#1 Danny

Danny

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:54 PM

670-heatcavalierspost-131214.jpg
(Photo Credit: Mike Ehrmann)

The Miami HEAT kicked off their five-game homestand with a 114-107 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers Saturday night at AmericanAirlines Arena. The win was the HEAT’s ninth straight over the Cavaliers.

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh were all excellent in the HEAT’s victory over the Cavaliers. James racked up 25 points, nine rebounds and nine assists. Wade added 24 points and six rebounds. Bosh put up 22 points and 12 rebounds. Together, those three outscored the Cavaliers starters 71-54 and outrebounded the Cavaliers starters 27-17. James, Wade and Bosh were supremely efficient on the night and Cleveland had no answer for them. Miami scored 54 points in the paint and 22 points at the line. The HEAT’s trio pounded those areas of the floor, accounting for 40 of the paint points and 15 free throw makes.

The Deciding Run: Miami held a lead as big as 19 points in the third quarter, but the Cavaliers were able to chip away at the deficit behind a barrage of threes, eventually taking a lead in the fourth quarter. The HEAT trailed 95-91 with 7:24 left in the game after a Dion Waiters layup. From there, Miami went on a 19-8 run to take a 110-103 lead with just 29 seconds left, essentially putting the game away. Miami went on the run by locking down on the Cavaliers offense which had been excellent in the second half. That, coupled with a couple of timely threes from Mario Chalmers ultimately got the HEAT the victory.

Play of the Game: The HEAT offense got stagnant for stretches in the second half. They were struggling to get open looks and when they did get them they didn’t have much success in knocking them down. After a timeout at the 7:24 mark of the fourth quarter, the HEAT looked much crisper. It’s fitting that the eventual dagger, a Mario Chalmers corner three, came out of a very patient possession for the HEAT offense. Chris Bosh and LeBron James each turned down contested looks in search of a better one. James eventually found Chalmers in the left corner as the shot clock was winding down. Chalmers nailed the three, giving Miami an 8-point lead with 1:36 left in the game.

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 119.7; Defensive Efficiency: 108.1

Trend to Watch: Over the last few weeks we’ve seen Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers share the floor quite a bit. Tonight, they played together for eight minutes and outscored the Cavaliers by 16 points during that time. Cole and Chalmers together gives the HEAT a new look with strong offense and defense. Both point guards can attack the rim and stretch the floor. They bring solid passing and playmaking to the floor. But where they’re a real pain for opponents is on the defensive end. In those eight minutes tonight the Cavaliers had 12 possessions and turned the ball over on five of them. All season long they’ve caused all kinds of trouble for opposing ball-handlers and that was clearly the case tonight. Going forward, Cole and Chalmers succeeding together will allow the HEAT to throw a number of new, different looks at opponents. It’s something to keep an eye on as the new year approaches. More minutes for the two point guards means more opportunities to keep Dwyane Wade and Ray Allen fresh.

The Takeaway: Outside of the third quarter, the HEAT played really well. In the first half they put up 68 points, thoroughly dominating the Cavaliers defense. The HEAT offense was flowing and creating a number of open looks at the rim for LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. The ball movement was very good and was a big part of the offensive explosion. Miami hit a lull in the third quarter that carried over into the early parts of the fourth quarter. But things turned around with plenty of time to right the ship. The last seven minutes or so of the fourth quarter were vintage HEAT basketball. They played tight defense, forced turnovers and got shots at the rim and in the corners. Once the run started, there was nothing the Cavaliers could do to slow the HEAT down. It was a nice bounceback performance after the loss of the Pacers on Tuesday.

Notes: Ray Allen scored 12 points off the bench. Mario Chalmers added 11 points and five assists. Michael Beasley and Greg Oden were inactive.

Infographic:

131214-infernofastbreak.jpg

#2 FT will win us RING

FT will win us RING

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

this game don't matter to me, bring on the Pacers! hoping that Granger and Beasely will be active on that game.

1897862_525862054189624_4025206878522373

#3 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

this game don't matter to me, bring on the Pacers! hoping that Granger and Beasely will be active on that game.

I understand your eargerness, but one game at a time my friend; each opponent is a game in itself, preparing you for the next one ;)....TEAM HEAT since '88!

#4 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

Outside of that horrid third quarter, MIAMI executed a nice game on both ends of the hardwood. I know it may  be a asking too much, but if MIAMI could get this type of game for 4 qtrs, MIAMI will be virtually unstoppable. Although it waas against the Cavs, the effort from BOSH was a pleasure to witness. Hoping to see more games from the BIG3 like this as well, continuing with the Jazz...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#5 DADE_COUNTY

DADE_COUNTY

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

Bosh was a monster today.

