#1 Danny

Danny

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

670-heatnuggetspost-131230.jpg

(Photo Credit: Bart Young)

The Miami HEAT defeated the Denver Nuggets 97-94 Monday night at the Pepsi Center. The shorthanded HEAT got their offense going in the fourth quarter to clinch the win.

Impact Performance of the Night: LeBron James led the HEAT to a victory on his 29th birthday with 26 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. James drilled five three-pointers, a couple of which kept the HEAT afloat during some offensive lulls. In the fourth quarter, James was a facilitator down the stretch, finding open HEAT shooters along the perimeter. With Dwyane Wade and Norris Cole leaving the game early due to injury, James took over the playmaking reins. He attacked the Nuggets in the post and off the bounce, only to turn and fire passes to Ray Allen, Chris Bosh and Michael Beasley. It was a strong overall performance from James.

The Deciding Run: The HEAT trailed the Nuggets by three points with 6:50 left to play. The offense was struggling to create open looks against the Denver defense and the Nuggets were getting to the rim with regularity. That changed after Ty Lawson made a pair of free throws. Chris Bosh made a pair of jumpers to get things going for the HEAT. Ray Allen followed with a three and the HEAT offense started to roll. Over the last 6:50 the HEAT outscored the Nuggets 18-12 to grab the victory.  

Play of the Game: Down the stretch, Miami struggled to put the Nuggets away. The HEAT would take a lead and the Nuggets would respond. With 50 seconds left Wilson Chandler got a dunk to pull the Nuggets within one. The HEAT called a timeout to set up the offense. LeBron James isolated against Chandler in the left corner as the shot clock wound down. With just a handful of seconds left James attacked the paint, sucking in the Nuggets defense. Once the defense committed to James, he kicked out a pass to Michael Beasley at the top of the arc. Beasley calmly fired from deep, hitting nothing but net. His basket gave the HEAT a three-point lead and enough cushion to pull out the win.

131230-beasleythree.gif

Efficiency Rating: Offensive Efficiency: 111.1; Defensive Efficiency: 101.2

Trend to Watch: For the second straight game, the HEAT found themselves in a hole in the fourth quarter. Against the Blazers, the HEAT were able to knock down a few jumpers late to secure the win. Tonight’s win followed much of the same script, this time with Michael Beasley and Ray Allen playing the part of Chris Bosh. The HEAT’s season long shooting numbers remain strong, but they had been slumping from three-point range. Tonight was the HEAT’s second straight game shooting over 40-percent from deep, with a couple of makes coming in the clutch. What makes the HEAT so dangerous is that they surround LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade with dangerous shooters. When they’re hitting, the HEAT become really hard to stop. Shane Battier got things going early in the game, helping out the offense. Allen and Beasley hit some big shots late, sealing the victory. If the HEAT shooters can get into a groove, the team will be quite dangerous in the New Year.

The Takeaway: We’ve often stressed process over results in this space, and in that regard, tonight’s game wasn’t so great. The HEAT offense was stagnant for long stretches and the defense gave up 48 points in the paint. LeBron James hit a bunch of threes that weren’t in rhythm to keep things afloat long enough for the HEAT to turn things around. To be fair, the HEAT were dealing with a great deal of adversity. Chris Andersen was out again and both Dwyane Wade and Norris Cole were forced out of the game by injury. In Cole and Andersen, the HEAT lost their energy players off the bench. In Wade, the HEAT lost one of their primary offensive hubs. Also, this was the last game of a four-game road trip at a high altitude. All of that is what makes the HEAT win impressive. They didn’t play the basketball that they’re known for, but they were able to claw their way to a win. Down the stretch, once the closing lineup was able to get a few possessions under their belt, things got much smoother. James started to work more in the high and mid post, getting open looks for himself and others. The most important takeaway from tonight’s game is the team’s mental makeup. They were dealt a tough hand and still found a way to make it work,

Notes: Chris Bosh finished with 17 points and five rebounds. Ray Allen scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds off the bench. Dwyane Wade scored 12 points in 18 minutes. Mario Chalmers tallied 10 points and nine assists. Chris Andersen and Greg Oden were inactive.

Infographic:

131230-infernofastbreak.jpg

#2 Blazer Nation

Blazer Nation

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, AL

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

Excellent as always Danny. Is there any word on Wade's status?

Mario Chalmers for 3...Kaboom!!!!

#3 Danny

Danny

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

Excellent as always Danny. Is there any word on Wade's status?

