Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MH33

Miami HEAT: Waiver/Buyout/Free Agent Watch

Heat passed on trade deadline.

Heat now turn attention to next Thursday's NBA buyout deadline.

There's some names we should focus:

Chris Kaman

Jermaine O'Neal

Marcus Camby

Derek Fisher

Anthony Carter

Rasheed Wallace

Dan Gadzuric

Greg Oden

Francisco Elson

Who should push hard to sign?

Heat passed on trade deadline.

Heat now turn attention to next Thursday's NBA buyout deadline.

There's some names we should focus:

Chris Kaman

Jermaine O'Neal

Marcus Camby

Derek Fisher

Anthony Carter

Rasheed Wallace

Dan Gadzuric

Greg Oden

Francisco Elson

Who should push hard to sign?

half of those players wont be bought out....

Kaman said he's open to re-signing with the Hornets next season. "Yes sir, certainly," he said. New Orleans Times-Picayune

Oh.... He may remain Hornets and No buyout occurs.

Camby won't be bought out. The Rockets coach has always been big on him, plus, they need him for the play offs. They are in contention and need him as a back up big.

Kaman = lol no, Stern would never do that. Plus, NO has his bird rights, so he can get paid big $$$.

JO might be the only guy we can get but I'll take him

Not even, Ainge said that if JO's intentions are to go back to Miami, then he won't be bought out.

it looking ugly unless rasheed come back like he was with the celtics! but from now on im hopping we dont match up with orlando or Lakers on a series because the size will destroy us! and Pat let Mcgee go away when denver got him without getting the guy they where trying to give away Blather or something like that! Let hope Pat been giving Alonzo moruning some Streroid so he could return from retirement!

honestly every team is holding onto these centers for dear life, its really pathetic actually. You think New Orleans will go anywhere w/ kaman? You think eric gordon will stay? You think the celtics can win a series this year w/ JO? they are just keeping these guys so we cant get any better. Really disgusting to me. But what can we do? Pat riley is out of tricks. We signed joel anthiny to a 4 mil dollar deal and he is straight up ****. We're done.

Lol.

Chris Tomasson ‏ @christomasson

Another big man candidate has emerged for Heat in 6-10, 250-pound Ronny Turiaf,, who'll be waived by Denver to make room for Wilson Chandler

Ronny Turiaf has played in just 4 games this year. He had broken hand but was cleared to return Tuesday. Might be best big man Heat can get.

Ronny Turiaf has seven-year averages of 5.2 points and 3.8 rebounds. He has NBA Finals experience with the Lakers in 2008.

Ronny Turiaf might be a great fit here. He is very close to what we need and could be our last hope for a legit center this season. He's a vet with experience and can easy give us 5/6 & 2 blks in just over 20 minutes. IMO he is the most realistic option right now. That rumor seriously made my day despite us being so desperate. Either him, JO or Sheed would be welcomed here with open arms. Hell I'd even take Gadzuric, Fesenko or Elson right now. Even Dampier or Big Z outta retirement! Even Shaq! Even Wilt's corpse outta the grave! You get the point!

:D

Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby isn't getting bought out, so lets just forget them.

Rasheed Wallace and Jermaine O'Neal could fill a need of they are fit and ready to play, but are they?

A guy Dan Gadzuric isn't exactly a superstar, but he got some length, size and experience, and you don't need to be a that good to be better then what we have now at C, aside from Joel.

Greg Oden is whole other discussion because he won't be able to help us right now, he would be a project.

Derek Fisher or Anthony Carter would fill in good as a solid third string PG and give us some as us experience and composure at the position. Something that could be valuable to have behind our young, and some times erratic, combo of Rio and Cole. Especially if one gets injured . Don't think Fisher would mind joining HEAT after LA dumped him.

Ronny Turiaf is probably the best big of those available. He doesn't have the height everybody is going on about, but I think we are better of actually getting someone who can play then staring us blind at 7 foot. At 6-10, 250 he still got good size. He is also athletic enough to do the stuff defensively HEAT wants from their bigs, and overall probably the one most fitted for way the HEATs play.

If we end up with something like Fisher and Turiaf I would be happy, and if it ends up being Gadzuric and Carter Im very still ok with it.

Because you wont find starters in the "90% off buyout bin". There are reasons these players aren't on teams rosters. No reason to get our hope up about getting someone that start, or overvalue a player just because we have a need, aka the "Troy Murphy effect".

