Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbamifla

WHAT IS WRONG WITH DWAYNE WADE?

92 posts in this topic

Wade doesn't want to be coached. He was to run around and play hero ball when eer he wants. Look at how we performed under Riley. Riley was not having it. Iman even make a case about SVG as well. Spo is like a freakin door mat. But I'm happy spo finally called one of his star players out on their wrongs. If Lebron and wade are too scared to call each other out then some one has to eventually. The nerve of wade to get made bc his coach questioned his shooting decisions. Spo is no better and I can rant on him but this is wade. You aren't contributing and is hurting the team badly. How can you get mad when confronted about it?

Wade hasnt been "dominating" anything since 08-09. Even with that said, its not his abilities that pisses me off; its his freakin diva attitude and delusional sense of entitlement. Its been getting progressively worse and worse and I for one am tired of seeing it. He takes plays off, A LOT, he pouts when he doesnt get his way, and did I mention he takes plays off?

Once again, Im not coming at his abilities because we know what Wade can do. He's shown it time and time again, yet HIS ATTITUDE DEFINITELY AFFECTS HIS DECISION MAKING. Tonight was a PRIME EXAMPLE of Wade's ego getting the better of him. Defiantly shooting long jumper after long jumper, then trying to get mad when the coach calls you out? This due can kick rocks.

While this dude still has value; I say trade him, rio, haslem & that 1st rd pick for D Will, Lopez, & a filler. As much as I was ride or die for Wade, Ive never been such a fan to where I never called him out for his idiocy. If he wants to act like people owe him something, let him do it elsewhere while we try to establish a winning team here...

/EndRant

I couldn't have said it better myself. The bold part is absolutely spot on. Especially when he argues about non-calls or when he missed a shot, he somehow tried to argues with the refs as if they owe something for missing the shot.

Now we know why Wade and Riley never got along. A player like Kobe would've embraced the idea of a coach making him trains hard in order to perform at his best. Payton have questioned Wade's work ethic, and we can now all agrees that he was right.

I don't see how this would hurt this team if Miami were to trade him for Dwight Howard. A LeBron-Howard-Bosh combo would be just as deadly. The older Wade gets, the more vulnerable he is of constantly getting injured. I think it would be a wise move to trade him while his value is still up, He has at least two years left before he become another Tracy Mcgrady without a solid jumpshot.

If that's why you think Wade should be traded, then why would the Magic trade for him? lol

Now we know why Wade and Riley never got along. A player like Kobe would've embraced the idea of a coach making him trains hard in order to perform at his best. Payton have questioned Wade's work ethic, and we can now all agrees that he was right.

Exactly....All these things that we've heard about Wade, and foolishly chalked it up to people being "haters", are now making me go Hmmmmmm.

If that's why you think Wade should be traded, then why would the Magic trade for him? lol

Because they're dealing with a diva of their own in Dwight Howard....At least Howard fits what we desperately needs.

^^^ Yes, If he's calling Wade a 2 year til Tmac, I don't see the Magic trading a DHoward.

if D Howard doesn't sign that extension they will Have to trade him or let him walk and Get nothing

@GQ7 Nice deleting your post lol

@NeoDragonBallz they should've traded him for BGriff&DJordan, at least for ticket sales.

Instead of Howard wanting StanVanGundy gone when STAN is the one that AT LEAST WANTS to be in Orlando.

i don't know *** is wrong with him.. he is not himself anymore..

once he was a humble player, doesn't argue with calls and he earned everything that's he accomplish..

now he became a DIVA and he stinks this series and he sucked all year long.. maybe it's because he did everything in his power to make LeBron the No.1 guy and maybe not.. all i know is that without Bosh we are goin to lose to Indiana and even if he comes back early, San antonio and OKC are mach better TEAMS then us anyway..

Stop bringing LeBron into it.. LeBron was on the team last year and Wade was just fine.. he's just not playing well.. he's getting looks, not being double-teamed (for the most part).. he's just not making shots for whatever reason.. that 31% FG has to improve and quickly

Wade is furstraded at Spo with reason,season over.

Man it's real messed up... If a player is actin bigger than the coach, and cussin at him, it's time for either of them to go (or both in some cases)... Big teams/players require big coaches.... (like Michael Jordan + Phil Jackson) U gotta maintain the order, otherwise, the players become the boss, and act like fools...

Mr. Riley should sit down with both, and figure out the problem.... Who ever wants to quit, should quit.... NOBODY has the right to put their personal issues ahead of the HEAT's success and credibility...

