All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • LocationSE Florida

Posted Yesterday, 03:08 PM

We still have a shot at McGee lol

Looks like ha...

Just kidding! JaVale McGee will NOT be signing with the Celtics http://sbnation.com/e/7921844 

#403 Majestic

Majestic

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • LocationSE Florida

Posted Yesterday, 03:08 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski        

JaVale McGee and Boston couldn't agree on option for next season, league source tells Yahoo. Celtics wanted team option; McGee player option

#404 BornNRaisedCountyOfDade

BornNRaisedCountyOfDade

Heat Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted Yesterday, 03:16 PM

Does anyone else notice that we have 1 true pf on this team? Haslem cant play 20 min at most. Which leaves us with small ball for most of the game with walker or Beasley at the 4. Good luck guarding Nene, Gasol, or love with that. We need a PF who can also slide to the C at times. Mcgee would be a reinforcement, Blatche would be a necessity.

Blatche is a PF more than a C... he plays no defense. If you have not seen him play, go check him out on youtube and watch him on defense.  He would not be able to handle Gasol or Nene or Love any better than Haslem could. Blatche is an offensive player.

McGee would at least be able to shot block, so I would prefer him over Blatche at this point for reserve C and as a defender. Blatche was only interesting to me before we signed Beasley. This was because Blatche shoots jumpers on offense a lot. So he could have tried to emulate Bosh some, but Beasley can do that as well, and Beas is a more deadly shooter and can do much more with the ball.

Click to See why You should Boo Lebron & Mike Miller

We are the Hardest Working, Best Conditioned, Most Professional, Most Un-Selfish, Toughest, Meanest, Most Disliked team in the NBA & we wouldn't want it any other way!!!

#405 GQ7

GQ7

The Anti-Hero

• Moderators
  • 6,922 posts
  • LocationNorth Cack-a-Lack

Posted Yesterday, 03:21 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski        

JaVale McGee and Boston couldn't agree on option for next season, league source tells Yahoo. Celtics wanted team option; McGee player option

I understand WHY hes trying to go for a player option...but cmon son... you have NO CLOUT to negotiate for something like that...

Posted Image

Excellence is only a prerequisite...

#406 rafroch

rafroch

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,874 posts
  • LocationMiami-Dade, Florida

Posted Yesterday, 03:58 PM

This begs the question: Would Riley be willing to accommodate McGee's request?

#407 BornNRaisedCountyOfDade

BornNRaisedCountyOfDade

Heat Lifer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted Yesterday, 04:01 PM

I understand WHY hes trying to go for a player option...but cmon son... you have NO CLOUT to negotiate for something like that...

Yea, I guess he wants to be able to choose his future with how much he has moved around the past few years. Boston just wants to use him to make the playoff push and then throw him away if he does not come up big/do enough this year, or have him locked in if he does well.

I would take him here with player option. He is still young enough for Riley, Zo, Spo(I don't like his in game coaching, but he can instill the guy with our values) & our great staff to mold.

If McGee did not pan out, then in 2016-17 he would become an UFA anyway right? So no big risk, just one slot taken up for next year as reserve C.

Birdman will turn 38 during next season & Haslem really has no spot if Bosh & McRoberts both return as PFs. I wish Haslem would become a coach next year... we would have so many PFs and Cs. I don't want to lose McRoberts, Beasley or McGee should they do well here.

PF:  Bosh, McRoberts, Beasley

SF:  Deng, Ennis

C:    Whiteside. McGeee

SG:  Wade, Chalmers, TJ

PG:  Dragic, Napier

Extra 3: Birdman, Haslem, Zoran? 

This seems nice to me, I guess we need more shooting. But, Bosh & McRoberts can both hit over 100 3pointers next year, that would add the needed deep threats. Hopefully Wade works on his 3pter as well and the young guards, same deal, come back better and with more weapons.

LOL... I made all this up over Mcgee that might not even ever come here, but its a slow day in Heat news.

