Photo

Matchup : Greg Oden vs Roy Hibbert

Greg Oden Roy Hibbert

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: matchup : Greg Oden vs Roy Hibbert (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Greg Oden manage to lock down Roy Hibbert ?

1. Yes, he will dominiate him in every area except the verticality LOL (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Yes ! Why do you think we sign him for ? (4 votes [23.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Yes but for a short period (6 votes [35.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

4. No way, Roy Hibbert is the best center right now ! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. No because he wont play this season ! (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

6. No ! Sign another BIg man for an insurance (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:35 PM

i did some research about Greg Oden and Roy Hibbert :

Well they only faced each other once LOL

It was the 18th march in 2009 in Indianapolis (Greg Oden's hometown)

• Roy Hibbert (starting center) : In 30mn, he had 14 points (6/12 and 2/3 FT)  , 4 rebounds, 2 blocks and 5 fouls
  • Greg Oden (backup center) : In 12 mn, he got 4 points (1/3 and 2/2 FT) , 7 rebounds, 1 block and 2 fouls 

One action : 

Roy Hibbert shooting foul (Greg Oden draws the foul) - Then Greg made the 2 FT (good point)

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=290318011

11260726-large.jpg

So look how bigger has become Hibbert (Steroids)

Hibbert-jacked.jpg

while Greg Oden

LeBron-James-et-Greg-Oden.jpg

Remember

Roy Hibbert : 7.2 and 290

Greg Oden : 7.0 and 273  

what do you think guys ? Do you think Greg Oden can lock Roy Hibbert ? Will his knees manage to support him and Roy ? Tough question

Your thoughts :

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#2 SCIENTIST SPO

SCIENTIST SPO

KING SPOEY IS COY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,536 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

GREG ODEN HASNT PLAYED IN LIKE 5 YRS 

MARK-CUBAN.gif

#3 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hard to say as of right now due to GO's inactivity. MIAMI needs to start giving GO garbage minutes(5-10mins) to bolster the guy's confidence, and to know whether he'll be able to hold up. As of right now, it's an enigma of what he can provide. I believe MIAMI will be ok, but they have to start intergrating the big GO into the games, no matter how limited the minutes. Give him 2 minutes here, 5 minutes there, but MIAMI has to know what the guy's limitations are. They can't find that out by hiding him in street clothes...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#4 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Hard to say as of right now due to GO's inactivity. MIAMI needs to start giving GO garbage minutes(5-10mins) to bolster the guy's confidence, and to know whether he'll be able to hold up. As of right now, it's an enigma of what he can provide. I believe MIAMI will be ok, but they have to start intergrating the big GO into the games, no matter how limited the minutes. Give him 2 minutes here, 5 minutes there, but MIAMI has to know what the guy's limitations are. They can't find that out by hiding him in street clothes...TEAM HEAT since '88!

This time : ONE CHOICE ! i didnt do a poll with multiples choices  :P

But what do you think ? Will he be capable or not ? I mean we are gambling then we will come back to that topic : I WAS RIGHT or NOT !  B)

#5 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,150 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

If Greg Oden is able to play and go against Hibbert he will not lock him down, but Hibbert will not average more than 16 PPG on us. Mark it down, book it, put it in your sig, do whatever, but I'm that confident. Not because I think Oden will be that good, but because Hibbert is not that good when he's facing someone remotely his size. 

#6 JulesWinnfield

JulesWinnfield

'06 '12 '13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

If healthy and in shape yes, he'll be able to guard him. Offensively, I'm not sure, he's been away for so long. You guys must remember that Hibbert is only averaging 13 PPG this season with 49% FG (somewhere around those numbers) which is few points on a meh FG% even though he takes few attempts + possesses a 7'2 baby fat frame. It's only against Bosh and Battier he puts up decent offensive numbers. 