Not that I've heard. I suspect we'll get an update on the 1st.

#4 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

22993520131231083125.jpg

On this Board, people are quoting me for existing ! 

Maroko_Banderas_owning_Bitches_HeatFakeD

#5 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

King James and his Heatles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Locationplace without a dwade homer.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

not necessarily a big game to him just ordinary, but i take that double double cashed in. if he lock down more he fill that plus minus stats easily.

lebron-buzzer-beater-o.gif

lebron-half-court-shot-o.gif

NO ONE CAN ARGUE HE'S COLD BLOODED AND MOST CLUTCH SHOOTER ALL TIME!

#6 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

The Bulls had : Brian Scalabrine aka the White Mamba

scalabrine-meme.jpg

And now we got Joel Anthony aka Sexy Chocolate

131230-anthonyenters.gif

We couldnt lose tonight with him

#7 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

must be the final boss of memes!

#8 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

(+)

• The start ! Man we were in control of that game so easily
  • LeBron ! I like it so much when he plays in the post, he is almost unstoppable (he still needs to work on his footwork) 2/3 at 3 where needed tonight !
  • Bosh : A solid game and very efficient 8/12 at 2
  • Wade ! When he is playing off the ball and slashing to the rim, no one can stop us !
  • Cole : After that hard fall man he is just proved that he is a warrior MY GOD !
  • Mario : 9 assists 
  • Beasley : Clutch  ! He is Norris Cole 2.0 --> Last year it was Cole who put the dagger after an assist from LeBron
  • Battier : 2/3 at 3, it's nice to see him comeback
  • Joel Anthony : FT to shoot NO PROBLEM
  • Ray Allen : Clutch ! even if he missed a crucial FT

(-)

• Wade : It's more a concern - back spams now
  • LeBron's health : You can see sometimes he is dealing with some pains
  • Mario's defense : Lawson was too much for him 
  • Beasley's defense is nowhere ready ! He has some diffiulty to rotate good !
  • UD : It's very hard to watch him right now. very painful 

#9 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

131230-beasleythree.gif

I was low in bandwidth and saw this gif in shi2 frame rate and thinks there's tons of space for the drive. there's always tons of space for his drives and on this one, he chose to dive in the double to draw it you see a little trickle on that helper and beas got super cool feed taste!

#10 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

I was low in bandwidth and saw this gif in shi2 frame rate and thinks there's tons of space for the drive. there's always tons of space for his drives and on this one, he chose to dive in the double to draw it you see a little trickle on that helper and beas got super cool feed taste!

the quality is low but this is exactly the same play from last year and Norris Cole put the dagger after Lebron was driving to the paint and pass it to our warrior 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4k8jFnXWA-g

See SPOEY we are posting at the same time, how about it now ? 

#11 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

i knew that. i got game replays. he was from weak left spot.

#12 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

Joel Anthony outscored UD 2 to 0... :ph34r:

#13 Starter

Starter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Good win, feels good to close this road trip and last game of the year on a good note, game wasn't as entertaining as we use to from our Heat, but guys did the necessary to get this game in a tough contest, in all we got contribution from everybody on the court last night...

Looking forward for more  great Heat ball next year…… Good Win..

HeaTNation

#14 heatphin4lyfe

heatphin4lyfe

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
  • LocationBorn in FLA. Reside in NC

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Nice way to close out the year ;). MIAMI once again gave us HEATians an array of emotions for an otherwise perceived easy game. With key players getting hurt or not playing, MIAMI made enough plays down the stretch to overtake the Nuggets. Defensively, MIAMI still has a plethora of work to do to get into championship form. Offensively, MIAMI has other guys stepping up making key contributions at key moments. Keep striving, things will come together...TEAM HEAT since '88!

#15 federer

federer

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

Who would have thought the only loss in that last road trip would be to the kings? Still I am so proud of the guys showing such resolve through adversity.GO HEAT, 3PEAT.

#16 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

I figured we would go 3-1 on this road trip. Did not expect the Kings to be that one loss though. :lol:

Anyways, I hope Wade and Cole will be healthy enough to play against the Splash Bros. We will need as much Guard depth as possible against that squad. 

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#17 Maroko

Maroko

The Final BOSS

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,340 posts
  • LocationCole World

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B2-AmZTAN_w

#18 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

what a bum. didn't make that shot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Miami HEAT, Denver Nuggets, Game Recap, Infographic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users