Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danny

HEAT 84 - Knicks 104 Game Recap

28 posts in this topic

670_heatknickspost_121102.jpg

(Photo Credit: Nick Laham)

The Miami HEAT lost to the New York Knicks 104-84 at Madison Square Garden Friday night. The HEAT’s record dropped to 1-1. They host the Denver Nuggets Saturday in Miami. Here’s the game recap:

Impact Performer of the Night: This one is pretty easy. Carmelo Anthony was excellent for the Knicks, especially early. He scored 30 points on 10-for-28 shooting and grabbed 10 rebounds, four of which were offensive. It was his first quarter that set the tempo for the game though, as he raced out to 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Anthony’s threes carried the Knicks to an early lead and the HEAT were never really able to bounce back.

The Deciding Run: The entire first quarter. The Knicks knocked down six threes and shot 61 percent overall from the field. The offensive outburst was enough to give the Knicks a 16 point lead. The Knicks’ ball movement was exceptional and they were able to find clean looks all over the perimeter.

Efficiency Rating: Offense Efficiency: 92.6; Defensive Efficiency: 113.5

Trend to Watch: Well, there weren’t a ton of positives for the HEAT. The Knicks were able to find open threes and knock them down an alarming rate. During the regular season last year, the HEAT gave up lots of threes and allowed teams to shoot very well on them. This changed in the playoffs and it will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

One positive for the HEAT has to be the shooting of Rashard Lewis. Lewis has looked good the first two games of the season. His perimeter shooting will be a key to him getting significant minutes his season.

The Takeaway: It’s one game in early November. The HEAT didn’t play well and that can be attributed to any number of factors. It’s an ugly end to what was an irregular week for the HEAT, but it doesn’t have much of an impact going forward. If the HEAT can win Saturday night, the pain of Friday’s loss will be wiped away pretty quickly.

Notes: Dexter Pittman, Joel Anthony and Terrel Harris did not play. LeBron James led the HEAT with 23 points. He added a team-high five assists and grabbed seven rebounds. Chris Bosh finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds. Dwyane Wade finished with 15 points, five rebounds and four assists. The HEAT host the Nuggets Saturday night at 7:30 PM.

Can we just forget this game happened?

That's the best thing to do. Remember the ugly losses to OKC and Indiana last year? Those didn't prove to mean much in the playoffs.

lol HEat gave them the game

How about we just give the Knicks credit and move on? No use in sulking around finding ways around this loss.

I got that the Knicks were going to play above themselves tonight, who wouldn't with the entire city looking at you wanting something to cheer for, I just didn't expect the Heat to lay there and take it.

They did just that. Miami's body language from the get go was flat as if they took the mentality that this game should have been postponed and played like it.

Sure, give props to the Knicks for shooting lights out from beyond the arc. But, they were just quicker and more enthusiastic for this game than their opponent and it showed.

Second game of the season, nothing to worry about but its disappointing when the team just takes it on the chin.

Wait, what game

Dont see no Heat brand of basketball tonight , probably just some nightmares you guys had :ph34r:

How about we just give the Knicks credit and move on? No use in sulking around finding ways around this loss.

The Heat didnt wanna play thats how i see it we r the champs and a better team.

If we played with half the effort we played with on Tuesday it'll be a blow out still except we'd be on the winning side. Anyone who thinks NYK are just flat out better or think we played like our usual selves are just delusional. But NY gets credit for coming out hard at home. But let's not believe this was the world champion Miami heat playing this game tonight. Anyhow lets move on. We see them 3 more times

Heat putting practice on Madison SG, nice exhibition game guys, next time destroy them.

Not worried one bit. I did like Lewis in the game though, he was one of our few positives.

I don't think we contested one shot. I've never seen them play this bad. But oh well, If there was one game I wouldn't mind losing as much it would be this one due to the whole Hurricane Sandy epidemic. I still would like to have seen better effort, but whatever. We have a chance to redeem ourselves tonight.

Everyone relax. It's just a game. The Knicks kicked a**. The Heat didn't play to their potential...that was clear. But give credit to the NYKs... They look really good this year. They're a different team. Solid coach. Deep roster. A lot of experience on this team. Being a die hard Knicks fan, I'm excited about this season. Bring on the hate ;)

The heat played like they wanted to lose. Given the happening in new jersey with the hurracaine...NY needed this win as a relief. Iam happy for them. Enjoy..

Kuddos to the knicks.

• Similar Content

• By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Mike Ehrmann
      The Miami HEAT regret that it remains unable to clear Chris Bosh to return to basketball activities, and there is no timetable for his return.
      Read more here
    • By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Joe Murphy
      At 2:00 PM ET, I will ask a trivia question in this thread to give away one Justise Winslow signed photo. A multi-part question will be asked and the first eligible person who responds correctly will be declared the winner. Please note that you must live in the U.S. since your prize will be mailed to you.
      READ the full rules to make sure you’re eligible: http://www.nba.com/heat/miami-heat-inferno-trivia-contest-official-rules-september-20-2016-justise-winslow-signed-photo
    • By Joe B.
      Check out the HEAT in NBA 2K17:

• By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Layne Murdoch
      At 3:30 PM ET, I will ask a trivia question in this thread to give away one Hassan Whiteside signed photo. A question will be asked and the first eligible person who responds correctly will be declared the winner. Please note that you must live in the U.S. since your prize will be mailed to you.
      READ the full rules here to make sure you’re eligible: http://www.nba.com/heat/miami-heat-inferno-trivia-contest-official-rules-september-15-2016-hassan-whiteside-signed-photo
    • By Joe B.
      Photo Credit: Glenn James
      Leading up to his Hall of Fame induction on Friday night, Shaq spoke with Ernie Johnson and looked back on his time in Miami: