#21 LeBronNY2014

LeBronNY2014

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationNew York Queens

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

It would be a blowout by the Bulls if you're talking the 13-14 Heat vs whatever year you choose where Pippen/Jordan/Rodman were together.

You guys are delusional. If you said Wade was in his prime then it'd be more contested (though I'd still take the Bulls), but yeah Wade is past his prime now, Lebron is starting to decline, and Bosh has lost his swagger (went with the dreads I guess).

I guess you are right I might be delusional because most of Heat games I was not able to see the killer instinct the Bulls showed. Even if you are the worst team in the NBA, Jordan and the Bulls would not show mercy unlike the Heat who complacently underestimate them which is very evident why we are losing on a team with a losing record this year. Although when Heat are being challenged by a very tough team they will rise to the occasion and challenged them which makes me think if Heat will make it in a consistently basis I think they will have a shot to break the 72-10 record posted by Jordan and the Bulls. Unfortunately it wont happen. Anyway, I will stand it will go down the wire and would go down to game 7 because Heat are as resilient as the Bulls when challenged.

24l7na0.jpg

#22 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

I guess you are right I might be delusional because most of Heat games I was not able to see the killer instinct the Bulls showed. Even if you are the worst team in the NBA, Jordan and the Bulls would not show mercy unlike the Heat who complacently underestimate them which is very evident why we are losing on a team with a losing record this year. Although when Heat are being challenged by a very tough team they will rise to the occasion and challenged them which makes me think if Heat will make it in a consistently basis I think they will have a shot to break the 72-10 record posted by Jordan and the Bulls. Unfortunately it wont happen. Anyway, I will stand it will go down the wire and would go down to game 7 because Heat are as resilient as the Bulls when challenged.

Yeah, but resiliency can only take you so far. The Bulls were just straight-up much more talented. The difference is astounding. And the big 3 of the Bulls complemented each other much more than the big 3 of the Heat do. Wade and Lebron are much more similar in the way they play than Pippen and Jordan were. Rodman didn't need to provide scoring, but what he did was provide like 17 rebounds per game, which is ridiculous. Compare that to Bosh who is a mere spot-up midrange jumpshooter in the Heat offense and you see the difference. 

#23 LeBronNY2014

LeBronNY2014

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, but resiliency can only take you so far. The Bulls were just straight-up much more talented. The difference is astounding. And the big 3 of the Bulls complemented each other much more than the big 3 of the Heat do. Wade and Lebron are much more similar in the way they play than Pippen and Jordan were. Rodman didn't need to provide scoring, but what he did was provide like 17 rebounds per game, which is ridiculous. Compare that to Bosh who is a mere spot-up midrange jumpshooter in the Heat offense and you see the difference. 

I guess you have a very good point. Anyway, this might sound crazy but Heat's 2nd stringer is better than Bull's. Superstars like Jordan, Pippen and Wade, LeBron will be expected to step up and give their best but the 2nd stringers will make the difference on how the game flow throughout most of the 48 minutes game.

24l7na0.jpg

#24 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

lol I can't fathom this discussion. The Bulls were incredibly dominant. Pippen, Jordan and Rodman played with 100% energy on both ends of the floor for 48 minutes. As talented as the Miami Heat is, lets go ahead and remove Bosh from the equation. Bosh would **** his pants if he had Rodman guarding him. Or...he might actually like that come to think of it...

Anyway, Pippen is one of the best on ball defenders of all time. Lebron would catch hell trying to go against him. Jordan was quicker than Wade, stronger than Wade, taller than Wade and longer than Wade. As great as Wade was, Jordan was miles better. It's just not fair. Bulls would dominate against the Heat's "Big 3". 

If we're not talking about the Lakers or Celtics, then no one belongs in the conversation against the Bulls. That's just reality.

MJ and Pippen didn't just win championships, they destroyed hall of famers and broke up franchises. 

#25 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

It would be a blowout by the Bulls if you're talking the 13-14 Heat vs whatever year you choose where Pippen/Jordan/Rodman were together.

You guys are delusional. If you said Wade was in his prime then it'd be more contested (though I'd still take the Bulls), but yeah Wade is past his prime now, Lebron is starting to decline, and Bosh has lost his swagger (went with the dreads I guess).

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I am laughing here. I can agree with Wade being past his prime and old and Bosh losing his swagger(he never had swagger, not on the Raptors and not on the Heat), but Lebron declining now? In what world? This coming from a big Lebron hater

#26 BDR

BDR

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

This is silly...as much as I love my Heat...the Bulls would sweep in either time period. Not Close IMHO.

#27 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

I wasn't going to comment on this, but I am laughing here. I can agree with Wade being past his prime and old and Bosh losing his swagger(he never had swagger, not on the Raptors and not on the Heat), but Lebron declining now? In what world? This coming from a big Lebron hater

I despise Lebron and I agree, he is definitely not declining. I do think he's getting worn out from playing so much and needs more help, but otherwise he's fine. 

