#1 bigdog1002

bigdog1002

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

http://www.heatrisin...ers-in-2014-fa/

There’s been a lot of talk over the past couple of weeks about what some teams plan to do in the summer of 2014, say the Los Angeles Lakers and the Cleveland Cavaliers. There’s been as much talk about what some players plan to do, say LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony. But there hasn’t been much talk about what the three-time NBA champion Miami Heat plan to do, which, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, could be a lot.

There’s a chance the Heat will have as much cap space as anyone to retrofit their team around the most-prized potential free agent, LeBron James, if he opts out of his contract as expected.

As everyone knows, LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh can all opt-out of their current contracts with the Heat. But, as Windhorst points out, it’s not just those three players potentially coming off the books that makes next summer so interesting.

In addition, Mario ChalmersShane BattierRay AllenJames Jones and Rashard Lewis all are headed into the final year of their contracts. Udonis HaslemJoel Anthony and Chris Andersenall have player options. Norris Cole has a team option.

Even if Haslem, Anthony and Andersen bypass free agency next summer and the Heat, as expected, pick up Cole’s option, the team still could have in the neighborhood of $50 million to play with depending on what the Big Three decide.

With that amount of money comes the potential of adding a fourth “big name” to go along with the Big Three, if they all sign for discounted rates. James, Wade and Bosh all took less money to sign with the Heat in 2010, so it’s not out of the question.

The fact that the Heat could actually have a Big Four is a fascinating development to this whole saga. So while everyone talks about how the Heat should fear what situation the Lakers, Cavs or any other team offers LeBron in 2014, perhaps the rest of the league should fear what Miami might  do next summer.

#2 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationColorado, but born & raised in the M.I.A.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

http://www.heatrisin...ers-in-2014-fa/

There’s been a lot of talk over the past couple of weeks about what some teams plan to do in the summer of 2014, say the Los Angeles Lakers and the Cleveland Cavaliers. There’s been as much talk about what some players plan to do, say LeBron James or Carmelo Anthony. But there hasn’t been much talk about what the three-time NBA champion Miami Heat plan to do, which, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, could be a lot.

There’s a chance the Heat will have as much cap space as anyone to retrofit their team around the most-prized potential free agent, LeBron James, if he opts out of his contract as expected.

As everyone knows, LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh can all opt-out of their current contracts with the Heat. But, as Windhorst points out, it’s not just those three players potentially coming off the books that makes next summer so interesting.

In addition, Mario ChalmersShane BattierRay AllenJames Jones and Rashard Lewis all are headed into the final year of their contracts. Udonis HaslemJoel Anthony and Chris Andersenall have player options. Norris Cole has a team option.

Even if Haslem, Anthony and Andersen bypass free agency next summer and the Heat, as expected, pick up Cole’s option, the team still could have in the neighborhood of $50 million to play with depending on what the Big Three decide.

With that amount of money comes the potential of adding a fourth “big name” to go along with the Big Three, if they all sign for discounted rates. James, Wade and Bosh all took less money to sign with the Heat in 2010, so it’s not out of the question.

The fact that the Heat could actually have a Big Four is a fascinating development to this whole saga. So while everyone talks about how the Heat should fear what situation the Lakers, Cavs or any other team offers LeBron in 2014, perhaps the rest of the league should fear what Miami might  do next summer.

I thought Windhorst was one of the people on ESPN every five minutes predicting LeBron's departure from the Heat. Lol.

#3 RotaryP7

RotaryP7

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Lets sign Kyrie Irving, DeMarcus Cousins, and have Melo off the bench.

#4 bigdog1002

bigdog1002

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

http://www.hoopsworl...nba-free-agents

Here's the list of players who will be available or potentially available next summer. Anthony Morrow is very intriguing. He has a player option and he's a lights out 3-point shooter.. 43% for his career. With Allen and Battier possibly retiring, there will be a need for 3-pt shooters.

#5 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

Bingo! No one talks about what the Heat can do in 2014! 

All the hype is on the Lakers, Cavaliers, etc. Whatever gets you TV ratings I guess. 

People will sleep on the Heat again, and the Heat will surprise them again in the next free agency like they did to everyone in 2010.

#6 miamiheatallday1

miamiheatallday1

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Bingo! No one talks about what the Heat can do in 2014!

All the hype is on the Lakers, Cavaliers, etc. Whatever gets you TV ratings I guess.

People will sleep on the Heat again, and the Heat will surprise them again in the next free agency like they did to everyone in 2010.

Exactly. Let them sleep on us again tho. These people are acting like we can sign big names again lol.
Posted Image

#7 the.316

the.316

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Lets sign Kyrie Irving, DeMarcus Cousins, and have Melo off the bench.

Irving

Wade
James

Bosh

Cousins

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Hell, Id be happy with just Irving or Cousins.  Let Pat screw over the Cavs yet again :P  The Heat would be the perfect fit for Cousins.  LeBron would set that boy in check, and having him and Wade on the perimeter, with Bosh spreading the floor, Cousins would be a monster for us down low. 

#8 RotaryP7

RotaryP7

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Irving

Wade
James

Bosh

Cousins

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Hell, Id be happy with just Irving or Cousins.  Let Pat screw over the Cavs yet again :P  The Heat would be the perfect fit for Cousins.  LeBron would set that boy in check, and having him and Wade on the perimeter, with Bosh spreading the floor, Cousins would be a monster for us down low. 

I was jk about Melo but I can see Cousins coming here joining the Big 3. Irving might stay in Cleveland, they'll probably give him a max deal but there's not doubt we could also get another solid PG. John Wall is also a FA haha. 

Should be a good off-season. I don't know why ESPN tries to boost LA and crap and ignore what Miami can do. If Miami gets close to a 3peat or wins the title again next season, why wouldn't players come here and start a dynasty? Why would the Big 3 even think about leaving?