Turiaf wouldn't be a bad pickup if he is bought out. But hes nowhere near 6'10....more like 6'9 in shoes. Maybe he can do a bit better holding his own in the post than Haslem but other than that doesn't provide much that UD cannot.

Turiaf wouldn't be a bad pickup if he is bought out. But hes nowhere near 6'10....more like 6'9 in shoes. Maybe he can do a bit better holding his own in the post than Haslem but other than that doesn't provide much that UD cannot.

He is listed as 6-10, but I get your point, you never now with the NBA profile measurements. Still, I rather have a player that is good enough to be on the floor, then 7'0 sitting in a suit. I don't really see that much 7'0 or even 6'11 available that would actually suit up.

And I agree that he in would probably be a lot like UD, but I wouldn't mind having another Haslem at our disposal. Especially with added length, bulk and shot blocking. Turiaf is a great shot blocker.

Stat wise he is also what we would want from a back up big; 5ppg, 4rpg, 1,5bpg 53FG% in less then 20 mins.

So how many injury prone players do we have now if we sign Turiaf <_<

A broken hand is a freak injury.

It's funny how last month I stated Ronny Turiaf as someone Miami should look at and eveybody was up in arms about the idea and not just because of the fact that some believe he is 6'9" or whatever and now I look and everybody is embracing the idea of getting him. There are reasons why I suggested Turiaf as an option and I will list those reasons again.

First off just like B.G. has stated he is listed as 6'10" and until I see something that states different I will not change my tune on it. Second, he is very athletic and weighs about 245 lbs which is about 10-20 lbs heavier than Joel Anthony and 5 lbs heavier than Tyson Chandler. The last time I checked nobody was throwing Tyson Chandler around. Third, he is a very good defensive player and his stats are pretty much what we would be looking for in a center.

So again I say that Ronny Turiaf is a really good pickup plus it doesn't hurt that he had playoff experience with the Lake Show.

I do believe that Miami should go after Turiaf and also sign Rasheed Wallace

• Similar Content

• By DWarner4
      For about a year now, I've been predicting that LeBron will be returning to the Miami Heat next season. While the mainstream media is just now starting to accept this as a possibility, I felt like it was a probability that he'd definitely be considering them once again, if not choosing to return for certain.

Some of you may not wish for this to happen as you're LeBron haters, or just like the team how it is. Others will be quite happy if he returns and the team returns to everyday NBA and social media relevance. For what it's worth, I'd kinda like to see it myself, just for the sake of change and the anticipation it creates. I also like Spoelstra as a coach...

Whether we would like it to happen or not, the ball has likely already started rolling for his management team in regards to lining up potential teammates to come with him to South Beach for a chance to take down the almighty Warriors or newly powerful Rockets.

Think about it. It makes some sense over all the other possible destinations in a lot of ways.

He recently said he puts family and winning first and foremost.
      His family was quite comfortable living in Miami, are very familiar with the city layout, and have connections to find out about the local schools quickly. His sons and DWade's boys may just end up playing some HS ball together. What kind of cameras and recruiting would that bring? We know both of them like attention and why not generate some for their boys like nobody ever has? The weather is A1, probably better than LA, and there's a more flavorful swag to the city. Plus the checks are state tax free...They still own property in the area, and because of all this, the transition there would be easier than it would be anywhere except for staying in Cleveland. That covers the family portion of his requirements. Miami is an A or A+ in that regard...

The winning part seems to come with him. And he's had a knack for getting guys to join him or holding the leverage with an organization to force them to make bold moves. I can see a few potential moves developing for Miami should he decide to come back.
      If Houston gets the 65 wins and doesn't win the Chip, I could see Chris Paul sneaking out of Texas and into Florida to join his long time buddy.
      With the development in San Antonio, moves regarding Kawhi Leonard and LeBron have been whispered about.
      Paul George is another guy who has a good relationship with Bron and wants to win badly. Bad enough that he tried playing with two ball hogs this year! He may be up for a glamorous, highlight filled Miami stop after living in Oklahoma and Indiana.
      The Heat have no picks in the upcoming couple of drafts, but Dragic could be a good pick up in San Antonio to join Pops international group and take over where Murray hasn't quite stepped up and if Kawhi is gonna go, they may as well start seeing what they can get for him. Whiteside may also be better utilized elsewhere, as it sounds like he was saying last week in his little outburst...So there are moves that could be made. Arison and Riley aren't afraid to spend money as evidenced by them having the 4th highest projected spending league wide this year. And I don't think Pat Riley is content with being an also-ran. He doesn't do this to have his team not compete at the highest levels. Nor Arison... And while Spo has done wonders with the roster he has had over the years, when Riley gives him a little more in the cupboard, we all saw how he managed that...4 Seasons, 4 Finals.
      As a franchise for winning, they're a grade  A. Currently it may not appear that way, but a makeover can change things quickly...