#28 Lucky06

Lucky06

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Rodman will make Kim Jong Un fauk Bosh faggit as

#29 rafroch

rafroch

Team-First Mentality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Man you guys suck at getting sarcasm

#30 HeatFanDan

HeatFanDan

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts
  • LocationColorado, but born & raised in the M.I.A.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

She's a borderline retard man, she can't help it. lol

#31 305LWB

305LWB

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Jordan was a better defender than Lebron. LBJ can guard a lot of positions but isn't a very good on-ball defender. Proof is that the Heat are much more efficient defensively without him on the court this season. That never happened with MJ.

Believe it or not it actually did. With that said I agree Jordan was a better defender one on one but LeBron besides this year has been a great one on one defender. The fact that he's able to guard PG's so well is a testament to that. I also think LeBron when locked in has more impact on help defense simply because he can guard the PG in a pick & roll and switch to the roll man.

#32 Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Miami Heat Fan 4 Life

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10,223 posts
  • LocationHialeah,Florida

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

With today's rules it would be Miami, with 90s rules it's a coinflip.

With today's rules Miami wins in a close series lol can you imagine Rodman getting techs every play, 90's rules Bulls win easily.

#33 Master Spo™

Master Spo™

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationAtlantis The Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

There is no diva during MJ, Scottie and Rodman days.

#34 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

King James and his Heatles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Locationplace without a dwade homer.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

With today's rules it would be Miami, with 90s rules it's a coinflip.

lol. James would destroy this fragile 6'4" 205 scrub who happened to be the most athletic in that no show 90's. Modern medicine has increased, athleticism has increased. oh and btw he wouldn't get the calls, the very same calls he received protecting him from any contact, not even hand check plus he has no jump shot, James will lock down all 3 of those scrubs he don't need wade and bosh just something weaker, a giraffe or so!

lebron-buzzer-beater-o.gif

lebron-half-court-shot-o.gif

NO ONE CAN ARGUE HE'S COLD BLOODED AND MOST CLUTCH SHOOTER ALL TIME!

#35 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

There is no diva during MJ, Scottie and Rodman days.

THEY ARE THE DEFINITION OF DIVAS! THEY ARE THE SCUM!

#36 RwC

RwC

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:13 AM

By my definition of rules I never meant this physical ******** that is being promoted as if it's something that made basketball good. It only made 7ft tall guys desirable in the NBA because they didn't need to know a lick of defense, they could always just push you to the ground if you blew past them.

What I meant by 90s is the no zone rule, the general style of ball being played and pace. The Bulls were one of the slowest paced teams in that time but they were still right there with what's considered fast today. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman never saw 7ft dudes shoot threes or midrange jumpers like Bosh does. 3pt shooting wasn't really that popular and we all know how bad Jordan was at it. Sure he popped it up to mid 30s percentage wise towards the end of his career but the dude needed like 6 seasons to actually go from 10% to more,...

It's why I think is retarded to even try comparing teams, players, whatever,... we will never know and basketball is very different than it was. An average fan today can dissect any player's game into smallest detail just by watching youtube because everything is accesible. Back then if you missed the game you only saw Jordan on the front page with a surreal number that highlighted his performance and that was it. They had to record games on tapes and rewatch them which I imagine took a shitload of time whereas now even we can see on nba.com every field goal made, almost every movement by a player, we have so many charts, articles, statistics that it's crazy.

So if an average fan has acces to all that, what do the teams have? The detail must be insane which gives everybody an edge over opposite team's players. 20 years ago you would need a season's worth of video tape to study Jordan's moves at which point he was already working on other moves,... 

ShrillUniformLamb.gif

#37 Nolio

Nolio

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

By my definition of rules I never meant this physical ******** that is being promoted as if it's something that made basketball good. It only made 7ft tall guys desirable in the NBA because they didn't need to know a lick of defense, they could always just push you to the ground if you blew past them.

What I meant by 90s is the no zone rule, the general style of ball being played and pace. The Bulls were one of the slowest paced teams in that time but they were still right there with what's considered fast today. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman never saw 7ft dudes shoot threes or midrange jumpers like Bosh does. 3pt shooting wasn't really that popular and we all know how bad Jordan was at it. Sure he popped it up to mid 30s percentage wise towards the end of his career but the dude needed like 6 seasons to actually go from 10% to more,...

It's why I think is retarded to even try comparing teams, players, whatever,... we will never know and basketball is very different than it was. An average fan today can dissect any player's game into smallest detail just by watching youtube because everything is accesible. Back then if you missed the game you only saw Jordan on the front page with a surreal number that highlighted his performance and that was it. They had to record games on tapes and rewatch them which I imagine took a shitload of time whereas now even we can see on nba.com every field goal made, almost every movement by a player, we have so many charts, articles, statistics that it's crazy.

So if an average fan has acces to all that, what do the teams have? The detail must be insane which gives everybody an edge over opposite team's players. 20 years ago you would need a season's worth of video tape to study Jordan's moves at which point he was already working on other moves,... 

Hmmm, that's a very valid point. I never really thought about that. 

#38 KingJamesting a fool

KingJamesting a fool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

low tech no show air scrub.

#39 LeBronNY2014

LeBronNY2014

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:42 AM

Actually teams where using floating zone in illegal defense era. Anyway Im just wondering if Bulls can stop Wade, LeBron and Bosh when they are on the zone.

24l7na0.jpg

#40 TheEarlyNovemberFan

TheEarlyNovemberFan

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

Your post was sarcasm? Didn't seem like it to me. Work better at it next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users