Click to See why You should Boo Lebron & Mike Miller

We are the Hardest Working, Best Conditioned, Most Professional, Most Un-Selfish, Toughest, Meanest, Most Disliked team in the NBA & we wouldn't want it any other way!!!

#408 propheticWrit

propheticWrit

All-NBA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Why not?  He can easily find half a dozen teams that would love to sign him for the rest of this season and let him explore free agency this offseason.  It makes no sense for him to allow himself to be locked into a two year deal.

#409 Takashi

Takashi

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationWade County

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

I wish we would've given Josh McRoberts contract offer to Anthony Morrow

DWadeOverLovePutback1.gif

#410 Tim&ZO

Tim&ZO

Rotation Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted Today, 09:33 AM

Blatche is a PF more than a C... he plays no defense. If you have not seen him play, go check him out on youtube and watch him on defense. He would not be able to handle Gasol or Nene or Love any better than Haslem could. Blatche is an offensive player.

McGee would at least be able to shot block, so I would prefer him over Blatche at this point for reserve C and as a defender. Blatche was only interesting to me before we signed Beasley. This was because Blatche shoots jumpers on offense a lot. So he could have tried to emulate Bosh some, but Beasley can do that as well, and Beas is a more deadly shooter and can do much more with the ball.

I watched Blatche alot when he played for the nets full games not highlights. Better defender than you are giving him credit for. Does not have the iq issues of beas. he is an OK POST DEFENDER. Better post defending options than Walker and Beas. 6'11" here, bigger body. Haslem cant give us 30 minutes. blatch is an efficient scorer and floor stretcher too. Fits more what we are trying to do. You add McGee, im fine with that. He'll just take birdmans spot. That still leaves us with a hole at pf for more than half the game.

#411 Scar

Scar

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,643 posts
  • LocationThe Wood

Posted Today, 10:21 AM

As of right now until bosh n bob come back we don't have a viable 4 on the team. Beas is a tweener at best, but is a natural 3. And ud can't give us what 2e need anymore.

Imitation is the best form of flattery

Inaugural Miami Heat Forum Fantasy Basketball Champion! (2013)

#412 Seabass777

Seabass777

Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted Today, 10:54 AM

Blatche is a PF more than a C... he plays no defense. If you have not seen him play, go check him out on youtube and watch him on defense.  He would not be able to handle Gasol or Nene or Love any better than Haslem could. Blatche is an offensive player.

Yea, I guess he wants to be able to choose his future with how much he has moved around the past few years. Boston just wants to use him to make the playoff push and then throw him away if he does not come up big/do enough this year, or have him locked in if he does well.

I would take him here with player option. He is still young enough for Riley, Zo, Spo(I don't like his in game coaching, but he can instill the guy with our values) & our great staff to mold.

If McGee did not pan out, then in 2016-17 he would become an UFA anyway right? So no big risk, just one slot taken up for next year as reserve C.

Birdman will turn 38 during next season & Haslem really has no spot if Bosh & McRoberts both return as PFs. I wish Haslem would become a coach next year... we would have so many PFs and Cs. I don't want to lose McRoberts, Beasley or McGee should they do well here.

PF:  Bosh, McRoberts, Beasley
SF:  Deng, Ennis
C:    Whiteside. McGeee
SG:  Wade, Chalmers, TJ
PG:  Dragic, Napier

Extra 3: Birdman, Haslem, Zoran? 

This seems nice to me, I guess we need more shooting. But, Bosh & McRoberts can both hit over 100 3pointers next year, that would add the needed deep threats. Hopefully Wade works on his 3pter as well and the young guards, same deal, come back better and with more weapons.

LOL... I made all this up over Mcgee that might not even ever come here, but its a slow day in Heat news.

Whiteside/McGee/Anderson
Bosh/McRoberts/Haslem
Deng/Beasley/Ennis
Wade/Johnson/Z.Dragic
G.Dragic/Chalmers/Napier

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users