Photo

just saw Nelly On first take Debating The D12/KB situation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Heatles88

Heatles88

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

Nelly debated cari champion, skip, and Stephen a. Nelly Owned them so badly I was laughing my a** off. The main topic of debate was Dwight howard and kobe Bryant situation. I gotta give nelly props, even after being triple team by the first take crew he took them all on and crushed them every single time. At one point nelly called kobe a "spoiled brat" that no one can put up with anymore and it seemed to hit home for cari champion. At one point it look like they wanted to end the debate nelly was owning them so hard.

Cari champion went as far cutting nelly of at one point telling him that it was a debate show and his opinion was just his opinion and not a fact or something of that nature. You had skip, Stephen, cari all defending kobe but nelly just kept owning them , it was so funny lmao. Hope it gets put up on youtube, I cant remember everything that was said but it was pure gold for anyone who hasn't watched it.

Really cant stand that first take host , about time someone got on there and spoke the truth about the lakers.

#2 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

First Take ****** sucks. Wait let me fix that, ESPN ****** sucks. Anyone who watches that show is wasting precious seconds of their life. Stephen A is a moron and Skip is just a professional troll. The show has only gotten worse since Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson left too.

#3 Heatles88

Heatles88

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

First Take ****** sucks. Wait let me fix that, ESPN ****** sucks. Anyone who watches that show is wasting precious seconds of their life. Stephen A is a moron and Skip is just a professional troll. The show has only gotten worse since Jay Crawford and Dana Jacobson left too.

spare the waisting of life speech please, your waisiting your life being on these forums all day but I don't care, its your time, spend it how you want.

#4 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

spare the waisting of life speech please, your waisiting your life being on these forums all day but I don't care, its your time, spend it how you want.

Lol don't take it to heart man, it was more a figure of speech. What I mean is if you're looking to listen to actual good sports talk First Take is a bad choice IMO.

#5 Heatles88

Heatles88

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Lol don't take it to heart man, it was more a figure of speech. What I mean is if you're looking to listen to actual good sports talk First Take is a bad choice IMO.

1st off, I watch 1st take maybe once a month, and its not for good sports talk, I enjoy watching these 3 knucckleheads get owned by people who knows sports. Nelly just happens to know his stuff when it comes to basketball and he crushed them today and I applaud him for it. Mark Cuban did it awhile ago and its just great seeing it happen.

#6 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

1st off, I watch 1st take maybe once a month, and its not for good sports talk, I enjoy watching these 3 knucckleheads get owned by people who knows sports. Nelly just happens to know his stuff when it comes to basketball and he crushed them today and I applaud him for it. Mark Cuban did it awhile ago and its just great seeing it happen.

Lol true. I think I've watched it twice the last 2 years and that was the day after the Heat won the chip both times just to see Skips reaction. Seeing him devastated the 2nd time when the spurs lost was great :D. I also tuned in before that when Tebow was playing in Denver just to see Stephen A Smiths tears. I just don't like those two because they represent everything wrong with sports media.

#7 Heatles88

Heatles88

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

Lol true. I think I've watched it twice the last 2 years and that was the day after the Heat won the chip both times just to see Skips reaction. Seeing him devastated the 2nd time when the spurs lost was great :D. I also tuned in before that when Tebow was playing in Denver just to see Stephen A Smiths tears. I just don't like those two because they represent everything wrong with sports media.

the best part was seeing these 3 dumbos all get there finals predictions wrong! how can you call yourself an expert and continue to be wrong time and time again? Il give skip credit, he atleast got last year right, but Stephen A smith is suppose to be the best at what he does, and basketball is his field so why does he continue to get it wrong year after year? and that host cari champions who also picked the spurs, hahah she should really stop watching sports lmao!

#8 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

I love watching that show, especially after their predictions are wrong. I too appreciate the sport minds that challenges these buffoons....TEAM HEAT since '88!

#9 cojacfar

cojacfar

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

I don't get hating on people for picking the Spurs.

I mean... they almost won in 6 except by an amazing play by Bosh/Allen. It's not like they picked the Bobcats in 4 against he heat or something.

#10 ScottiePippen33

ScottiePippen33

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts
  • LocationStratford,CT/ New Rochelle,NY

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

I just finished listen to the debate.

Nelly was right mostly that Kobe should burden most of the blame for Dwight leaving and why LA is in the situation they are in but I don't agree with him blaming everything on Kobe.

Nelly has a personal agenda against Kobe especially back in '08 when he was dissing Kobe sneakers and etc.... So yes he has some ill feelings toward Kobe for a long time.