And lastly, and probably the largest thing, is LeBrons ego and quest to be seen as better than the mythological GOAT, Michael Jordan. Not sure obsession would be the right word, but something close to it, no doubt.

Staying in the East makes sense for this. It appears to be the easier path to the Finals for his teams, despite the final Power Rankings showing that 4 of the top 6 teams were in the East this year.
      He's gone to 7 straight Finals and despite his team being the 4 seed, isn't much of an underdog in Vegas to make it again. With a few moves that can happen in Miami. He can't win unless he can get to the Finals, and finishing second is always better than finishing 3rd or worse, so it's a smart tactic that most people clearly understand.

He could go to the Warriors to win for sure like KD did, then people would bash him relentlessly. I don't think he's up for that again... He could go to Houston and play with CP3 but would James Harden defer to James in a way that Bron would find acceptable, and if they win it's a little like the KD move again. If he goes to LA like they'd like, can he even get to the Finals? In Philly he could play with some young, injury prone kids, in a city with horrible weather much of the NBA season... He could stay home in Ohio and hope the team makes some solid moves and that their number 1 pick turns into something special...Or he could go back to beautiful Miami...

In Miami he finds his good friend DWade winding it down. His old stomping grounds, favorite restaurants, trainers, and neighborhoods. A place he can drive his drop tops year round and a fancy car doesn't even stand out. A community where his wife enjoyed living and mother still resides. A team with a coach that understands him, how to coach him, and he has a level of respect for. And a front office that will be bold. A lot to like...
      But I think where the Heat come into play is in the history he may be able to make there and nowhere else. If he plays out his final days in a Heat uni, and that ends up being 5 more, after 9 or10 seasons in a Heat uniform where they lead the league in attendance nearly every year, and were in the consideration as one of the best teams leaguewide largely due to his presence, like DWade, he'd have to be in the running for a Statue not long after retirement.
      If he has a statue when retired in Miami, and presumably he'll have one in Cleveland after 11 years, he'd be the first and only player to have that honor with two different NBA franchises. That's an A+ in the intangible area...

Jordan may have his jersey retired in Miami for some silly reason, but he only has one NBA statue in Chicago. I believe my favorite player of all time, "Dr. J"- Julius Erving, is the only guy with two in his pro career with Doc having one in Jersey for his ABA exploits, and one in Philly for his grace and for carrying the franchise and both leagues for a decade. Couple dudes have Statues at their colleges, surprisingly Jordan isn't one of them, but nobody with two at two different NBA franchises. Ever. I think that could be motivating factor to put Miami ahead of the field...

And then there's this today...
      http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23091655

Yes?
      No?
      Hell No!?
      Hell Yes!?

What you think??

• By MaxHeat69
      Well,........ I mean, is there any evidence, that our team (or their online representatives) are kinda reading our forums for constructive feedback about our discussions, debates, beefs and individual player feedback? 
      What do you think, bros?.............
    • By MaxHeat69
      Okay, ladies and gentlemen,........ just on schedule, the 2nd part of our Heat Forums Member Awards - PART 2 with the Categories,.................

Most Delusional Poster
      Worst enthusiasm ( aka The BOOO! Award)
      Best Thread Creator
      Go ahead and select your choices,............. 
      PS... okay let's make it 4 days to vote this time (since it's  a weekend for most of us,........)
    • By MaxHeat69
      Ladies and gentlemen, it may be unusual for you to have this announced by MaxHeat69,....... but thanks to the cooperation with my new best buddies TRIPLEATOOTSIES and SG-THREE, I would like to open up this year’s Heat Forums member Awards 2017, starting off with PART 1 with the Categories:
      Rookie of the year
      Funniest Member
      Most Improved member
      Period for each thread, as far as I remember was 3 days........
      We'll be taking it step by step, like every 3 days 3 new categories, and the MVP for the FINAL DAY
      Dear well respected Admins and Mods, please feel free to make a conclusion by the deadline.
      And to everybody else…… your contributions and opinions are more than appreciated…….. Thank you very much.........
      Fire right away,……..
      MaxHeat69 out,………