#6 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,896 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

This was such a great berfdae present for me. It was grand~

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#7 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

(+)

• LeBron James (only 2 Turnovers)
  • Bosh ! He was very aggressive on both sides and he rebounded well
  • Wade's offense in the first half
  • Norris Cole more than the stats just look at how Kyrie Irving looked gassed 
  • Rio with his 2 triple in the 4th quarter
  • Birdman trolling with that 3 !
  • PROPS FOR SPO FOR BENCHING WADE IN THE LAST MINUTES OF THE GAME : THATS THE TURNING POINT !!! #FACTS ! Respect ! 
  • Ray Allen : 24,000 points in his career ! Respect²

(-) 

• It was only the Cavs 
  • Wade's defense is just horrible (after the pacers the heat got outscored when he is on the court)
  • Wade's cardio ! I heard Tim Grover was in the buidling, i hope he will train him more harder. Wade was a ghost in the 2nd half no legs lucky he got 3 days off before that game
  • Rio's defense : Kyrie Irving was 4/4 in that 3rd quarter where our lead was gone !
  • Shane Battier ! Maybe the consequence of being used as a power forward, not easy to play against people taller and bigger than you every night

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#8 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

A laser pass by LeBron to Ray Jesus Shuttlesworth Allen

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2iTC70Zsl_k

#9 KingOfMiami6

KingOfMiami6

King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationOn Your Screen

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

lmao at your sig. ^

Posted Image

-- Welcome to Miami Norris Cole. Represent Dayton, Ohio and Miami. The new BIG 4 --

#10 Starter

Starter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Tremendous game from the big three, hugs numbers there, as well as Chalmers with a very solid game down the stretch, teamwork was great on both end, extend to full game and we good….progress and carry on.

Good win.

HeaTNation

#11 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts
  • LocationColorado but born & raised in the M.I.A.

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

(+)

• Bosh ! He was very aggressive on both sides and he rebounded well
  • Wade's offense in the first half
  • Norris Cole more than the stats just look at how Kyrie Irving looked gassed 
  • Rio with his 2 triple in the 4th quarter
  • Birdman trolling with that 3 !
  • PROPS FOR SPO FOR BENCHING WADE IN THE LAST MINUTES OF THE GAME : THATS THE TURNING POINT !!! #FACTS ! Respect ! 
  • Ray Allen : 24,000 points in his career ! Respect²

(-) 

• It was only the Cavs 
  • Wade's defense is just horrible (after the pacers the heat got outscored when he is on the court)
  • Wade's cardio ! I heard Tim Grover was in the buidling, i hope he will train him more harder. Wade was a ghost in the 2nd half no legs lucky he got 3 days off before that game
  • Rio's defense : Kyrie Irving was 4/4 in that 3rd quarter where our lead was gone !
  • Shane Battier ! Maybe the consequence of being used as a power forward, not easy to play against people taller and bigger than you every night

Wade has his best first half of the season and the Heat win and all you do is cry about how bad Wade played? 24 pts on 60% shooting with 1 turnover is a bad game?

Crying about his defense. The three players he primarily guarded throughout the game were C.J. Miles, Dion Waiters, and Dellavedova. Miles was 1-4 for 5 pts. Waiters was 5-11 for 16 pts. Dellavedova was 2-2 for 5 points. So where was his defense SO horrible? You act like he got lit up by someone for 50 pts.

Funny how on a night when Wade and LeBron's stats are pretty similar, you see it as "LeBron played great, only 2 turnovers", but Wade "sucked".

Instead of putting "#FACTS !" in your posts, you should put "#BIASED OPINIONS !", because your anti-Wade bias comes through loud and clear in every one of your posts.

Go ahead, tell us again how you're "not a blinded fan". lol

#12 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

I said LeBron got only 2 Turnovers because this is weakness lately the turnovers, against the pacers he had 5 TO and against the Pistons 6

So i was right to point it out ! 

I didnt say anything on the 5 To from Wade !

LOL @ pretty similar stats 9 rebounds vs 6 ; 9 assists to 3 ; 4 steals to 1 

But LeBron is +6 while Wade is -13 :#FACTS 

The turning point was to bench Wade in that 4 quarter, that's the difference ! Sorry for breaking your biased heart ! 

4th quarter 4:16 Wade Substitution replaced by Cole 

At that moment : Cavs 100 - 98 Heat

Then he checks in at 2:16 

Cavs 100 - 106 They didnt score while Wade was benched 

#FACTS !

NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING LEBRON HOMER, BOSH HOMER, 

#FACTS !

That's the problem with the Wade homer in that website 

Like saying PG <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Wade this season  !