"Home of the 2006, 2012, & 2013 NBA titles. 27 Game Winning Streak. Wade-County. Zo. UD. Big Shot Bosh. Micky & Mr. Riley. And future league MVP James Ennis."

Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion 2014! 

#7 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

it seems that no one is chocked by how Roy's body changed LOL (ok SHAQ but it was different lol) 

I think Greg will help a lot Wade and LeBron ! They drive to the paint very easily but then they have to face the VERTICALITY ! But with Greg, he will punish the Pacers defense for helping too much on Wade and LeBron ! Dunk after Dunk ! 

#8 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,856 posts
  • LocationColorado, but born & raised in the M.I.A.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

We don't even need Oden to play well. Just get in the way of Hibbert's money right hand is all we need from him. I don't know who's more money against the Heat, Hibbert and his right hand baby jump-hook or David West and his jumpers.

#9 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,812 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

This time : ONE CHOICE ! i didnt do a poll with multiples choices  :P

But what do you think ? Will he be capable or not ? I mean we are gambling then we will come back to that topic : I WAS RIGHT or NOT !  B)

Ok Maroko, I've submitted one vote this time :P. I think that the BIG GO can lock him down, but for a short period due to his inactivity. This is why I stated that GO needs to start getting garbage minutes. This will serve well for his confidence and gametime conditioning, and to see if he can hold up. Better to find out now than later...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#10 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,150 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

it seems that no one is chocked by how Roy's body changed LOL (ok SHAQ but it was different lol) 

I think Greg will help a lot Wade and LeBron ! They drive to the paint very easily but then they have to face the VERTICALITY ! But with Greg, he will punish the Pacers defense for helping too much on Wade and LeBron ! Dunk after Dunk ! 

We don't need Oden for offense, but I imagine he will play similarly to Birdman. He's got good hands. He won't finish like he use to obviously because there is no doubt that he's lost a big chunk of athleticism from his knee surgeries, but he's got much more power down in the low block then Birdman does. Even in his first game back against the Pelicans you saw flashes of that brute strength when he was bullying guys out of the way. If (and thats a big if) he ever gets back on the court and is able to stay on it his biggest adjustment will be obviously getting in game shape and learning how to play within our defensive system. I don't think offense is going to be a problem for him with LeBron and Wade taking pressure off him.

#11 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

Ok Maroko, I've submitted one vote this time :P. I think that the BIG GO can lock him down, but for a short period due to his inactivity. This is why I stated that GO needs to start getting garbage minutes. This will serve well for his confidence and gametime conditioning, and to see if he can hold up. Better to find out now than later...TEAM HEAT since '88!

Cant see your vote lol ! We are 2 voters : Jules and I 

#12 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,150 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

Personally I would be more excited about this then anything Oden would do on offense if he's able to play.

It would be hilarious to see Vogel complain about fouls on Oden on a similar play as the one above when Hibbert does the same exact thing multiplied by 2.

#13 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

i fear that he will in foul trouble very quickly but he could be a real wall for us in defense ! We wont be outrebounded by a big margin this time ! 

#14 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,150 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

i fear that he will in foul trouble very quickly but he could be a real wall for us in defense ! We wont be outrebounded by a big margin this time ! 

No doubt he was a foul machine when he played, but the great thing is he doesnt have to worry about being in foul trouble. He's not going to be seeing more than 20 minutes per game if he plays, so its not a big deal if he racks up a few quick fouls here and there. Also with this new "verticality" rule and maybe Spo saying something to the refs like Vogel did last year he will get more leniency of defense.

#15 Starter

Starter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Greg hasn't play all those years, if he would have been in the league i’m quite sure he d’be up there an All-star. as of now all we can do is be patience and wait till he get back, imo give what we saw in those limited minutes this season, going forward, I would say he be bounce back and be a true force in the paint vs the like of Hibbert , He still still young Center…. 

