348 replies to this topic

#341 MaxHeat69

MaxHeat69

Emperor's EYE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:34 PM

The Miami coaching staff has to learn to develop and promote the most potential young talent in our ranks ASAP more thanever this year,....
LOL I love how MaxHeat69 has over 1500 posts, and he's not a Heat guy (MoodMuzik)(Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM)

#342 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:57 PM

The Miami coaching staff has to learn to develop and promote the most potential young talent in our ranks ASAP more thanever this year,....

These kids develop themselves.  A coaching staff can point them in the right direction but its up to them whether they want to put forth the effort required.  

#343 platinum

platinum

Towel boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location*Pilipinas*

Posted Today, 06:19 AM

Really? Cuz I heard a completely different story where Riley saw Wade competely destroyed his old college team Kentucky in the NCAA tourney and was high on him after that.

Riley: I've always wanted to coach veterans. I've always preferred to coach 25- or 26-year-olds who had some experience. I also never believed that our team was ever going to be bad enough to think we'd get a high pick. But that year we ended up with No. 5, and I was looking at point guards and centers; that's what we needed. I had guys like Kirk HinrichT.J. Ford and Chris Kaman high on our list, and I was interested in them. Dwyane was on there, but at the start of the process, I wasn't sure.

You sure you are a Heat fan back then?

------------------------------------------------------------

Petron - Arwind Santos (versatile Pilipino PF)

#344 platinum

platinum

Towel boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location*Pilipinas*

Posted Today, 06:21 AM

Oh.. It was Randy Pfund not Andy Elisburg.. He was the one credited on drafting Caron Butler too..

#345 ChampaynePapi

ChampaynePapi

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted Today, 06:28 AM

Riley: I've always wanted to coach veterans. I've always preferred to coach 25- or 26-year-olds who had some experience. I also never believed that our team was ever going to be bad enough to think we'd get a high pick. But that year we ended up with No. 5, and I was looking at point guards and centers; that's what we needed. I had guys like Kirk Hinrich, T.J. Ford and Chris Kaman high on our list, and I was interested in them. Dwyane was on there, but at the start of the process, I wasn't sure.

You sure you are a Heat fan back then?

Checkmate

#346 platinum

platinum

Towel boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location*Pilipinas*

Posted Today, 06:32 AM

Drafting talented NBA players consistently every year is impossible, yes Riley was interested in drafting Bosh not Wade but didn't both players ended up being allstars that led us to 4 straight NBA finals ?

But not able to get atleast a good role player in the past 10 years means something.. I'm not saying draft a player who will be a star year after year.. but atleast get a young player who can contribute or be a good role player. 2 out of 15 players is a sign of not a good talent evaluator.

And i was saying Riley can get no wrong in 2003 draft.. whoever he chose on his said list (Kaman, Hinrich and Ford) will be a starter caliber player so drafting Wade is an exception.

#347 platinum

platinum

Towel boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location*Pilipinas*

Posted Today, 06:32 AM

Drafting talented NBA players consistently every year is impossible, yes Riley was interested in drafting Bosh not Wade but didn't both players ended up being allstars that led us to 4 straight NBA finals ?

But not able to get atleast a good role player in the past 10 years means something.. I'm not saying draft a player who will be a star year after year.. but atleast get a young player who can contribute or be a good role player. 2 out of 15 players is a sign of not a good talent evaluator.

And i was saying Riley can get no wrong in 2003 draft.. whoever he chose on his said list (Kaman, Hinrich and Ford) will be a starter caliber player so drafting Wade is an exception.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.. Please delete this one.. thanks.

Edited by platinum, Today, 06:57 AM.

#348 ChampaynePapi

ChampaynePapi

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted Today, 06:40 AM

These kids develop themselves.  A coaching staff can point them in the right direction but its up to them whether they want to put forth the effort required.

it also helps when you have a coach that plays his rookies

#349 platinum

platinum

Towel boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location*Pilipinas*

Posted Today, 06:55 AM

Checkmate

Riley crediting Pfund on Wade drafting"

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3617066

Oral history of the 2003 draft:

http://espn.go.com/n...3-lottery-draft

In that article Riley said Wade's performance against Kentucky made them include  him on their target list but not that high.. It was always Bosh then Kaman, Hinrich or Ford.. It was Pfund who is high on Wade not Riley.. I don't know about that video but if that video's purpose was to make Riley look good then so be it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users