Photo

Dear Pat Riley: Andrew Bynum Free Agent?

center-rebounds

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BIGROB80

BIGROB80

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMiami FLA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

I would be on the phone with him right now and tell him he has a chance to resurrect his career with us and King James! If we can get Bynum to be just 50% of what he was in LA, we would be unstoppable next year and the Bulls and Pacers will be no threat! I called it out on the Birdman and for pennies look at what great value he has brought us, now a Bynum in the inside with the King? For now let's beat the SPURS! GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!

Thank You Lakers-Keep your Kobe

#2 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Why are we talking about the offseason when there is a Finals game 1 TODAY?

#3 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

I don't see Bynum taking a miniMLE when there are teams with cap space who will offer him max or near max once Howard is off the board. Do you really see a guy with balky knees and a limited timeline who's already won two rings take a $3.5m contract vs $60-80m contract during what will likely be his last big prime payday before his knees go on him? GTFOH. Lock this thread. Plus he's still technically under contract... so getting "on the phone with him right now" would be tampering.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#4 Hiz1&onlytrueFan

Hiz1&onlytrueFan

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationOcala,Florida

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm not sure I trust Bynum.....too much of a wildcard. He has a lot of growing up to do.
Let's go HEAT......stay focused, driven, committed, and last but not least play Miami Heat basketball!!!!!!!
Mzz Lookin 4ward 2 a Heat3Peat

#5 Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Bynum should offer to play for the Sixers for free next year.  $15M down the drain!  No way would I ever want him on the Heat... or the Sixers for that matter.

Don't call me a Miami Heat bandwagon jumper! I'm just a long-time LeBron supporter who hates the haters! Go HEAT!!!

#6 Brooklyn New York

Brooklyn New York

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Lmao and how are we gonna pay him?

2jfdb2c.gif

#7 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

Lmao and how are we gonna pay him?

Offer him a bowling with his name in Miami

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#8 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Riley will not  sign some weird guy with ***ed up knees.

2mwtkqd.jpg

tumblr_mvhkk5n8bj1rfimo0o1_400.gif                           

#9 BIGROB80

BIGROB80

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMiami FLA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sure, but it doesn't hurt to think about the future and next season

#10 BIGROB80

BIGROB80

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMiami FLA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Riley will not  sign some weird guy with ***ed up knees.

2mwtkqd.jpg

Really and the Heat are after Greg Oden? Bynum would be very motivatated if he was to play for Miami

#11 BIGROB80

BIGROB80

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMiami FLA

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

I don't see Bynum taking a miniMLE when there are teams with cap space who will offer him max or near max once Howard is off the board. Do you really see a guy with balky knees and a limited timeline who's already won two rings take a $3.5m contract vs $60-80m contract during what will likely be his last big prime payday before his knees go on him? GTFOH. Lock this thread. Plus he's still technically under contract... so getting "on the phone with him right now" would be tampering.

Then we phone after the season is over, we don't need Lebron to keep doing all the work and not get any help

#12 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,267 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

LOL exactly no need to talk about this now guys enjoy watching the NBA Finals, when its done than we can talk about who the Heat should try to hire in the off season.

#13 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Really and the Heat are after Greg Oden? Bynum would be very motivatated if he was to play for Miami

Yea but Heat can afford Oden not Bynum.

#14 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Why is this guy allowed to post stupid threads on here that he then debates against ALL mathematical and probable logic, yet Sanjay continuously gets banned?
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#15 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

You know...it's crazy, but why not?

People thought I was crazy when I said Miami should get LeBron James, that happened.

Dr. J called Bynum damaged goods. Perhaps he wants a year to show the world (NBA) that he still has it.

It's a crazy idea, but star players have taken less money to prove points before. Does Bynum have that same humility inside himself, I doubt it, but it's not impossible.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#16 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

People thought I was crazy when I said Miami should get LeBron James, that happened.

Dr. J called Bynum damaged goods. Perhaps he wants a year to show the world (NBA) that he still has it.

It's a crazy idea, but star players have taken less money to prove points before. Does Bynum have that same humility inside himself, I doubt it, but it's not impossible.

This is a semi reasonable argument until you consider how much money is on the table during a free agency that teams have cleared the slate in hopes of landing CP3 or Dwight... Bynum is a more realistic target for some of these franchises. Although his injury history is concern, his skillset is not. I don't know if he has that much to prove to turn down $80m and instead take only $3.5m. Especially with an aggressive agent dictating terms of his next contract. I don't know one agent who would settle for 15% of 3.5 vs 80... That is a HUGE gap. Especially with injuries potentially limiting the years of his prime. His window to gain max contract doesn't increase by devaluing his worth by that much. Only way I could see it a remote possibility is if every other team were capped out and the Sixers refused to bring him back for anything more than vet min. Which is mathematically not gonna happen.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#17 MVBarber85

MVBarber85

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

The question is will Bynum accept 3mill ?? Plus he's alrdy a 2x champion.

#18 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,071 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Why is this guy allowed to post stupid threads on here that he then debates against ALL mathematical and probable logic, yet Sanjay continuously gets banned?

For real. This thread is just as bad as Sanjay's without the comedy.
Posted Image

#19 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

Oh I know it's not practical, and even more unlikely to happen...but we could essentially clear some cap space.

Obviously it's not up to us, it's Bynum's decision. If he is willing to take a substantial pay cut to prove to the NBA that he is still one of the best centers in the league, why not go to a team with championship caliber players and a potential to show the world that you are worth every penny of a big time contract.

lol

It's so crazy it might work. I mean, could people hate us any more? If Bynum joins, I say hell yes!

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#20 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

^^^ We can't clear cap space unless Riley either trades away our entire bench for nothing in return or amnesties one of the big three... even then it won't be enough to make any serious offer... At best a full MLE level contract. C'mon Scar you know better than that.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users