1 person likes this

I'm tired of the Wade homers constantly making excuses for him and even somehow try to throw in some snide remarks at LeBron as if it's his fault for Wade's laziness.

Wade needs to start being held accountable for his piss poor play as of late. Face it, he has not been the same since th 08-09 season. He's become more of a diva than a superstar. He cries about every single non call and fails to get back on d. He single handedly threw the game for us last night. We were up by 9 then he comes in and all hell breaks loose. I not doubting his skills because at 30 he can still take over a game. But he won't because his work ethic has declined and the results show on the court. His mid range jumper is beyond horrendous. He had arguably the best mid range game but now Idk what he's doing. Lebron and Bosh came to play with a champion, a warrior, a guy who singled handed brought this team to higher heights not a ****** *** diva. I love wade, he is my favorite player but Im done with Lebron and Bosh getting the blame for under achievement when Wade in hind sight is the biggest problem probably.

No we are not trading Wade for Dwight or who ever. But he needs to be told to let this diva-ness go and quit crying to the refs and play the way we know he can play. This is not Dwayne Tyrone Wade the 2006 Finals MVP or the Most Oustanding Player at the Beijing Olympics. This a sell out who is quitting on his team. God willing the real Wade returns and stays. This diva has to go

1 person likes this

You and almost everybody here are blind, Wade was just talking with the guy on charge, he didn't quit on himself or on his team, he did quit on "the dreamed COTY" and sent the message to the boss.

I am a long time HEAt fan and WADE did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Give me $ 33 million dollars and I will sink some baskets. Wade did not try. Do not tell me any HEAT fan is happy when Bosh is out, and two franchise players are left, and one stand on the court doing absolutely nothing. THE HEAT ARE DONE. This series is over. I hope WADE is happy he tanked.

you guys are out of your damn mind talkin about "you haven't seen him be good since 06" etc. this **** been dominating his entire career, this is his only "worst" season and it aint even as bad as you guys make it seem, he gave up money, he took a step back and gave bron the reigns, he is sacrificing so much and this is the result. deal with it because a lot of you asked for it, now you want him traded..please I would love to see how amazing this team would get if he does get traded because no way in hell is dwight the ultimate diva playing second banana to bron

Yeah, idk...this team went 14-1 sans Wade. Can you picture Bron, Bosh, and Dwight? Even if Dwight is a diva, not as much as Wade anyway, we would still RAPE the league.

Rape!

NONE OF YOU GUYS WERE CRYIN ABOUT WADE WHEN HE WAS 14-15 FTs IN GAME 1

Most of us on here can make 14/15 Fts.

To all my MIA fans, lets calm down a little ...Dwayne Wade just had a really really bad game thats all. Dwade is one of the best sg in the game right now. Spo or riley wouldnt be stupid enough to trade dwade. Did anyone see the ridiculous calls the ref called last night they basically gave the game to the pacers. Trust me game 4 its on. p.s we do not have a CENTER or a scoring PF we are doing pretty well. we are only 2-1 sunday we WILL BE 2-2 THEN BACK TO MIA..TO WIN SERIES .WE WILL WIN THE SHIP.

i CANT BELIEVE SOME OF U PPL ARE GIVING UP ON OUR TEAM..SMH

TEAM MIA 04'

this confirms my observation about our "smart" coach. wade just doesn't respect him. wade's performance will have triggered ANY coach's call-out and that situation justified his actions. and what happened? wade may be mad, frustrated and all of that BUT it doesn't justify his action of yelling back at the coach. for that matter, i don't want to ship wade out. this team needs a better coach - someone who will gain the respect of its players. i'm sorry, coach spo WILL never get the job done for as long as he coaches wade.

coach spo has to go.

Here is True Hoops take as they ask this very same question...

What's going on with Wade?

May, 18, 2012

By Beckley Mason

ESPN.com

There's been lots of speculation as to why Dwyane Wade was so painfully ineffective in Game 3 -- including reports that he may actually be in pain.

On the NBA Today podcast, Bucks forward Luc Richard Mbah a Moute attributed some of the Heat star's struggles to the absence of Chris Bosh.

Later in that same podcast, David Thorpe notes that Wade simply looks like he's lost a step, and Paul George is doing a great job of using his incredible length and quickness to cut him off in isolation sets.