Wade was a ghost in that last quarter, he better improves his cardio and work on it with Grover ! 

NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A WADE HATER BUT MORE ABOUT A HEAT FAN !

#13 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

I said LeBron got only 2 Turnovers because this is weakness lately the turnovers, against the pacers he had 5 TO and against the Pistons 6

So i was right to point it out ! 

I didnt say anything on the 5 To from Wade !

LOL @ pretty similar stats 9 rebounds vs 6 ; 9 assists to 3 ; 4 steals to 1 

But LeBron is +6 while Wade is -13 :#FACTS 

The turning point was to bench Wade in that 4 quarter, that's the difference ! Sorry for breaking your biased heart ! 

4th quarter 4:16 Wade Substitution replaced by Cole 

At that moment : Cavs 100 - 98 Heat

Then he checks in at 2:16 

Cavs 100 - 106 They didnt score while Wade was benched 

#FACTS !

NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING LEBRON HOMER, BOSH HOMER, 

#FACTS !

That's the problem with the Wade homer in that website 

Like saying PG <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Wade this season  !

Wade was a ghost in that last quarter, he better improves his cardio and work on it with Grover ! 

NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A WADE HATER BUT MORE ABOUT A HEAT FAN !

Wade had only 1 turnover. Get your #FACTS ! straight. Get LeBron out your mouth, he came already.

Go back to CavsFanatic.com and cry about Wade there.

DWYANE WADE, THE #1 ALL-STAR VOTE-GETTER AMONG EASTERN CONFERENCE GUARDS!!!!!!! HATERS EVERYWHERE MAD!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!

#14 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

this is why the Wade homer are making this site unberreable, they have no argument and they are always butthurt !

In my list of (+)

i put 

because as i said LeBron was making a lot of TO, he was not in comparaison with any heat players !

Why on earth i will not be happy to see Wade in all start ? WHich jersey is wearing ? OH the Miami Heat ! 

Pathetic Wade homer feeling so insecure 

You said to Danny you put me in your ignore list so do it again because you bring nothing here ! 

#15 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

this is why the Wade homer are making this site unberreable, they have no argument and they are always butthurt !

In my list of (+)

i put 

because as i said LeBron was making a lot of TO, he was not in comparaison with any heat players !

Why on earth i will not be happy to see Wade in all start ? WHich jersey is wearing ? OH the Miami Heat ! 

Pathetic Wade homer feeling so insecure 

You said to Danny you put me in your ignore list so do it again because you bring nothing here ! 

I'm not a Wade homer, I'm a Heat homer.

If anyone's butthurt or insecure, it's you LeBron groupies. Have you ever seen me bash LeBron in one of my posts? Ever?

No matter what Wade does, you'll always find something to complain about. That's the hallmark of an insecure LeBron homer.

#16 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

LeBron is the best player no matter what you said ! How can i be insecure ? 

http://fans.heat.nba...now-vote-often/

OH I DIDNT VOTE FOR WADE ! DAMN !

Despite his 24 points, he got outscored when he was in the court, this is not the first time, it happens a lot ! 

Ask Spo for fixing it, but this is a fact !

#17 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Only basketball noobs judge players possession to possession, quarter by quarter and get hung up on things like +/-. Fans that really know the game see the big picture.  #FACT ! lol

#18 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

because you know nothing about baketball, this is a blattant proof ! 

This stat is very important for a coach how to make some adjustement in his rotation but this is too far for your understanding so keep it up with one column the points and you wont feel insecure ! 

Funny argument to call people NOOBS when you dont have any argument !

Could you explain why this is a noob stat ? As i said it didnt happen just once or 2 or 3 times, right ! 

#19 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:11 PM

because you know nothing about baketball, this is a blattant proof ! 

This stat is very important for a coach how to make some adjustement in his rotation but this is too far for your understanding so keep it up with one column the points and you wont feel insecure ! 

Funny argument to call people NOOBS when you dont have any argument !

Could you explain why this is a noob stat ? As i said it didnt happen just once or 2 or 3 times, right ! 

What's the point? No matter what I say, you'll disagree. Anyway, +/- is kind of a hybrid individual/team statistic. It doesn't always tell the whole story about how a particular player played.

Are you saying that Wade's Finals game 4 against the Spurs was a "bad game" because his +/- wasn't great? Lol at that logic.

#20 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Was he negative or positive this time ? He didnt got outscored by a single dimensional player Danny Green this time good ! 

It's not because you scored many points, you had a good game ! If you got outscored when you are on the court, what is the point then ? 

As i said keep going with your favourite column the POINTS ! AHAHAHAA my god ! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Miami HEAT, Cleveland Cavaliers, Game Recap, Infographic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users