58 replies to this topic

#1 threemonocle

threemonocle

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

I think he can be productive.  Check out why in my article here: http://threemonocle....o-for-heat.html

#2 KingOfMiami6

KingOfMiami6

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationOn Your Screen

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:32 AM

He can score. Rebound..dunk..block shots.. challenge Hibbert.

Posted Image

-- Welcome to Miami Norris Cole. Represent Dayton, Ohio and Miami. The new BIG 4 --

#3 RwC

RwC

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:07 AM

He could be the reason Miami stays relevant for a long time to come or he could just be another Pittman/Curry, a high-five on two legs.

ShrillUniformLamb.gif

#4 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

We already have a Greg Oden thread.

#5 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

He could be a father for LeBron

#6 Starter

Starter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

He is just what we need to complete this team, hugs upgrade on the boards on both end of the floor, a force at center position to go along with our Big’s in well designed rotation.! 

He brings what we need in this scheme....Can't wait for him to take on .

HeaTNation

#7 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

He could be a father for LeBron

beat me to it lol

ogG83QE.png

#8 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

Anyway, what might LeBron and G.O. be talking about pre- and post game??

#9 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

A normal talk between a son and a father ! 

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#10 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

G.O.'s insertion into the rotation is the enigma I think we all are awaiting to discover. I'm so anxious to see what the big guy brings to this already well equipped machine...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#11 Angelo

Angelo

Loyalty over Royalty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

I tried searching for some info about Oden, and found "rumors" about him coming back in February which is pretty disappointing to hear because I'm real anxious to watch him play.

Hopefully, they're just rumors and he gets inserted into the lineup sooner than expected, but I also wouldn't want him to rush back in the primetime action because his injuries are a bit scary.

In the end, we gotta be patient and when the time comes, it'd be great to see him make a comeback story. Rooting for him.

"What really cements a forever bond is going through what we went through this year and staying the course." - Pat Riley Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

#12 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

I tried searching for some info about Oden, and found "rumors" about him coming back in February which is pretty disappointing to hear because I'm real anxious to watch him play.

Hopefully, they're just rumors and he gets inserted into the lineup sooner than expected, but I also wouldn't want him to rush back in the primetime action because his injuries are a bit scary.

In the end, we gotta be patient and when the time comes, it'd be great to see him make a comeback story. Rooting for him.

If the healing rehab process takes that much time, we just gotta be patient. No point bringing him in, if he's way too out of shape after a couple of years of absense. Such a gap is huge.

Better healthy and ready than playing now and rusty 

#13 eko718

eko718

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Oden's health is likely fine and Miami is just biding time and getting him stronger. They may want to utilize him in the second half of the season similar to Birdman last year. I bet we don't see him until February. They probably prefer that he play 40 or so games instead of 60. We still have 16 games to win in the Playoffs.

#14 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,898 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

If Greg Oden throws a  Dexter Pittman to Hibbert's face, that will be enough. 

#15 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,692 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

Oden's health is likely fine and Miami is just biding time and getting him stronger. They may want to utilize him in the second half of the season similar to Birdman last year. I bet we don't see him until February. They probably prefer that he play 40 or so games instead of 60. We still have 16 games to win in the Playoffs.

Yeah that is what I am thinking and when they do use him in the season it will likely be limited minutes too, especially in the first few games he plays.

#16 KingOfMiami6

KingOfMiami6

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationOn Your Screen

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

Ill be mad if we have to wait to Feb. to see Oden play.. If he gets hurt before we play the pacers, we wont be going to the finals with soft *** bosh. Now I got to listen to Pacer/haters talk crap about their win at home. :(

Posted Image

-- Welcome to Miami Norris Cole. Represent Dayton, Ohio and Miami. The new BIG 4 --

#17 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

Smh you guys say the same thing about every bust of a center that signs with this team. Oden, Pittman, Joel, Curry, Turiaf, etc. They all suck. Hell, people still think Bosh can step up on defense and rebounding.

#18 WB3

WB3

• Moderators
  • 11,700 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:08 AM

Smh you guys say the same thing about every bust of a center that signs with this team. Oden, Pittman, Joel, Curry, Turiaf, etc. They all suck. Hell, people still think Bosh can step up on defense and rebounding.

I miss Turiaf. Out of all the Centers the HEAT have gone through since the Big 3 era, other than Birdman and Big Cat, he was my favorite. The rest were complete and utter garbage though. You forgot to throw in Big Z and Dampier as well, not that it really matters.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,110 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

I miss Turiaf. Out of all the Centers the HEAT have gone through since the Big 3 era, other than Birdman and Big Cat, he was my favorite. The rest were complete and utter garbage though. You forgot to throw in Big Z and Dampier as well, not that it really matters.

Oh yeah, those scrubs lol Although I did think big Z could have been used more effectively. But yeah, they all sucked. Big Cat was fun though. Everyone knew his job was to play 90's "defense" lol 

#20 WB3

WB3

• Moderators
  • 11,700 posts
  • LocationNew York..

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

Oh yeah, those scrubs lol Although I did think big Z could have been used more effectively. But yeah, they all sucked. Big Cat was fun though. Everyone knew his job was to play 90's "defense" lol 

Big Cat was fun. Hands down my third favorite Center in HEAT history. He wouldn't have been able to stop Hibbert by any means, but he'd get his moneys worth on the fouls. But yeah, you're right. There's just not much if anything Miami can do with Hibbert other than hope to get him in early foul trouble, which is pretty unlikely with the whole verticality rule or whatever it is. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greg Oden

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users