26 replies to this topic

#1 Ecript

Ecript

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

LBJ said that Kobe was a "top 5 player for sure". Do you guys agree with LeBron?

I think Kobe is top 15, top 5 was a little high... What do you guys think?

#2 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

^^^ Both Wade & Kobe should be ranked in top 10. Kobe definitely is better than 25th. Achilles tears are hard to come back quickly at full effectiveness though. But by end of year, he might be better than 20 of the dudes listed ahead of him.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#3 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'd bet a million dollars that by the end of the season their is not 24 better players than Kobe and I'm not even a big fan of his. Feel the same way about D Wades ranking.

#4 AndrewWilliams

AndrewWilliams

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationMiami, Fl

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Kobe will be lucky if he earns the ranking ESPN gave him. Achilles injuries are no joke, especially for someone 35 years of age and a sport as demanding as basketball is on the legs. 

#5 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

Kobe will be lucky if he earns the ranking ESPN gave him. Achilles injuries are no joke, especially for someone 35 years of age and a sport as demanding as basketball is on the legs.

True that Achilles tears are no joke... it took Brand 3 seasons to heal enough to be effective and this is a guy who's game was always on the ground... and not 35.

That said, Kobe is a special genetic specimen. His recovery rate is exceptional and although his body is 35 with great wear and tear, his knowledge of his body along with pain threshold allow him to play through things that 99% of humans cannot. I'm guessing that his liver produces increased amounts of enzymes that assist in super human recovery rates, along with his ability to stay in constant motion and oxygenate injuries that would stagnate with the way most others take time off. That he plays through and doesn't develop scar tissue bundles that others have to fight through later in recovery... plus he's mastered the Orthokine and platelet enrichment process. People with high pain thresholds can do this and heal on the fly faster than guys who take too much rest of conventional medical treatments.

I've blown through recovery times of separated & dislocated shoulders, broken & dislocated ankles, broken ribs at accelerated rates by keeping recovery metabolism near peak levels and not taking pain killers. Like how animals do in the wild. Pain is a guideline to where you are healing and you can accelerate the process by being fully aware of your body.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#6 SCIENTIST SPO

SCIENTIST SPO

KING SPOEY IS COY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

BEFORE THE INJURY KOBE WAS DEF TOP 5 DEAD OR ALIVE

#7 VPD

VPD

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

ACL injury at 35 is not simple at all guys. I don't see Kobe a top 5 player next season. More like 15-20 until he proves me otherwise.

#8 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,084 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

ACL injury at 35 is not simple at all guys. I don't see Kobe a top 5 player next season. More like 15-20 until he proves me otherwise.

It's an Achilles injury not an ACL but Achilles is even worse. With that said I believe in Kobe. Even though I don't like him their is no questioning his work ethic and dedication to the game.

#9 el mariachi

el mariachi

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

^^^ also no matter how many miles Kobe has racked up by 35, his metabolism and athleticism is still that of an elite athelete in his mid to late 20's. He is a special breed... only a handful of humans are capable of such age defying until one day it just drops off. I'd say Kobe is like Ray Allen and can be an elite athlete until his 40's. look at his face and under his eyes... Kobe still looks 25 by normal human standards. Whether he recovers 100% is just a matter of time & determination to come back better than before.
CAVeat empTOR

Posted Image

#10 AsPeHeat

AsPeHeat

Role Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

He definitely doesn't deserve to be ranked 25th, but top 5 is too much. I'd say he should be ranked 10th or so.

Check out my NBA-News website!

#11 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

'06 '12 '13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

I believe he'll finish 10th-15th after this upcoming season. Top 10 seems a bit too much. Let's be realistic.

(NEW SIG HERE SOON)

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#12 BIGROB80

BIGROB80

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationMiami FLA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Kobe is not top 5 or even 10 right now! Kobe was lucky he had Howard doing his dirty work getting rebounds for him so he could take 30 shots a game! Now watch this season when he comes back not having Howard or Artest to do his dirty work he will begin to cry and blame Gasol, his coach and the owner yet this old chucking hogger won take less than 30 mill a year in which he isn't worth! LBJ need's to get of Kobe's and MJ jock remember they don't like you so don't even mention these fools!

Thank You Lakers-Keep your Kobe

#13 No Rebounds No Rings

No Rebounds No Rings

U Did It

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Kobe was definitely top 10 last season and arguably top 5.

If not for his Achilles injury, he would be ranked higher. I'm hoping he can come back from it, He's always been one of my most respected players. 

Posted Image

#14 Ecript

Ecript

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

He definitely doesn't deserve to be ranked 25th, but top 5 is too much. I'd say he should be ranked 10th or so.

I agree with this, he's getting older too.

#15 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Blatant Ref bailing out the Lakers all the way March to April last season is definitely TOP 5

#16 BIGROB80

BIGROB80

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationMiami FLA

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

GOD couldn't stand the horrible officiating and the Fakers getting every call in their favor so he took care of Kobe's achilles for good measure! In the game in which it happened the Fakers shot 50 fts! BS call's everywhere in order to make sure the Fakers secured a 7th or 8th seed! When Kobe went down in that play he wasn't even touched the refs called a foul on the nearest Warrior player to Kobe and called the foul on him! When the Fakers played in Miami, Lebron had 3 fouls before half time-LOL! When you play the Kobe Fakers you also play against the refs! Note: Kobe shot more FTS than Lebron and Wade combined or a bit less

Thank You Lakers-Keep your Kobe

#17 ThunderDAN

ThunderDAN

• Moderators
  • 5,065 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

i just agree with bosh being one ranking higher

..but nobody cares what crazy ol' Dan Majerle thinks

KxKMltE.gif

#18 KingOfMiami6

KingOfMiami6

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationOn Your Screen

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

top 5 if putting up 25+ a game.

Posted Image

-- Welcome to Miami Norris Cole. Represent Dayton, Ohio and Miami. The new BIG 4 --

#19 Ecript

Ecript

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

top 5 if putting up 25+ a game.

But do you think he can actually maintain that performance after that type of injury, at his age...?

#20 LeBronWadeMVP

LeBronWadeMVP

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • LocationHialeah

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

LeBron is just saying the political correct thing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users