20% less cheese.runaway.gif

#5 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

Yeah I agree. Miami fans are notorious for arena apathy. At least color code the seats so they don't pop out when empty... or have an empty seat policy, that if you aren't there by game start that people in upper levels can come sit in your seat.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#6 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

Yeah I agree. Miami fans are notorious for arena apathy. At least color code the seats so they don't pop out when empty... or have an empty seat policy, that if you aren't there by game start that people in upper levels can come sit in your seat.

Nah, the latter idea would be too extreme, after all you are entitled to doing whatever you want with your seat since you paid for it. But yeah, the color of the arena really makes the empty seats stand out. The Cavaliers arena, for example, has a lot of empty seats but they don't stand out at all since they're all black. Even so, the color is part of what makes our arena pretty gorgeous, I think the orange coloring is unnecessary though. 

Since it would be politically incorrect to take something away from fans who don't get to their seat on time, I think encouraging them to be at their seat on time with benefits would be something to think about. I don't know how much it would work since most of them are very rich and wouldn't really care about a 25% discount at a fast food chain or something of the like. 

But it's just... odd. I mean , I live in S.Florida, the whole city loves the Heat, our TV ratings are through the roof (I believe they are the 3rd or 2nd highest in the league), the whole town's talking about the team, yet our arena has no energy whatsoever and late-arriving fans. There's a huge discrepancy in the "fandom" of those who can't afford to be at the best seats of the arena vs those who have the money to be there. That's the biggest problem, and unfortunately I think there is no solution for it. It's the culture of the rich people here. The rich people in NY, Chicago, etc. are different. Here they are mostly fake, plastic, "I'm renting a Ferrari for the day and am not really THAT rich but I'm gonna show off regardless" type of people. 

And that's the root of the problem, it's cultural and it can only be solved with a lot of time, as the population of Miami becomes more assimilated to American culture and learns there's nothing cool to getting late to games.

#7 jafet6

jafet6

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

im not from miami...im from puerto rico...but all the game i see in tv or internet the early one are the only ones that are not fully packed from the start...over the 8:00 pm mark they are full and weekend if they are playoffs game and in the early part of the day mostly are fulll...people has thing to do...like work, hair, showering etc...i dont see the big problem....

#8 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

Unfortunately, the drug lords and gold diggers who get those seats are not real fans....Here they are mostly fake, plastic, "I'm renting a Ferrari for the day and am not really THAT rich but I'm gonna show off regardless" type of people.

are you talking about Filomena?

http://sports.yahoo....-183142849.html
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#9 mrwormburn

mrwormburn

All-Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

^ That b*tch cray.

#10 cojacfar

cojacfar

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

Well, I live in Indiana.

The clinching game against the Hawks my Twitter was alight with $14 tickets to the game a few hours before tip-off. Unfortunately, I live 2 hours away or I would have gone for sure. $14!!! Least Miami has better attendance than the Pacers. 

#11 3 Ringz

3 Ringz

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

Compared to OKC, Golden State, Boston, and even freaking Orlando when they were contending, the Heat really don't have the best fans. I mean this is completely embarrassing because this is playoff time. I could care less if this was the regular season especially if they're playing a bad team but when it's the playoffs and practically the entire lower level is empty is very tough to take in. Miami has been always been like that though, there are normally a few empty seats at tipoff, that's at every arena but when the Heat's arena looks like the Bobcats' arena, it's very tough for me to defend Heat fans but i would still do it because i feel it's my fanbase and When people would say "Heat fans are the worst, they don't show up on time, most of their fanbase are bandwagon" I always try to say stupid **** to defend us like "When does showing up to the arena on time determines whether you're the biggest Heat fan of all time? There's other things to do in the arena and you act like the AAA is the only arena who doesn't have a full capacity at gametime, there's always a few empty seats and the Heat fans are bandwagon? So the Heat fans from 1988-2010 just disappeared? They were ghosts, true Heat fans never existed, nope 100% bandwagon? There are far more Heat haters than Heat bandwagoners, our attendance only increased 1,000 the year the big 3 formed so i'll give you that but we're 5th in attendance in 2005, 2006, 8th in 2007 and 5th in 2008 again (the year we went 15-67) and almost every one hated the Heat and were rooting against us so why would they switch from the Lakers to the Heat? Lakers and Celtics will always have them most bandwagon fans in history"

Sounds stupid i know but it really irritated me when people say no Heat fans like myself existed before 2010. I mean that's absolutely insane and when people try to discredit the fans by not showing up on time and i would defend them but there are times when i really can't. We honestly don't have the best overall fanbase, fans are cocky, classless and annoying which makes the true Heat fans look bad, which was the case i would make. Don't mix the cocky glory hunters with the real fans. True Heat fans are the best, they truly are and at one point, we did have a great fanbase. It was so loud in the Miami Arena and the first years into the AAA during the Zo/Hardaway/Brown/Mashburn era and when we made the playoffs in 04 in Wade's first season and the AAA was in a sea of black and the fans were roaring. When we switching to the white hot theme, it was the same way and it was kinda loud in 06 when we made that comeback in the finals but ever since then, our fanbase has been downgrading. There's more empty seats than full seats in the RS and sometimes in the playoffs.

The AAA still has it nights and it's one of the louder arenas in the NBA, especially in the playoffs but it's nowhere as loud as OKC, Golden State and Bosotn. Maybe i have a real explanation, maybe the die-hard true Heat fans are in the upper level seats while the tourists, bandwagoners and some true fans mixed in are at the upper level because i sat upper level and it was deafening and it wasn't a playoff game. I know the Heat has a lot of bandwagon fans, every teams does and since we won the championship last season, more started popping out of nowhere but i still believe that there are a lot of true Heat fans, including on this forum, who would still ride and die with their team.