HeaTNation

#16 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,297 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

Ahh just can't trust those knees though. They're bound to screw up again, hate to say it. I'd say for us get another insurance big. We're not gonna find anybody talented but we need at least another big body to put on Hibbert. The pickup of Birdman last year proved fundamental in the playoffs, without him we would have been destroyed by Indiana. There will always be some dude in the buyout market.

Joel Anthony is useless because of the size disadvantage. Better get rid of him quick to clear space for someone in free agency or who gets bought out. 

#17 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

I will go with Mr. Greggy because he dominate the game before he got injured and waste of time talking about an overrated hibbert.

Talented Mr. Spo will unleash sexual chocolate in the next pacers-heat game.

#18 KingOfMiami6

KingOfMiami6

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationOn Your Screen

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:07 AM

a healthy Oden would own Hibbert any day.. thats why Oden is ony going to play 20 games max this season.. Get a 3peat and let him go all out next year if he chooses to stay.

Posted Image

-- Welcome to Miami Norris Cole. Represent Dayton, Ohio and Miami. The new BIG 4 --

#19 ChicagoWynd

ChicagoWynd

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Greg Oden would bring a completely different dimension to the Miami Heat, on both ends of the floor. On offense, his sheer size and rebounding ability will make Indiana rethink some of its defensive strategies. And on defense, he will allow Miami to employ some schemes that do not lend themselves well to its currently undersized roster.

For example, Miami's most prominent advantage against Indiana is Lebron in the post. However, every time Lebron catches the ball in the post, Hibbert immediately establishes help position near the rim, completely uncovering his man in the process. He does this for two reasons: 1) He knows that Lebron will abuse either George or Stevenson in the post, and 2) He is not fearful that his man, who is typically Miami's PF on the floor, will secure a rebound over him or do anything else to dissuade him from shifting to his help position on Lebron's post ups.

But Hibbert may not be so willing to completely uncover Oden, for Oden is a tremendous rebounder who can effectively take advantage of weak side rebounding opportunities and also convert lob passes. As a result, Indiana will be forced to make a decision to either continue sending Hibbert over to help against Lebron in the post, thus conceding weak side rebounds to Oden, or keep Hibbert connected to Oden and leave Lebron with room to operate comfortably in the post. 

On defense, Oden could be a difference maker unlike anyone Miami has had since the formation of the Big 3. I'm sure that we have all heard coaches imploring their players to "Make your opponent feel you!" But Hibbert feels nothing going up against any of the bigs on Miami's active roster. He knows that whoever is guarding him will not even be able to get close to the point at which he releases the ball, so he just methodically backs into position and casts up his shot with complete comfort and confidence.

Greg Oden is a shot blocker extraordinaire, however, with the added advantages of size and strength. These traits will make Hibbert's attempts at scoring significantly more challenging, and will allow Miami to play defense without having to double the post as often as it does now. What's more, Oden can influence a lot more on the defensive end than just his man's efficiency. 

Oden is a legitimate rim protector who excels at blocking and altering shots, which will make would be penetrators rethink their decisions to storm the lane while he is in the game. He does not have the lateral quickness to execute Miami's ball trapping scheme, neither should Miami wish for him to do so. My belief is that Spo will use him similarly to how Thom Thibodeau uses Joakim Noah and Frank Vogel uses Roy Hibbert: let him play off of the screen, thus giving up only the mid-range jumpshot.  

Finally, Oden possesses an exceptional rebounding radius. His efforts on the glass for Miami will lead to far more second chance points, far fewer offensive rebounds given up to the opponent, and better transition offense and defense, as fewer bodies will be needed to clean the glass and can, thus, be redeployed to transition.  

#20 SlyB33r

SlyB33r

Deal With It (⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just hope Greg Oden doesn't get abused by Hibbert like Tyson Chandler did in the playoffs. Chandler made Hibbert look like Kareem in that series. 

Introducing the new Miami Heat shot clock. Now with 20% less cheese.runaway.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greg Oden, Roy Hibbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users