Posted ImagePosted ImageGreatest Athlete/Artist ever

#11 SG-Three

SG-Three

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

I enjoy listening to First Take podcast, TBH. They may not always be right, but their points are mostly valid. Plus, with regard to that Nelly guesting, he was good. I wonder why it was hard for Steven A., Skip, and Carrie to accept the idea that Dwight just doesn't want to play with Kobe. I thought he was right. Who wants to play with Kobe?

DWade+Sig.jpg

#12 MoodMuzik

MoodMuzik

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

After Shaq left, then Dwight, and the constant throwing his teammates under the media bus, I really think Kobe is ruining his reputation and is ruining his chances of bringing other star players to play with him.

Like you said, who wants to play with Kobe?

**Plus I always tune in when their predictions are wrong lol I'll flip it on to see who they pick, then turn it on again after the fact lol. Hate how they mostly skip over their shortcomings too, First Take could be a show a whole lot better than just personalities creating talk strictly for shock value.

I hope I get to see the clip of Nelly owning these people.

EDIT** Is it this??

Daaaaaaammnn Stephen A is livid lol.

***ing hilarious!!

"Who wants to play with Kobe?? PEOPLE ARE TAKING PAYCUTS TO PLAY WITH LEBRON JAMES"

"JOSH SMITH WENT TO DETROIT" Lol

Skip on Dwight: "He couldn't take the Lakers stuff"

Nelly fires back: "You know what Lakers stuff is finna be next year, NO PLAYOFFS, that's what Lakers stuff finna be!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

#13 bigdog1002

bigdog1002

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

After Shaq left, then Dwight, and the constant throwing his teammates under the media bus, I really think Kobe is ruining his reputation and is ruining his chances of bringing other star players to play with him.

Like you said, who wants to play with Kobe?

**Plus I always tune in when their predictions are wrong lol I'll flip it on to see who they pick, then turn it on again after the fact lol. Hate how they mostly skip over their shortcomings too, First Take could be a show a whole lot better than just personalities creating talk strictly for shock value.

I hope I get to see the clip of Nelly owning these people.

EDIT** Is it this??

Daaaaaaammnn Stephen A is livid lol.

***ing hilarious!!

"Who wants to play with Kobe?? PEOPLE ARE TAKING PAYCUTS TO PLAY WITH LEBRON JAMES"

"JOSH SMITH WENT TO DETROIT" Lol

Skip on Dwight: "He couldn't take the Lakers stuff"

Nelly fires back: "You know what Lakers stuff is finna be next year, NO PLAYOFFS, that's what Lakers stuff finna be!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Yeah I don't see how anyone can dispute Kobe being a spoiled brat.. first he tells teams not to draft him and refuses to work out for teams so he can go to his hand-picked team.. the Lakers.. then he tells Phil Jackson he doesn't wanna be Shaq's "sidekick" anymore.. then when Shaq leaves and he sees that the grass isn't so green, he demands a trade, then says he didn't.. then demands a trade again.. then they get Gasol and he disses Andrew Bynum in a mall parking lot (the same Andrew Bynum they might not have won back to back titles without).. then he picks on Pau Gasol in the media when they lose.. then picks on Howard for not being tough enough when he has no idea what his injuries are...it's just never-ending with him. If you're not helping his legacy, he'll throw you under the bus in a heartbeat

Yeah he's a great player but that doesn't erase all that other stuff he does.

#14 Guest_magicmike_*

Guest_magicmike_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Damn, Nelly killed them with, frankly, very sound logic.

#15 AriesMar

AriesMar

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

lmao

SMH @ Lebron, you're still the best player in the NBA but you ***ed up and lost again.

#16 BIGHEAD_Rico

BIGHEAD_Rico

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

he's right about Kobes leadership though....
Lebron be like .....ima have to drop a dime on these n***as..........

photo lebronMVP_zps0ecc3fa3.gif

#17 XxDeltaBravoxX

XxDeltaBravoxX

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, United Kingdom via Anderson, Indiana

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:53 AM

Like he said, why come to LA if you know you will get blamed for the losses and no credit for the wins? 

It is a lose-lose situation for any player to be in.

This is what I see when Kobe talks.  Even though he is one of my favorite players of all time (on the court).

#18 FINALS MVP 2014 BEASLEY

FINALS MVP 2014 BEASLEY

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

nelly is right on this point, kobe is a great individual player but definitely not a leader.

#19 MoodMuzik

MoodMuzik

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

My favorite was when Kobe goes into the Game 7 of the Celtics Finals (and rightful owners of the 2010 championship) yelling at his team in the locker room "Who else is going to stand by me and fight?!" 6 for 24 lol. This f*cking guy. Pau was better than you.

#20 gabrielcntrrs

gabrielcntrrs

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

nelly killed it, l

giphy.gif