But Wade is also one of the best in the league at using pick-and-rolls to feast on defenses, and it's on those opportunities that his lack off aggressiveness is truly puzzling.

Perhaps we should doff our caps to Pacers coach Frank Vogel for designing a sharp strategy to neutralize the dynamic wing on this action.

Or maybe not.

Over on Pacers-themed blog Eight Points, Nine Seconds, Jared Wade goes to the tape, and finds no such wizardry.

An overwhelming majority of the times that LeBron, Wade and Chalmers have dribbled off a high screen, they have found themselves open. The guy defending them is busy fighting through the screen and the big man, as previously mentioned, is hanging back five feet in “free-safety/rim protection” mode. So they are open. It’s just that they are open in a way that they are unaccustomed to being open.

That has generally not deterred LeBron from being effective. He has still found many ways to score and create for teammates. Most impressively, he has resorted to a little running floater in the lane that I have hardly ever seen him take. It really is amazing. To deal with an unfamiliar way of being defended, he has basically created an entirely new weapon.

LeBron has also consistently found other ways to ensure that the Heat’s pick-and-roll attack — one of the most vital aspects of Miami’s offense — continues to be productive regardless of how it is defended.

In striking, baffling, puzzling contrast, Dwyane Wade has shown no such ability to adapt.

The video above is a horror flick for Heat fans.

Throughout the series, he has been confounded while coming off the screen with the ball. He has turned it over repeatedly, missed pull-up jumpers, missed floaters, missed layups, thrown poor passes and generally just been useless leading the pick-and-roll in all three games.

There really is no good way to explain exactly why such a talented player is having so much trouble making the right decision when he finds himself virtually unguarded dribbling off a screen. In this respect, two Wades are baffled.

In the clip above, just look at how many little hiccups there are in his attack and how indecisive his actions generally look. LeBron’s hesitations, on the other hand, are measured, change-of-pace moves that help create more space to attack.

Dwyane's hesitations just look like a guy who is clueless on what to do next.

It doesn't sound good, but we've seen this number before from Wade.

He struggled to do much of anything against the Celtics -- a team renown for its consistently excellent pick-and-roll defense -- throughout the regular season last year, then torched them on 52.5 percent shooting in five games during the playoffs.

For all the speculation about LeBron James' mental makeup, Wade's inconsistent effort (not to mention that blown layup at the end of Game 2) has largely gone uncriticized. The hometown hero with a ring to boot, Wade has escaped the sort of inspection many feel LeBron demands.

Maybe Wade just needs a day off to uncork another vintage performance.

But if the Heat can't recover from his current funk? Then, for the first time since he and James joined forces in Miami, it may be Wade who has to do the explaining.

1 person likes this

It is a team game and it happens.The series is 7 games and we can come back.D.Wade will come around and do his part also.I believe in the Heat, James and Wade will do what is necessary to beat Indiana in this round.

This whole injury excuse for Wade is total BS to me. He looked healthy, it's just that he didn't show up. His erratic plays was so bad that it destroyed the whole team chemistry. I thought Spo should've went with Lebron cleveland style play at the end to atleast makeup for the deficit.

When it's Wade time

Give him his Original Heat Buddies - PG Chalmers, SF Jones PF Haslem C Joel

He really looks lost out there with Miller, Shane and Turiaf

lol I find the reactions funny. Wade is playing exactly as he always has. That's the problem. I pointed this out 2 years ago. Wade is a product of the officiating now. Once upon a time, he steadily improved his game and attempted to win by using his skills. But after his breakout season in 08/09, he's resorted to playing for the foul calls. Its gotten worse since Lebron and Bosh joined. Unfortunately for Wade, the defenses don't attack Wade the way he wants them to anymore and the referees have cut down on giving out so many bs calls.

But to be fair, its not just Wade who does it. Others around the league do too.

+1000

This is one of the main reason why he isn't the player he was back in '06 and the '08/09 season where he didn't depended on the ref but his fundamental game instead and was always looking to improve and grow but he somewhere in his mind he tell himself I don't have to keep improving my game hopefully that mindset will change.

2). Another reason is I think Wade deferring to Lebron is becoming a problem don't know how but is an obvious that's effecting his game.

3). Please stop using the injury card b/c a lot players is bang up now and not using injury as an excuse for their poor performances.

Wade just hasn't been playing like the Wade we know he needs to go back in the gym and work on his game.

After saying all that I expect Wade and the Heat to respond better in Indiana in game 4 and hopefully come out with a win.