Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2Hot

Wade down to 3.5% body fat

22 posts in this topic

From twitter

quote:
Expect a leaner Dwyane Wade this season. Body fat down from 4.8 to 3.5 percent of body mass index.

quote:
Wade redefined his game during lockout, according to personal trainer. Ready to debut new moves and shots.

quote:
Wade incorporated aero-space principles into his training, thanks to trainer and physics expert Ed Downs of @TERFaf.

I knew he looked more cut (no homo) from his pictures, but I didn't realize he lost weight. That could be very good. Honestly only thing I'm hoping for is that he worked on his jump shot and got it back to 08-09/pre-2007 levels, this is just a bonus.

And 3.5% body fat is crazy for anyone that doesn't know. I never even got that low playing football Eeker

quote:
Originally posted by 2Hot:

And 3.5% body fat is crazy for anyone that doesn't know. I never even got that low playing football Eeker

Ya thats crazy, I didnt think he needed to lose any weight at all, hes always been in great shape. I just wanted him to get his mid range jumper going again like it was in past seasons

Wade in prime condition and shooting mid range like he was in his prime+LeBron having fun again with the game like he did in Cleveland and playing ridiculously good basketball is probably enough to get us a ring by itself without even getting any new players.

Plus, Bosh will looking to be in prime Raptor beast mode.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBron+Wade>Jordan+Pippen:

Wade in prime condition and shooting mid range like he was in his prime+LeBron having fun again with the game like he did in Cleveland and playing ridiculously good basketball is probably enough to get us a ring by itself without even getting any new players.

Plus, Bosh will looking to be in prime Raptor beast mode.

Yeah, I look forward to the 2011-2012 season. Happy to see joy and hard work put into the game by the big 3,

Wow that's amazing and it will make him better... As 2hot said I also hope for that killer jump shooting he had 3 years ago and early in his days with the heat (05,06)..

He should also show improvement on his ft % and 3׳s..

quote:
Originally posted by Brooklyn, New York:

quote:

Ya thats crazy, I didnt think he needed to lose any weight at all, hes always been in great shape. I just wanted him to get his mid range jumper going again like it was in past seasons

+1 his mid range game he had in the MV3 season would be a great asset to his game and the heat i would love to see him use the backboard as well i know some ppl think thats sort of less confident in his shot but i believe it can be effective

quote:
Originally posted by HeatingUp:

Wow that's amazing and it will make him better... As 2hot said I also hope for that killer jump shooting he had 3 years ago and early in his days with the heat (05,06)..

He should also show improvement on his ft % and 3׳s..

espacially those FT's i hope he flirts around 80% at least this season

That's incredible. Don't mean to beat the dead horse here, but he really does need to get around the 80% mark at the Free-Throw line and improvements in his mid-range game would help a lot, especially being he plays more off the ball now than in past years. I wouldn't personally be opposed to him going back to his mid-range bank-shot, it wasn't fancy or pretty but it was effective and efficient. Tim Duncan made a HOF career out of it....

3.5% Body fat is not possible. Somebody is exaggerating. Well its not impossible, but its extremely unhealthy. Anybody who knows lifting and sports and nutrition knows that you shouldn't go below 5%. And even that's risky. Usually you want to be between 8-10% as an athlete.

If Wade really is 3.5% body fat then expect his game to get worse, not better.

quote:
Originally posted by Nolio:

3.5% Body fat is not possible. Somebody is exaggerating. Well its not impossible, but its extremely unhealthy. Anybody who knows lifting and sports and nutrition knows that you shouldn't go below 5%. And even that's risky. Usually you want to be between 8-10% as an athlete.

+1

That isn't even healthy. You do need fat in your system. Maybe someone mistook an 8 for a 3 and he's really at 8.5%?

quote:

This is obviously coming from an outside source (tweet) so its clearly not exact. I think the point was that he's really slimmed up and gotten rid of excess fat. So give or take 2% is not really the point. I think in general this will REALLY add to Wade's wind the most, allow him to go harder for more extended periods.

Allen Iverson was around 5% body fat just on genetics alone btw, if I'm not mistaken. 3.5% isn't really impossible, just extremely extremely difficult.

quote:

quote:

This is obviously coming from an outside source (tweet) so its clearly not exact. I think the point was that he's really slimmed up and gotten rid of excess fat. So give or take 2% is not really the point. I think in general this will REALLY add to Wade's wind the most, allow him to go harder for more extended periods.

Allen Iverson was around 5% body fat just on genetics alone btw, if I'm not mistaken. 3.5% isn't really impossible, just extremely extremely difficult.

Yeah I corrected myself when I mentioned it, its not impossible but definitely not ideal. You can actually cause serious damage to your body that way. Body fat is where all the energy is. When the muscles need fuel, they take that from the fat. S if he's working with so little body fat then he's not going to be able to go harder. Especially if he's playing 5 games in 6 nights and 3 sets of back to backs and all that other crazy stuff that's going on with this schedule.

I guess we'll see. If he's like 7% or 8% then great but 5% and under is when the body starts to get into that danger zone. But like you said, at least he's slimmed down some and is working on trying to be his best.

quote:

Uhm, I could have sworn elite athletes are typically under 5% BF...Andre Iguodala comes to mind, Russell Westbrook...