#9 bigdog1002

bigdog1002

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I was jk about Melo but I can see Cousins coming here joining the Big 3. Irving might stay in Cleveland, they'll probably give him a max deal but there's not doubt we could also get another solid PG. John Wall is also a FA haha. 

Should be a good off-season. I don't know why ESPN tries to boost LA and crap and ignore what Miami can do. If Miami gets close to a 3peat or wins the title again next season, why wouldn't players come here and start a dynasty? Why would the Big 3 even think about leaving?

Because they have a Sportscenter studio in LA

#10 jafet6

jafet6

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Because they have a Sportscenter studio in LA

lol

#11 WB3

WB3

• Moderators
  • 11,707 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Man I wish Chris Paul was available. He's the only potential super-star talent I think would be willing to take a pay-cut along with LeBron, Wade and Bosh. Even if not a superstar, what the HEAT could do for the supporting cast with $50 million...0_o

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 gabrielcntrrs

gabrielcntrrs

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Lamarcus Aldrigde or Al Horford! BOOM!

LOL

we dont need a big sign anyways.  B)

giphy.gif

#13 asianrocket88

asianrocket88

Bench Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Wow, Irvin and Cousins.  Some of you people are delusional. 

http://www.rubmaps.com <---- Best massages in MIAMI!!!!

#14 SG-Three

SG-Three

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lamarcus Aldrigde or Al Horford! BOOM!

LOL

we dont need a big sign anyways.  B)

This. I heard or read somewhere that Aldridge really wanted to win and has been frustrated with the Blazers. If he wants to win, may want to go to the Heat. The question is, can he? He will not be a free agent next year, man. How are the Heat supposed to get him?

DWade+Sig.jpg

#15 HeatInsider

HeatInsider

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts
  • LocationCC, FL

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:20 PM

would take some serious restructuring but is definitely possible considering that I think wade will take less.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/932/907/patriley_original.gif?1372094907

#16 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,089 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

I could see a couple of things happening. If Riley and LeBron could convince Melo to come in 2014( doubtful but possible) I could see Riley trying to trade Bosh for a solid center and Wade, LeBron, and Melo all taking slight paycuts. Making the salary look something like this

Chalmers4M/Cole 2 Million
Wade 13 million
Melo 18 Million
LeBron 18 Million
New Center 8 Million

Or Riley could trade Bosh for a lottery pick and then sign a center outright.

Then the final step would be filling out the roster with MMLE and vet min contract guys looking for rings along with Haslem, Allen, and Battier if they don't retire and young guys like Ennis. Also we would get our Full MLE back in 2015 because we will be one year out of the luxury tax.

#17 gotankles

gotankles

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I could see a couple of things happening. If Riley and LeBron could convince Melo to come in 2014( doubtful but possible) I could see Riley trying to trade Bosh for a solid center and Wade, LeBron, and Melo all taking slight paycuts. Making the salary look something like this

Chalmers4M/Cole 2 Million
Wade 13 million
Melo 18 Million
LeBron 18 Million
New Center 8 Million

Or Riley could trade Bosh for a lottery pick and then sign a center outright.

Then the final step would be filling out the roster with MMLE and vet min contract guys looking for rings along with Haslem, Allen, and Battier if they don't retire and young guys like Ennis. Also we would get our Full MLE back in 2015 because we will be one year out of the luxury tax.

beat me to it, but i think melo would be at the 4. Call me crazy but i believe lebron would take a pay cut to like 15-16 mil a year and if the heat were able to sign melo i think there would be a chance for bosh to join and we would have a big 4. Now i dont think this is at all likely because melo loves his shot attempts and numbers and i think its more likley if we get melo then theres no chance of bosh for 8 mil. 

so who would we get at center that is available ?  plus the heat cant rely on allen and battier and haslem past 2014 and beyond the heat need younger legs and i think thats going to be the priority during the off season (besides retaining the big 3 thats a given) but im not too sure about next seasons free agency so if someone could fill me in on potential young yet experienced free agents that would be great thanks

#18 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Lol Melo won't join the Heat unless Bosh leaves which I don't see happening if Lebron and Wade are to return. 

Big 4 is a bad title for this thread. It's more like a nice complementary player to the big 3. 

Some Free Agents that could join (along with the re-signing of the big 3 ) could be:

- Luol Deng

- Paul Pierce

- Charlie Villanueva

- Dirk Nowitzki (doubt it but still...)

- Danny Granger

- Pau Gasol 

- Chris Kaman

- Zach Randolph

- Amare Stoudemire

- Spencer Hawes

- Marcin Gortat

- Emeka Okafor

All of those guys will be available in 2014, well some of them have opt-out clauses but regardless the majority of them should be available. And that's a long list of talent that could fit in well with the big 3 if they are to re-sign next season.

#19 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

It all starts with Wade, as usual.  It'll be interesting to see if Riley tries to get him to sign a Duncan/Garnett type deal starting around 10 mil a year.  It may be a tough sell if he makes it through next season relatively injury free and puts up similar number to those he had last season.  After all, the man is not that old and could very well be thinking of himself being at the midpoint rather than the tail end of his career.

#20 gotankles

gotankles

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

It all starts with Wade, as usual.  It'll be interesting to see if Riley tries to get him to sign a Duncan/Garnett type deal starting around 10 mil a year.  It may be a tough sell if he makes it through next season relatively injury free and puts up similar number to those he had last season.  After all, the man is not that old and could very well be thinking of himself being at the midpoint rather than the tail end of his career.

i dont think wade is too concerned about money tbh, especially since he has % of estate in the shoe brand , so just from that if it expands through his marketing he can be extremely rich and an extra 5 mil wont be all that troublesome to him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users