Now back to the AAA. Like i said above, Miami has always been like that, there's always a few empty seats by the time the game starts but @#!*% the other night it was looking like we were playing the Raptors or some ish. That really does need to change because the AAA has it nights when it's the loudest arena in the NBA and those empty seats makes the fanbase look bad, despite the times i was in denial about it. We don't have the best fans who represents Heat nation so we'll just have to work with the ones who does represent it!

I do believe we need to get rid of that orange in the seating arena. it does look pretty but it looks awkward when we adopt to the white hot atmosphere in the postseason and it looks awkward period. It stands out the most. Either they need to go all black seats, all red steats or change the playoff theme. I personally like the all-black atmosphere better we did a few years ago and back in 04.

Miami just needs to show more passion and hostility, we should be loud during the entire game, not just when we go on a 13-0 run or when Wade lobs to LeBron for a oop.

Posted Image

#12 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

http://fans.heat.nba...ans-in-the-nba/

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#13 3 Ringz

3 Ringz

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

BJX2RJLCYAI_ON-.jpg

I thought this would be a nice picture to share. This really speaks value of our fanbase. There's a mixture of die-hard/true Heat fans, Wade fans and just bandwagoners. We'll have to see what's really up when LeBron, Wade and Bosh leaves and/or retires. Although i know half of the fanbase will disappear by then.

Posted Image

#14 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

BJX2RJLCYAI_ON-.jpg

I thought this would be a nice picture to share. This really speaks value of our fanbase. There's a mixture of die-hard/true Heat fans, Wade fans and just bandwagoners. We'll have to see what's really up when LeBron, Wade and Bosh leaves and/or retires. Although i know half of the fanbase will disappear by then.

i will put you on the same wagon, how can you not put a pic of Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Dan Majerle, Steve Smith, etc...

#15 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,105 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Lol, the factors that they take into account to form the list are pure B.S. It's got more to do with the Heat brand than the Heat's fans, based on the research. I love to defend our team in arguments, but I would never say we have the most loyal fans in the league.

#16 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

Lol, the factors that they take into account to form the list are pure B.S. It's got more to do with the Heat brand than the Heat's fans, based on the research. I love to defend our team in arguments, but I would never say we have the most loyal fans in the league.

Check my post :

Just be realistic one second, as much as love the Miami Heat, our crowd is just made by bandwagonners because we are in winning trend and we have LeBron and Wade (please with Bosh).

i would like more passion and become a real hostile environnment, not just like when we play New York a destination for holidays...

#17 RwC

RwC

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

From what I've heard so far about the arena is that the upper part of it is always packed and loud while the bottom first couple of rows are just dead which is a reflection of today's "rich" society, they just buy tickets so they can say they have them and then when they actually come to a game they're late and just hang on their phones the whole game because they don't even know what a 3pt line is. 

I live half way around the world from Miami and it's the same with EVERY team in our city. Hockey, Basketball, Soccer it doesn't matter. People don't show up untill we get almost into the finals and even then half of the arenas are filled with guys in suits with their plastic wives asking you to sit down in game 3 of the finals (speaking from first hand experience) because they can't see. It's ridiculous because in our city these suits get their tickets for free because they know some people that know some people who endorse the team.

ShrillUniformLamb.gif

#18 DWarner4

DWarner4

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationBEYOND THE 3pt. ARC

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Very true...

I'm from an entertainment deprived area in the Midwest in Omaha NE. All we have is the Huskers, the college world series, and the damn US swim trials...People around here have a tendency to believe that in Miami, the basketball game is probably just the first venue on the agenda for the evening for many fans in attendance, where many people are looking forward to the after events even more. Particularly the women fans, who are likely along on the first part of a date, or with their spouse , and plan to hit a few nightclubs afterward. In places with less entertainment available, the game is the marquee event of the night and afterward most people just go home... just a thought...

i will put you on the same wagon, how can you not put a pic of Alonzo Mourning, Tim Hardaway, Dan Majerle, Steve Smith, etc...

I wanted to add that the picture also had photos of three prominent LA Lakers in Shaq, Glen Rice, and Eddie Jones, who arguably all made their name in LA rather than Miami, so if you cheered for them, were you a bandwagoner or fake fan too?

I say if some form of your thoughts or emotions are wrapped up in seeing this Miami Heat team succeed then you're a Heat fan.

Loyalty to a franchise only makes sense if you live in the city where the franchise is located. If not the franchise could care less about the players we cheer for so why show loyalty to the teams over the players? Back when the Knicks forced Patrick Ewing out it was clear times were changing. Then the player still most associated with the Atlanta Hawks, Dominique, was forced out of town.

Rarely do players play for only one team in their careers so it's no surprise that a fan might have cheered for multiple teams themselves...

#19 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

BJX2RJLCYAI_ON-.jpg

Damn NO Eddie Jones ??

tumblr_mvhkk5n8bj1rfimo0o1_400.gif                           

#20 ColeWorld

ColeWorld

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

So I just signed up on here...and was not expecting to see this as one of the first topics I checked out! Kudos!

I remember complaining during the game the other day about the same issues. One of the guests on LeBatard's show earlier in the week I think nailed it when he said that the "fans" that show up in the lower bowl for the playoffs do it more to be seen and show off their latest all white outfits...Then of course we have the essence of class that was displayed by Ms. Tobias, flipping off Noah when he got ejected...

I'm the last person to defend Joakim, but seeing that image blow up hurts my soul...paints Miami in such a bad light.

Not to mention no one wanted to catch D Wade and protect his knee when he went into the stands in game 1...

Everyone at the most affordable air duct cleaning Miami is a White Hot Heat Fan!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users